Innovative Marine Aquariums

just got fish & CUC

phishy11

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait wats the conclusion?!?!?! i need a ending to my story!! this thred is amazing!!!

geez the basic rule to saltwater tanks--and im a noob-- pAITIENCE!!!! if you think its long enough wait another weeK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssirishpride

is 12 snails in say.... 27 or so gal. of water really too many? they don't really have faces so I can't see if they are happy or not. so I guess I'll have to buy snail food too. good grief this hobby is getting expensive.

Wow... to all you guys that have tried and tried and tried again... KUDOS - I am amazed at the amount of patience you all have demonstrated. I have been clicking on all of her posts for the past month and have been dumbfounded over and over as the sound advice of knowlegable people has been completely disregarded.

Oh yeah... and...

I was waiting for someone to tell her to paint numbers on her snails and have roll call every morning to check on their well being.

ssirishpride

now thats an idea. try painting those quick lil' nass though. they really are the john force of the snail kingdom.

well i think phishy is gone ... im sorry for being mean but everything i said had a point and i was trying to help and phishy is a lost cause .... so many people tried to help ... but to no avail .. those poor snails :( and damsel to i guess :happy:

one of my snails just got eaten by my big mean hermit crab-- i tried to keep them on speparate sides of the tak (divided) but the hermits dug holes under the divider!!!

i had 3 snails (10gl) but now two!! :( im soo sad-- i think im gonna return them-- get more snails

hermits will do that .. i had my snail population "balanced" by my hermits ... and they LOVE nassarius snail shells ... i even see my 1" hermits try and kill my nass snails at feeding time and maybe just maybe their front claw could fit in the shell ... as much as they have cost me about 25$ in snails they are so funny to watch

Helfrichs Chick
Wow... to all you guys that have tried and tried and tried again... KUDOS - I am amazed at the amount of patience you all have demonstrated. I have been clicking on all of her posts for the past month and have been dumbfounded over and over as the sound advice of knowlegable people has been completely disregarded.

Oh yeah... and...

I was waiting for someone to tell her to paint numbers on her snails and have roll call every morning to check on their well being.

I have to agree. Its just frustrating to see someone who doesnt want to take the time to read a book. Heck google it. Curing rock, waiting for the cycle is all variable.... however testing your water and knowing the proper levels is something that IMO should NEVER be asked. If you dont know what ammonia converts to and how much nitrate is good/bad then its time to take a LEAP back and figure that out first. On the cycle arguement.... I think its pointless. I personally have cycled a tank in a week..... and have had tanks with little to no cycle at all (yes with LR and LS from established tanks). I think the fact that she lied.... EH whatever, its the internet. Who cares.

While it is fully entertaining I HATE to see threads that sound like Reef Central threads. Just MO.

So my advice.... get a couple books, Fenner Calfo, Borneman... yata yata. Read up on the chemistry of salt water, what effects what, how ammonia is broken down and why. Keep the damsel, ditch or watch carefully the snails and hermits. Honestly I have seen people do much worse lol. I honestly bet more than 80% of NRers added a coral or a fish or cuc too soon. Just cant wait. I have been in the hobby for over 10 years and I know persoanlly I have been on that thin line of "should I?"

So poor phishy. Just chill out, do some reading and research on your own. Be honest cause its really not going to do you any good to lie... our advice will not be helpfull since your tank is not where we think it might be. Get to know us NRers, most are good friendly people who do want to help. Good luck

ok i agree- im sry!!! i understand what your saying and how frustrateing it is to be a newbie

in this case for me its the reefs.org ppl lecturing me on my dwarf seahorses and grilling me on every desision i made-- when i have researched for 3years and discussed EVERY desision with ppl on seahrose.org before doing anything

Scott Riemer

phishy, I tried so hard to help you, even when you kept testing my patience.

Just keep us up to date with your water parameters and we'll let you know when your cycle is over. Then you can worry about livestock.

On Apr. 11, you and I had a conversation about not seeing any traces of ammonia signifying your cycle. You were talking about adding the shrimp to kick start your cycle.

nope,but its brand new..I gotta throw a shrimp in there..

Now you're claiming the tank is cycled because you saw "some" algae?

You didn't even get proper sand in there until April 3.

No, i never threw the shrimp in.

I went over to reefcentral.com but..its not the same as nano-reef.com

Okay guys, your no what my problems are and im willing to listen. Help?

And uhhhh, lets not start anymore fight -_-

Archived