Pod Your Reef

just got fish & CUC

phishy11

alexmurovec
how many do you have?

i just started out with a small clean up crew. right now i only have 2 astrea snails and 2 hermits. i plan on adding a few more astrea snails and a couple nassarius snails in the future.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

basically small ... a tank less than a 30 gallon display is considered a nano tank ... and phisy what are all of your parameters ?

ammonia?

nitrite?

nitrate ?

salinity/specific gravity?

temp?

I have now been reading the phishy posts for weeks. Mostly to see what she is gonna do next ( although it is normally very predictable- the wrong thing). I have to applaud the patience of the regulars on the forum- you guys are amazing and very helpfull and have really tried your best.

But it is clear that you are wasting your time. Phishy is just gonna do what she wants- no regard for livestock at all and she does not want to listen to experience. It is clear that she never did any reading on her own and does not read the links specifically posted for her.

If anyone thinks I am being rash please read all her previous posts and you will see what I mean.

Had to say it... ;)

HecticDialectics
This is what i was told/read as well. 1 cuc member per gallon max.

Well if that's what someone told you, then it must be the absolute truth!

In three weeks, "Why are my snails dying one by one? Is it that bristle worm thing?!"

alexmurovec
I have now been reading the phishy posts for weeks. Mostly to see what she is gonna do next ( although it is normally very predictable- the wrong thing). I have to applaud the patience of the regulars on the forum- you guys are amazing and very helpfull and have really tried your best.

But it is clear that you are wasting your time. Phishy is just gonna do what she wants- no regard for livestock at all and she does not want to listen to experience. It is clear that she never did any reading on her own and does not read the links specifically posted for her.

If anyone thinks I am being rash please read all her previous posts and you will see what I mean.

Had to say it... ;)

i was starting to get the same vibe.

i heard the 1 snail per gallon thing also. i bought 12 astreas and i think theres 2 left. i have since bought a turbo snail and i think the 3 of them do a great job in my 12g. i have 5 nass snails because they were 5 for $10. but i should have only gotten 2. non have died but i have to feed them to stay alive.

Had to say it...

I have done reading on my own. I dont rely on nano-reef.com for all of my information. And what i am doing at the moment is not the wrong thing. My tank has ben running for 2 months and the cycle has ended. I got some algae so i decided to put a CUC in and then 2 damsels ( i now only have one..i returned one)

Tell me..what is so wrong about that?

My tank has ben running for 2 months and the cycle has ended.

definitely a lie ... u clearly joined in March as it says on the left hand under your name< .... so lets take a look at the calender ... hmm March ... then April well thats this month .... you have been a member for just over a month .. and you did not start your tank until after you joined ... so don't be a tool and start lieing for YOUR MISTAKES !!!

and to prove you wrong once again here is your thread about starting your tank ...http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114100&hl=

posted on march 13 ... your tank was not started then and it probably has not even cycled because it is just now reaching over a month of age

Edit: im sorry for being so rude but people are just trying to help you and by bsing stuff and not telling the truth it is only going to lead to your own downfall

no you have not ... and if you did it wouldn't matter because you did not get your liverock until early march

phishy11 Mar 10 2007, 12:55 PM Post #3

dreadhead.

Member No.: 26,647

No,its not set up.

Why would you tell such a blatant lie that is so easy to discover? :rolleyes:

A lie? Why would i lie? I had my tank running befor i got a username on this page.

why are you guys contantly trying to start a fight? i come here for help and this is what i get..being accused of lieing. Thanks.

your welcome ... i think everyone here has been very patient with your incompetence and I have had it ... you don't know what your doing so we have tried to help you and you ignore us ... you lie about your tank when i have just proved it is not 2 months old ... we tell you you have to many snails and you say you don't im not going to try and start a fight with you ... i much rather spend my time talking to a brick wall im sure it would absorb more

Ive read it says to have your tank running for at least 4 week befor adding any livestock..and i have oh sorry maybe ive ben running it for 6 months instead of 8. And its only 1 damsel! Thats what your supost to start with. There suppose to help the cycle.

Okay, now what i have done wrong?

A lie? Why would i lie? I had my tank running befor i got a username on this page.

According to your own posts you did not even have *saltwater* in the tank as of March 12th, you were asking people how much salt to add per gallon. If your tank was setup in Feb with freshwater running around in it, that doesn't really count.

At this point I think you are just saying random things to annoy people, which is beyond childish even for someone of your age. I would not even tolerate your behavior from my 5 year old. :slap:

Ive read it says to have your tank running for at least 4 weeks befor adding any livestock..and i have oh sorry maybe ive ben running it for 6 weeks instead of 8. And its only 1 damsel! Thats what your supost to start with. There suppose to help the cycle.

Okay, now what i have done wrong?

Thats what your supost to start with. There suppose to help the cycle.

that right there ... adding a fish before testing you water parameters ... and by months i think you mean weeks

I would not even tolerate your behavior from my 5 year old.

ownage lmao

Does anyone know another forum cause this is twice that ive had several people complain about what im writing and im sick of it.

Okay, i lied. Yes ive had it running for 6 weeks instead of 8. Sorry.

Archived