inTank Media Baskets

just got fish & CUC

phishy11

lets just hope she doesn't kill anything ... she wasn't doing so great with our advice and now that she isn't here the LFS is going to make a fortune

Im sure it wont make a difference. She wasnt listening to anyone on the forum. <_<

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im sure it wont make a difference. She wasnt listening to anyone on the forum. <_<

Ive told you guys several times to stop saying im not listeing.

-You told me to add 5lbs of cured live rock-i did

-you said get rid of the damsel-i did

-you said get differnt sand-i did

-you said get rid of some of the snails- i did

-you told me to put the cured rock towords the light-i did

Now, please stop telling me im not taking your advice, because cleary i am.

And my snails are still alive, ammonias at zero and the damsel is still swimming.

and we told you to wait and you didn't ... i thought u left and now your back bringin up a now old thread trying to make people angry again .. if your too immature to handle what people on here have to say stop reading their posts

and we told you to wait and you didn't ... i thought u left and now your back bringin up a now old thread trying to make people angry again .. if your too immature to handle what people on here have to say stop reading their posts

I'm dont have to listen to what you people say..and i choose not to for some things.

I wanted to clear up the fact that i have listened.

Glad you stuck around. Now if everybody could shift to my topic and give me some answers we would all be much happier.

But make sure you do EVERYTHING they tell you or else they wont be happy!

And you dont want that to happen..

not to the most important things .. half the time you listen to your lfs and i can tell you that they are wrong ... everyone else has told you the same thing ... i think you should take everything back to your lfs and start a fw tank ... once you have the basics of that down then move onto a nano

hey fhishy. ive been in the saltwater/reef aquarium hobby since i was 15 and am now 30. my most recent mistake was a couple of months ago. It involved buying a medusa worm (an impulse buy since it was fire red) because i listened to my lfs owner who said it was completely reef safe with no problems. 12 hours after i put it in the tank one of my two mated yellow tangs was dead and the other was on the way out. six other fish died and the medusa worm was completely gone (i mean no trace) thank god no corals were harmed. the only fish to survive were a scooter blenny and green clown goby (the cheapest ones of course).

So believe me when i say that you are going to make many mistakes in the process of learning and enjoying this hobby. The best thing you can do is learn from them and make sure you research anything the lfs owners/employees tell you.

not to the most important things .. half the time you listen to your lfs and i can tell you that they are wrong ... everyone else has told you the same thing ... i think you should take everything back to your lfs and start a fw tank ... once you have the basics of that down then move onto a nano

Ive listened to one thing from them and it has done no harm to my tank.

I have had a fw tank. And my sw tank is doing great.

Hey, why are you so mean? Have i done something to you? Cause i dont think i deserve this from you and the rest of you people.

i have told you in several other threads as well as scott reimer and others what to do and you blatantly disregard what we have to say ... that is why people have no patience for you ... including myself ... because you may not realize it now but more than likely your tank is going to have problems and then you are going to blame it on us for not helping you

As i stated befor i am not going to listen to everything you guys say. I have ben researching this for quite awile and what im doing is perfectly fine. If you have such a problem with how im running my tank then stop posting things under my thread cause you are not helping.

Well I'm a kid, I'm 14 and even for me, its pretty easy to figure out like when to just stop talking and accept the fact that you've done something wrong. I'm sure other people have added 15 snails to their tanks but its not like you can't take them back. You don't have to start making excuses by saying they're small snails and stuff. Also, the LFS is usually the worst things on earth to take advice from. Saying 1 snail per gallon is totally wrong on their part and not yours but you should have at least done some research beforehand. If you decide to tell everyone your cycle is finished go ahead. Your fish and snails and such are just gonna die in the end and that'll speak for itself. It's not trying to start a fight if people are just placing down facts about what you've done and if you get accused of lying with proof that you did lie, I would have already just shut up right then. I don't really think if you ask people for another forum to post on. I mean go ahead, post under a new screen name, see if they'll tell you something different. Just because they're from a different forum doesn't mean they'll tell you everything you've done is right. For all you know, maybe some people do want you to go and leave. If you think a dead snail won't affect your tank, I'm not even sure you should keep a betta in a freshwater tank even though they're extremely hardy for heavens sake. Especially in a nano tank, dead animals can cause a tank to crash regardless of how small the animal is if you just leave it to decay.

Anyways, I'm just catching up with everything she's said since the beginning of this thread.

the problem is you have not researched ... and we are telling you the RIGHT info .. im sry for being mean but i hate it when people do the wrong thing like adding a fish too soon ... i work at a lfs and i deal with people who don't know a lot and are starting out and I AM patient with them as i was with you in the other threads ... but your constant mistakes and ignorance have made me angry to say the least ... but i guess you will only learn for experience and making mistakes so i say good luck to you and your tank ... and i mean that sincerely

wow....181 posts of nonsense

and i just read them all...sad

if your tnaks doing fine don't listen, if not than you have been told what to do

Well I'm a kid, I'm 14 and even for me, its pretty easy to figure out like when to just stop talking and accept the fact that you've done something wrong. I'm sure other people have added 15 snails to their tanks but its not like you can't take them back. You don't have to start making excuses by saying they're small snails and stuff. Also, the LFS is usually the worst things on earth to take advice from. Saying 1 snail per gallon is totally wrong on their part and not yours but you should have at least done some research beforehand. If you decide to tell everyone your cycle is finished go ahead. Your fish and snails and such are just gonna die in the end and that'll speak for itself. It's not trying to start a fight if people are just placing down facts about what you've done and if you get accused of lying with proof that you did lie, I would have already just shut up right then. I don't really think if you ask people for another forum to post on. I mean go ahead, post under a new screen name, see if they'll tell you something different. Just because they're from a different forum doesn't mean they'll tell you everything you've done is right. For all you know, maybe some people do want you to go and leave. If you think a dead snail won't affect your tank, I'm not even sure you should keep a betta in a freshwater tank even though they're extremely hardy for heavens sake. Especially in a nano tank, dead animals can cause a tank to crash regardless of how small the animal is if you just leave it to decay.

Anyways, I'm just catching up with everything she's said since the beginning of this thread.

ive taken some of the snails back

your screename really disturbs me :huh:

its a type of shrimp ........ nothing to be scared about

oh, i was picturing a shrimp with a pole and thong :lol:

maybe my mines in the gutter..lol

oh, i was picturing a shrimp with a pole and thong :lol:

maybe my mines in the gutter..lol

btw:im adding some more cured rock over the weekend and throwing out some of the uncured crap.

Theres no point if you throw up rock that was uncured when you bought it and if its been in your tank. It's probably been curing all this time and if you add rock again, that means another cycle.

i wouldnt throw out any of the rock it will all become live after a bit and more is better. u started with base rock not uncured rock. then u added 5lbs of cured rock. and if u add more cured rock it can cause a cycle. to be safe put the new rock in a bucket with saltwater and a power head then test the water after 4-5 hours.

i dident get anymore cured rock. i guess i wont then and just keep what i have. theres white stuff on my rock that i see after the snails clean up..could it be coraline?

i dont its hard to say without a picture...

But can coraline be white?

i dident get anymore cured rock. i guess i wont then and just keep what i have. theres white stuff on my rock that i see after the snails clean up..could it be coraline?

i dont its hard to say without a picture...

But can coraline be white?

Dude: if i think im right im gona say it ..lol

Archived