Innovative Marine Aquariums

just got fish & CUC

phishy11

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beachsidejuj

Yeah I say go through the posts and look at the "stone" throwers.....and let me tell you something...I am THE person who told her to go and get a CUC....and truly if a damn snails dies...I am NOT going to shed one tear....you all need ro get busy with life..and NOT take it so personel when someone DARES to do what you told them NOT to do....

post-26647-1177030396_thumb.jpgpost-26647-1177030271_thumb.jpgpost-26647-1177030217_thumb.jpg

I'd really like to add more cured rock..as you can see the uncured is crap.

Cool rock fishy... Just make sure it's all stable.. some of those small pieces can shift and fall. You might want to glue some of those pieces together. It could come down and crush something or worse crack your tank.

Scott Riemer
Yeah I say go through the posts and look at the "stone" throwers.....and let me tell you something...I am THE person who told her to go and get a CUC....and truly if a damn snails dies...I am NOT going to shed one tear....you all need ro get busy with life..and NOT take it so personel when someone DARES to do what you told them NOT to do....

Then why don't you mentor phishy via e-mail. Why ask questions here? We don't know enough to be of any assistance. FACT IS phishy never saw any trace of ammonia or nitrite and it's obvious her rock, which by her own words, is at least 75% uncured, does not have much life to die-off to have a strong cycle. That's why she was cautioned to either wait and let the bacteria colonize the rock, or force a cycle with cocktail shrimp. If that's bad advice, then please, educate me how it was good advice to tell her to stock anything.

Cool rock fishy... Just make sure it's all stable.. some of those small pieces can shift and fall. You might want to glue some of those pieces together. It could come down and crush something or worse crack your tank.

Thanks. You think i should get a little more cured rock? Or just let it be for now..?

Thanks. You think i should get a little more cured rock? Or just let it be for now..?

All honesty... I wouldn't add ANYTHING else to that tank for a while. (Weeks, Month) Let it do it's thing and see what happens.

Once your cycle completed - did you do a water change? How much? and are you doing them weekly now?

All honesty... I wouldn't add ANYTHING else to that tank for a while. (Weeks, Month) Let it do it's thing and see what happens.

Once your cycle completed - did you do a water change? How much? and are you doing them weekly now?

2 days ago i did about a 10% water change.

I should be doing 20% right?

Everyweek?

Everyweek?

That all depends on your test readings.

Everyweek?

Well... my first water change after my cycle was larger and now I do weekly at 10%.

My concern is that your rock does look very clean and that you may have not had much of a cycle and it may take some time before the good bacteria builds in your tank. If you purchase more live rock and added it to your tank - if it's a good piece with a lot of life on, it your tank my cycle again.

But these guys might have more input then I do.

The way I see what's done is done... you've made the choices you have made and it's going to be difficult for anyone to give you great advise... because no one really knows where you are with your tank / cycle and how any changes you make now could affect your tank.

Are you still testing often... can you post your current peramiters?

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

If all you have in the tank is snails, I really don't think you need to do a water change every week. Maybe every two or three weeks for now. When you start adding fish and coral, that is when you get religious about doing it once a week.

If all you have in the tank is snails, I really don't think you need to do a water change every week. Maybe every two or three weeks for now. When you start adding fish and coral, that is when you get religious about doing it once a week.

She has a damsel

No, Phishy said she got rid of the damsels.

Yeah if you were reading. :lol:

i guess i was not really reading.

beachsidejuj

you know I haven't been able to find a liquid ph test...I have seen the ones they have that you put on the side of the tank..anyone have those?

Archived