ReefCleaners.org

How not to DIY

wav3form

The shower curtain is a nice touch. It covers up the sump and I think sucks the whole hillbilly look right out of it. Gives it a touch of class.

I think this might be the guy who lived in my current house before me.

I was just going to comment on the shower curtain. It just gets better and better. :lol:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coachfraley

What is that line from Spinal Tap, "there's a fine line between genius and stupid"???

Either this guy is THE ULTIMATE joker and he is f@#$ing with everybody...or he has serious mental issues. I mean come on, a shower curtain...I almost ####ed myself. The plumbing is straight out of the Winchester mansion.

I hope he fills the thing up and puts a clown goby in it...just a clown goby.

Let's all pray he keeps posting!

mascencerro
Did Tim Allen and Red Green have a kid?

*More* light and Duct Tape!

quando omni flunkus moritati

It's the greatest thread ever.

But I'm a little torn on whether it's all a setup. The fact that he doesn't respond to people saying "you're insane, what the hell are you doing"... just keeps posting more pics... makes me think setup. If I posted my tank and someone told me I sucked as a hobbyist, I'd probably respond.

But then, who would build something like that just to have a laugh on the internet? It boggles the mind.

I for one don't wanna make fun of him, not if he's serious with this thing. At least not TO him. His heart's in the right place. Building it all from scratch, soup to nuts... takes passion. Which we all have too, to be in this hobby. Sure, it's a little (or a lot) irresponsible to do stuff like tie hot light fixtures to meltable plastic chains over a body of water, or to get Doctor Who in to build you what is apparently a Positronic Matrix in the stand.

But it'll all work out. Either Darwin will make sure of that, or he'll fix the problems... just because he's so into it that he'll notice them. Through massive trial and error.

Kinda reminds me of this:

It takes awhile, and it's not the most efficient way to do it, but in the end you have noodles :D

neanderthalman
I think it will be a gas generator converted to propane.

More likely it'll be a homebrew generator built from a scavenged truck engine and a DC inverter from walmart.

coachfraley

I think he must have failed the water-test, why else would he have gone so long without posting any pics with water in the tank! The question is, what the heck is he going to do with all that junk if it can't hold the water? What a mess.

More likely it'll be a homebrew generator built from a scavenged truck engine and a DC inverter from walmart.

Wow...

Well, now I don't feel so bad about my coke bottle skimmer. Compared to that thing the skimmer looks like it was made by MIT grads.

come on guys he is a human being, he's got feelings to.

just kidding, this is the ugliest tank ever!

ha ha ha ha

its realy bad.

i dont think it looks that bad.. god know i mad some ugly diy pvc overflows before

i give the man 2 thumbs up..............................................................................

I'm waiting for the built in diesel generator to be installed in the cabinet......

do you think he might use it to power a airpump to make pretty bubbles, or a chiller?

i use one of these for my chiller...

fan.jpg

I bet you could literally spend an entire day surfing the net on this build, I stumbled through quite a few forums with threads just like this one, this guy has the entire online reefing world on their toes. One forum even has a link to this thread and pokes fun at our senses of humor, others are more critically hateful. He's even found his way to some of the different threads and still maintains the same odd composure.

I bet you could literally spend an entire day surfing the net on this build, I stumbled through quite a few forums with threads just like this one, this guy has the entire online reefing world on their toes. One forum even has a link to this thread and pokes fun at our senses of humor, others are more critically hateful. He's even found his way to some of the different threads and still maintains the same odd composure.

our Reef club forum had a thread on it but it got deleted because people were arguing about it too much

have you got a link to the thread that linked to this thread to make fun of us? :D
Shame on me for spending 5 minutes hunting it down... the link to us is on page 19 of the RC thread, along with links to some other forums that are joining the fun.
neanderthalman

oh it was the original thread? awesome. I hadn't gone back to check on it in quite a while, I can only handle so much. I see he's...gotten...nowhere.

• 7 months later...

Archived