inTank Media Baskets

How not to DIY

wav3form

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

i actually feel really bad, cuz its pretty sad that you would go that far for your tank.. and yet its even worse to go that far..

but maybe hes pulling a prank on us all..

i mean, im not sure if any1 would seriously make choices like this and not think of it as a mistake ....

but you never know

Yeah but look at the flip side of that. Who would pay that much money just to play a prank on RC (tanks, filters, piping system, yada yada). I think he really didn't know what he was getting into and as he thought of things he needed he just continued to build/add them without doing true research. While indavidually all his ideas/builds "may" have worked he made everything SOOOO complex that he probably had numerous points of failure when he attempted to start everything up. I would guess after spending even more money trying to fix the problem (and probably making his tank even more complex and confusing) he gave up. Hence the reason why he posted for 2 years that he was "going to add water shortly" then suddenly disapeared. He may or may not have appeared on RC under different screen names (b/c there were a few other people that had hairbrained idea's that could have only come from his mind...like the guy that wanted to turn a craftsman wet vac into a filter system...lol). Either way it was a good laugh and some interesting entertainement (probably didn't need to read all 40 pages though...lol). I will miss the updates on frankentank though... :blink:

There is also the possibility that the tank itself became self aware, turned on jgarrison, and and will eventually rise up and destroy humanity....hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
200 posts, bashing very few poor guys... Scary. :unsure:

Tell me about RC manners after that. :blink:

Most of us are here because RC banned us.

:lol:

• 2 years later...

Lordy Lordy I read all 40! (Plus the two extra :D )

I can't believe the RC admins closed that thread, it could have been an internet legend...

Just noticed I bumped a three year old thread, lol, it's a fantastic read though if you haven't seen it before.

DIY: You are doing it wrong....

Thanks so much for this link, this guy takes redneck engineering to a whole new level. I has been in a crappy mood all day and this made me laugh so hard I almost wet myself... :o

That was AWESOME! if only i had the same skills. i would be making lots of money. i guess if you have money to spend you can build whatever you like.

I am starting to feel sorry for this guy... He is probably so excited about building his "project".

He's getting ripped on RC pretty good too as I'm sure you could imagine.

I guess I'm just having a sensitive moment, but I will snap out of it as soon as I see some of the updated pics. ;)

People on RC are just a bunch of smug bastards (not all but like 90%)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived