inTank Media Baskets

How not to DIY

wav3form

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO, he drilled a hole in his sump to put a float valve in but he's using 2 HOB overflows on his display, genius I tell you! Thats seriously going to be the worst looking tank ever. Hasn't he ever heard that simple is better? 90% of the stuff he's done is unnecessary and the 10% of stuff he needs has been done poorly.

masterbuilder

I love it....going to try to do something like that. Think I could use my beer keg cooler as a chiller?

Mark

p.s. Give the guy a break, think how many 100's of hours of thought has gone into it....psychotic thoughts...but none the less, he has given it his best. As they say...beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It almost seems like it HAS to be an April Fools joke. He's building all that stuff, but he's not taking any time to make it look nice. He's going to have all these wires and pumps (not to mention a poorly built stand sitting beside his display) hanging out everywhere. Nobody in their right mind could think that looks good.

Case in point:

DSCF0050.jpg

Theres so much wrong with that picture that I just don't know where to begin.

Scott Riemer

Seriously people, someone needs to report this to Department of Homeland Security. This guy is building a WMD! :wacko:

That pvc structure in the tank looks like a shoe rack. Will he even have room for rock and water???

I am starting to feel sorry for this guy... He is probably so excited about building his "project".

He's getting ripped on RC pretty good too as I'm sure you could imagine.

I guess I'm just having a sensitive moment, but I will snap out of it as soon as I see some of the updated pics. ;)

That pvc structure in the tank looks like a shoe rack. Will he even have room for rock and water???

No, definitely not. That rack is completely useless for mounting rocks on. Theres just not enough room to use one, even a really small one, in a standard 75 gallon tank.

modularduck

is this what happens when a fellow reefer starts doing meth? i guess making things as conveluted as possible is cool if your on RC

Just imagine all the stuff that could fail when he goes on vacation. He clearly has not been doing this long enough to realize that simple is always better in this hobby.

Im still confused as to why he didnt drill the tank and use a calfo style overflow system. Im sure its not temepered and if he was brave enough to drill the sump he could have easily drilled the tank. And is he gona just let those grey hoses hang there for the return? Scary.

omg the best post of the entire thread:

"Okay here goes nothing I just cruised through your post again. I am at a loss for words, and not in a good way. Your canpy could house a small city, Why on earth did you do it so big. You have enough plug ins to light new york . I saw what you had planned on plugging in and I cannot fathom why in the worl you have 40 or so plug ins. You said salt crep crashed your last tank by blowing a circut??? So then you once again put everything right under the tank??? should have made a circut box away from the tank since you decided to use all those plug ins. What in the world are you having so many plug ins for??? You are using a reflective silver as a bakground, Maybe you didnt know but alot of fish hate there own reflection and it will stress them out. I dont know what you are doing, You spent so much time and money, but to me it looks like a toatal waste. A automatic feeder?? come on are you kidding ?? What are you doing ?? I am sorry for this post but I just cant shut up. I am going to vomit now"

Archived