Top Shelf Aquatics

How not to DIY

wav3form

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you put the GFI in front of a bunch of stuff and one trips it they all lose power. He's after redundancy so, it's expensive but in the end safer for the tank. From what Snazzy said it sounds like that may be exactly what happened.

fraggle rockette
:lol:

Does this mean I should re-wire my NC12?

wires.jpg

haha that looks like the patch bay where i work

This thread has had my literally crying with laughter. It was bad enough having to get a tank at work PAT tested, the focus tank on this thread would require permits from the fire brigade, the HSE and possibly the National Grid.

stoney waters
I think we should just turn this into the diy disaster thread.

Here's another gem. Tempered glass + drill = OOPSY!

102_2679.jpg

What company tempers their side panes?

What company tempers their side panes?

That's not tempered. It looks like it would be but this is how tempered really shatters. Scale 3x.

ball1.jpg Little squares.

It looks like you're just shattered from the vibration/stress of the drill.

Gota disagree, to break plate glass like that would take a lot of smashing, maybe that tank looks bigger than it actually is.

Juanhunglo69

I think that the guys parents have way too much money. That is the reason that he is not around to mess with the tank during the week. Mom won't let him go out in the garage. Look at the pics a GSXR in a few of the photos. Didn't see whether it was a 600 750 or a 1000 but at minimum 7900 bucks there. Then the insurance. The insurance for my 1000 costs more than my car and truck combined. In another pic a very new car then a ford lightning and a trike made from what looked like a Harley. That kid is spending all of his allowance. No way an adult planned all of that out. Well maybe he actually did. I do have some stOOOOOOOpid friends. And I could see them doing crap like this. We all have at least one of those special friends.

I think that the guys parents have way too much money. That is the reason that he is not around to mess with the tank during the week. Mom won't let him go out in the garage. Look at the pics a GSXR in a few of the photos. Didn't see whether it was a 600 750 or a 1000 but at minimum 7900 bucks there. Then the insurance. The insurance for my 1000 costs more than my car and truck combined. In another pic a very new car then a ford lightning and a trike made from what looked like a Harley. That kid is spending all of his allowance. No way an adult planned all of that out. Well maybe he actually did. I do have some stOOOOOOOpid friends. And I could see them doing crap like this. We all have at least one of those special friends.

haha i was thinkin that same thing when i saw the gsxr and the truck and chopper trike. Just a kid with too much money and not enough know-how. Explosions are unavoidable.

i admire his electronics skills though. Really funny how that guy rigged up 10.000 or more dollars of equipment, and could not buy himself a stand that matches his tank.

Pinner Reef

Where in god's name do so many stupid people get sooo much money? I ask myself this almost every day and yet here I am pondering the question again.

-pinner

thats ridiculous i mean wtf is that guy thinking... hahahah wow its pretty entertaining but wtf is that guy smoking? i cant stop laughing

Update. The system was plugged in last night!

I guess the entire city blog lost power. :lol:

Update. The system was plugged in last night!

I guess the entire city blog lost power. :lol:

I should have said Block B)

neanderthalman
Where in god's name do so many stupid people get sooo much money? I ask myself this almost every day and yet here I am pondering the question again.

-pinner

Simple case of the Dilbert equation.

Time is money, and knowledge is power - we've all heard these sayings before. Here's that they really mean.

Anyone with a basic high school physics background can tell you, or at least recognize, the following basic relation:

Power = Work / Time

Now, if we substitute in the above statements, we find that:

Knowledge = Work / Money

Considering that money is generally what we're after, we can rearrange the equation to solve for money:

Money = Work / Knowledge

Now, in the limit as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinite, regardless of the amount of work done. This is why stupid people make so much money without doing jack; celebrities, businessmen, consultants, etc.

I hope that kid doesn't get himself killed. I can't even read the entire thread....

Archived