How not to DIY

wav3form

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol these threads quickly passed away my entire 6 hour work day! :D

wait til this guy finds out that silicone doesn't bond well to plastic!!! LOL

Tim

I knew a guy that was for real retarted, I mean clinically retarted. If he ever attempted this I'm sure it wouldn't be very far off from what this man made. Just a disaster waiting to happen.

Only reason I would say yeah looks good keep it up is cause I want to see pictures of the after effects of starting up a monstrosity of a tank and mixing saltwater with electricity. I just want him to video tape it so I can watch this spectacle and replay over and over as the tank glows with majesty one second and floods then zaps him the next. If I saw that happen, I don't know what my brain would do.

Well that guy updated us with some pics but still...i just dont understand what he's doing. He made good and bought a tunze skimmer which shows all hope for him isnt lost but look at this pvc piping.

DSCF0191.jpg

He could have just come off the skimmer box with a 90 angle and union'd it in the middle. Instead its just a restriction mess. /sigh.

I just glanced at this picture again. We all know that his plumbing is pointlessly complex, but what about the freaking flex tube that he plumbed through the front of the stand instead of the side or back? And what is its purpose?! Why would you drill a hole in the very front of a stand for that?

Here's an idea-

What if jgarrison is the ultimate Troll and he's just having us all on? What if all this time and effort (and $) is just for a larf? What if that Tunze is for his real system and he just threw it on there to twist the plot?

Could this guy be the Andy Kaufman of the reef forum world?

masterbuilder

You KNOW this guy has to be working for the government in some form. MY guess is he is the chief engineer for the “big dig” up in Boston, what’s yours?

All I can say is I hope he's better at his job than he is at this. I think I find all the supporters stranger than the author of the thread. I know RC is a real touchy feely no hurt feelings place but some of the posts are really weird.

come on ladies and fellas, you know its just a year long april fools joke. and a expensive one at that. i laughed so hard my glasses went flying and broke against my aquarium...

The Propagator

Yup.

Its prety gay.

I got 5 bones that says the 1st time he fires it up all 6 heaters kick on and he either

A: blows every fuse on the block

Or

B: boils his tank.

:haha:

I could go on and on about flaws in it and all that crap but fellas they are so abuindantly clear to even a novice aquarist that is just inst worth it.

That beerguy tard is banning people for making fun of the guy. He banned me a few times but somehow I keep posting there... hmm.

:ninja:

:lol:

Ive been following this also, Tgreene is in our reef club and has been making fun of him the whole time, I bet this guy started it up and it didnt work but he just wont admit it

Ive been following this also, Tgreene is in our reef club and has been making fun of him the whole time, I bet this guy started it up and it didnt work but he just wont admit it

All that money and time he spent he could have gotten a nice zero edge or oceanic tech setup. More money than brains. Friends don't let friends DIY on meth.

This is hilarious. Don't know how I missed this thread.

Both RC links are just amazing. Same male disease, just opposite ends of the spectrum (total hick, total nerd). Sadly in both cases though, overall the tanks look like crap.

The Propagator
That beerguy tard is banning people for making fun of the guy. He banned me a few times but somehow I keep posting there... hmm.

:ninja:

:lol:

Beerguy is a jackhole is there ever was one.

I swear to God I would probably dunk his head in vat full of dry tonga branch rock rubble and swish it around if we ever met. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Beerguy is a jackhole is there ever was one.

I swear to God I would probably dunk his head in vat full of dry tonga branch rock rubble and swish it around if we ever met. :lol:

Werd. I'd probably punch him in the mouf.

he would have been better off just buying a 75 RR with a corner overflow and megaflow plumbing, putting a completely vertical drain down to a 30L fuge and using a mag 1200 as a return with a tank-length spraybar. slap in about 50 lbs of base rock and 75 lbs of fiji premium with 150 lbs of seaflor special and a 6 bulb t5ho and he'd be in business. as far as electrical, i would have just gotten a good 12 outlet power center with outdoor rated timers and mounted them high on the inside of the stand with an acrylic shield if i was as paranoid about water leakage as he is... all that shouldn't set him back any more than about $2000 if he bargain shops. way better than the diy bull$hit he came up with... can't blame a guy for tryin i guess though :mellow:

The shower curtain is a nice touch. It covers up the sump and I think sucks the whole hillbilly look right out of it. Gives it a touch of class.

I think this might be the guy who lived in my current house before me.

Archived