Innovative Marine Aquariums

How not to DIY

wav3form

creative concepts

Hello,

I'm sorry but I can't help myself:

"They say build it and they will come!" In this case I say "Demolish it and we'll all be happy" :D

Whatever it is Good Luck :huh:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get it... I don't even read a single word in his thread. Pics talk by their selves. He must buy DIY for dummies.

creative concepts

Hey,

A couple of things come to mind.

1) A mind is a terrible think to waste.

2) This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs.

3) The best plans of mice & men often go astray!

There's a million more but I'll keep it short :D

Really i can only feel sorry for this guy because its just painfully obvious his tank will fail. Six heaters, wiring thats gona trip every breaker on his block, stupid plumbing, god knows what aquascaping and a slew of other failures will ultimately add up to a lot of wasted money and probably this hack-job setup ending up on a local craigslist for sale ad.

I just don't understand, if thats his idea of a "fail-safe" setup, I'd HATE to see what his last one looked like.

That thing is a fire and flood hazard all rolled into one. I seriously think I could list 50 different ways that setup could destroy his house.

Holly mother of piping and electrical batman!!!

I hope this guy doesn't do any household repairs!!!

If he does, when he flushes the toilet I bet the tv turns on, the toilet water comes out of the sink, then the oven shorts out.

wow

Someone should go on there and ask him whats going to happen if there's a power outage. Then we can watch him DIY his house to a autostart backup generator.

He's just overparanoid because his last tank was jacked up because a gfci shut off and the tank crashed. Instead of planning a practical setup he's just going to gfci every damn wire connected to the tank so he feels safe.

Holly mother of piping and electrical batman!!!

I hope this guy doesn't do any household repairs!!!

If he does, when he flushes the toilet I bet the tv turns on, the toilet water comes out of the sink, then the oven shorts out.

wow

:haha:

It almost seems like it HAS to be an April Fools joke.

Haha, look at the date stamp on the first post: 09/06/2006 02:01 PM

And as of his post dated 04/03/2007 06:18 PM, he's still working, this build is def not a joke (to him).

I realy want to see what comes of this thing. I'm thinking that once the tank is started up it will escape the laboratory, shack up with a blind man who'll show it some compassion, then flee his company after realizing what a horror it is. Then it'll kill a village girl (by accident) and flee to the arctic where it's creator will track it down and the two of them will die together, finally finding peace, in an avalanche.

FRANKENTANK!

He's just overparanoid because his last tank was jacked up because a gfci shut off and the tank crashed. Instead of planning a practical setup he's just going to gfci every damn wire connected to the tank so he feels safe.

I gota say it's more than that, did you look at the pic of his hood? It didnt have one chain to prevent it from swinging too far when it was opened, it had four. Which means somewhere in this guys head he thinks that there is a reasonable chance that three would have all broken at once and a fourth is necessary. Same thing with six heaters, everyone else thinks he's nuts but somehow he thinks that five could all die at once and a sixth is therefore necessary.

If he had OCD I would expect it to be neater. I'm thinking he's just psychotic, or maybe he works for the government.

Ya the six heater thing is just ridiculous and the part that im really dumbfounded on is some people are actually defending him using six heaters. The blind leading the blind i tell ya..

I fail to see how a GFCI failing in his last tank would cause him to use 423424 of them on this new tank.....doesn't that just increase his likelihood that another GFCI will trip and kill his tank?

Archived