Coral Vue Hydros

MarvinsReef Zoas Dominated Reef....

MarvinsReef

Hey Marvin,

Dropping by to show your tank some love! You have inspired me to keep a zoa, ric and mini nem biocube when I upgrade to a bigger tank. I am slowly building my zoa collection. Looking through your thread, I have come up with a wish list (you'll notice I'm aiming low ;-)

Rastas

Purple Hornets

Hybrid PPE

PPE

Chongbongs

What do the Aog stand for?

Anyway keep on keepin on!

LoLz.. that's quite a list... good luck with your quest... it's been 4 years since I ventured into having a zoas dominated reef... I've owned and seen hundreds of different morphs and it's been really tough trying just to keep 25 or so morphs... AoG stands for Armour of God... thanks for the kudos again and for stopping by... :)

I'm assuming you've used a phoenix 14 k in the past, right? If so, how do you like the radium in comparison? I'm switching the lighting on my 40g from a single 250w mh to dual 150w mh's. I'm seriously considering radiums rather than phoenix 14k's.

Also, if you're interested in any SPS, wanna do some trading? You've got a few thing I'd like.

Hi Glenn... yeah, I've used 14k Phoenix before but for a 250w DE in my 32g... after seeing what a 20k Radium looks like, I haven't tried anything else since I'm very happy with the coloration I'm getting and also decent growth... with the smaller tank, I opted for more colorful corals w/ the bluer spectrum than growth... I'm already trimming my z's and p's every quarter and I don't think I can handle more than that... if you are going to switch to 150w DE, I would recommend T5 supplementation... in my next set up, I will be running 250w SE w/ 20k Radium and 4 T5 bulbs for supplementation... I would run the MH for 6 hours and T5 for 4 hours... I'm gonna be sticking with z's & p's and a few LPS for my set up for now... the only SPS I will have is my 3 years old Superman colony... only coz I know it can handle less pristine water (got used to it with my skimmerless tanks... LoLz)

Aww no credability! :P hehe, nah your tank is awesome, but we all know the livestock trumps the equipment physical tank anyways. ;) Point me to an FTS if you can, I want to see this bad boy in it's full glory! B) Your my new insperation, Marvin!

latest FTS... see, there's sand!!! ;) most colonies have grown more so another trimming needs to be done...

FTS_12-09-08B.jpg

Love the tank tell me if you are ever going to sell some of your zoas.
+1

check the FS threads.. I put a hold on my sale since I'm gonna be doing a frag session this week... :)

this tank is amazing....

it you ever got zoa eating nudis theyd ###### out rainbows....

LoLz... :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your tank is amazing, what type of fish do you have, and where do you find your fs thread what is it called?

fish list includes:

- HI Flame wrasse pair (to be transferred to a bigger tank this summer)

- ORA Grade A Picasso clown

- Helfrich's firefish

I lost my Snowcasso (Picasso w/ a lot more white) a while back so I'm looking to replace him with another one... just waiting for the right one to be available... :)

here they were when they were a happy couple...

12-15-08_Picasso4-400.jpg

12-15-08_Picasso1_300.jpg

12-15-08_Picasso2-300.jpg

excellant as always marvin, the fts looks so sweet! What happened to the snocasso?

A couple more weeks ;)

Thanks bro.. the Snowcasso just stopped eating and couldn't get him to eat anymore... took about a month of not eating before finally giving up... :( probably the most beautiful clown I've seen with it's awesome white coloration...

Ok you got me Marv, one of my fave TANKS here on NR! :P:D And those Snowcassos are awesome!! Are they of ORA origin??

I might have to PM you sometime about tubs as well.

Ok you got me Marv, one of my fave TANKS here on NR! :P:D And those Snowcassos are awesome!! Are they of ORA origin??

I might have to PM you sometime about tubs as well.

Group buy! Lets get those PH's as well so McKoy can stop feeling so cool!

latest FTS... see, there's sand!!! ;) most colonies have grown more so another trimming needs to be done...

FTS_12-09-08B.jpg

what kind of sand? how big are your grain size on the sand? How much flow is going in your tank?

How would you say the radiums compare to the 250w phoenix you had colorwise? Are they as blue? They don't really appear to be in your pics.

I will be running T5's (2x's 24w) with the dual 150's. i've got quite a few T5 bulbs laying around so i should be able to come up with a good combo.

Group buy! Lets get those PH's as well so McKoy can stop feeling so cool!

Seriously, GB is always the way to go! ;) Only thing is we'd have to double up on shipping from either NY or CA... :tears:

Seriously, GB is always the way to go! ;) Only thing is we'd have to double up on shipping from either NY or CA... :tears:

Or we can just send it all the NY......... and I'd keep them all bwaahahaha :wub:

Marvin, where are my PH's and PE's?!

Or we can just send it all the NY......... and I'd keep them all bwaahahaha :wub:

Marvin, where are my PH's and PE's?!

:tears::P

I'm not ready for them yet, I gotta hit up Marv in a few months.

what kind of sand? how big are your grain size on the sand? How much flow is going in your tank?

I forgot what it was but I guess it's the medium size ones... not really fine though... and I do have a Vortech MP40 in there so at least 1000gph.. :)

How would you say the radiums compare to the 250w phoenix you had colorwise? Are they as blue? They don't really appear to be in your pics.

I will be running T5's (2x's 24w) with the dual 150's. i've got quite a few T5 bulbs laying around so i should be able to come up with a good combo.

the 20k Radium is probably bluer than the 14k Phoenix.. I used electronic ballasts on both... the 20k Radium was just the right blue for me... I think if you run the 14k Phoenix, you can go with (2) 22k AquaScience or ATI Blue+ and you'll be close to the 20k Radiums... :)

:tears::P

I'm not ready for them yet, I gotta hit up Marv in a few months.

whenever you're ready... :)

Archived