Cultivated Reef

MarvinsReef Zoas Dominated Reef....

MarvinsReef

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarvinsReef

new addition... Captain America paly... liking it... should be a good compliment to PD's, Nukes, and UnAttainables... :D

20k Radiums

03-04-09_CaptAmerica.jpg

Flash

03-04-09_CaptAmericaFL.jpg

slippy steve

Hey Marvin, how do you like the radiums? I run 20k Ushio and love them, but am willing to trying something different this go around, I have had this bulb for 10 months so I am about due for a new one.

MarvinsReef
Very nice Marv, hope that takes off for you and you get a nice colony.

Thanks man... yeah me too... hopefully in 6 months, I'll have a nice pic to share.... ;)

Hey Marvin, how do you like the radiums? I run 20k Ushio and love them, but am willing to trying something different this go around, I have had this bulb for 10 months so I am about due for a new one.

whenever I get a chance to use a Radium bulb, I will always do it.... I really like how the Radiums look and I've been having decent growth as well.... try it, you'll like 'em.... :)

slippy steve

sweet! I don't supplement actinics and I like the blue of the 20ks. Thanks for the recommendation, I will try this bulb next.

MarvinsReef

finally got this Beaut!!! :D:):D

currently in my 12g JBJ frag tank... lighting is (2) 22k AquaScience; (1) ATI Blue +; (1) Fiji Purple

Enjoy!!!

RSCRainbowBig1a.jpg

RSCRainbowBig2a.jpg

RSCRainbowBig3a.jpg

Flash shot

RSCRainbowBigFL.jpg

m'akoyPINOY

wow!nice addition marv!

i'm liking that chalice!!!damn,i might frag my lil' pink this weekend.hehe

does radium comes in 150w?

MarvinsReef
wow!nice addition marv!

i'm liking that chalice!!!damn,i might frag my lil' pink this weekend.hehe

does radium comes in 150w?

Thanks man... it's my new favorite chalice.... :)

yes, Radium come in 150w DE... that's what I have in the 28g JBJ now... :)

Whoa, that's one sweet chalice!! :o Those are like my current reefing guilty pleasure, lol! I'm trying to grow the watermelon I have out, so I can frag it and spread the wealth. :P

MarvinsReef
Whoa, that's one sweet chalice!! :o Those are like my current reefing guilty pleasure, lol! I'm trying to grow the watermelon I have out, so I can frag it and spread the wealth. :P

Thanks... which WM do you have? is it the Tyree Red or Pink?

It the CA paly less reddish in person? It looks almost black in a way.

red/orange center... if I can keep the color, it'll be awesome to have a nice colony of them... :)

Thanks... which WM do you have? is it the Tyree Red or Pink?

You know I'm not actually sure. The reefer I aquired it from (if you remember PotsyGSXR from on here) told me he didn't think it was linaged, but I'm not really sure if it is or not, and if so where from. If it is, I doubt it's anything exotic from Jada (I think that's it?), but it could be an LE, who really knows lol! Here's a link to the pic of it...

MarvinsReef
WOOWWWWW Marvin, look at that chalice buddy. Nice score. Less than a week Im so stoked.

thanks man... yup... less than a week... ;)

You know I'm not actually sure. The reefer I aquired it from (if you remember PotsyGSXR from on here) told me he didn't think it was linaged, but I'm not really sure if it is or not, and if so where from. If it is, I doubt it's anything exotic from Jada (I think that's it?), but it could be an LE, who really knows lol! Here's a link to the pic of it...

ah I see... no biggie... WM looks sweet... how big is it now? I'll swing over your thread and check out an updated shot... ;)

Awesome chalice and Captain America....two great new additions for sure.

I actually just added a Aqua Science 22k to my T5 setup and love the color. How have you looked it and how long have you been running it? Just wondering how it will do replacing an AquaBlue Special in PAR.

It's... gosh like... well it's completely overtaken the "2x"2 plate it's on. Not huge, but it's not small either. 3-4 mouths currently and still growing of course!! I thought I was almost gonna lose it during my recent move, but while some tissue did receed, it's all growing back nicely thank goodness! I don't have any FTSs since the move however since situating the tanks is still in progress, but it's almost complete. :)

My LFS recently had a massive like almost foot long by "6-7 wide watermelon. Owner of the store said he'd sell it whole for $300, but he was going to chop it up into about "2x"2 pieces and sell for $65 each!! :o

Archived