Innovative Marine Aquariums

Playing with your PPE

mvite

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey---You turd burglars better not turn our thread into a selling forum!!! :rant:

Selling PPE is like shooting fish in a barrel---take it somewhere else Paulie!!!! :)

lol

so those who have been trying this experiment have you seen gains? or have you stressed them out and the polyp size has diminished and growth has halted?

Hey---You turd burglars better not turn our thread into a selling forum!!! :rant:

Selling PPE is like shooting fish in a barrel---take it somewhere else Paulie!!!! :)

yeah Paulie! :lol:

:lol: Sorry Mvite. It was meant as a joke to kombucha, who buys everthing I post. ;)

lol

so those who have been trying this experiment have you seen gains? or have you stressed them out and the polyp size has diminished and growth has halted?

uh...........are you mocking us? I started with 3 polyps, now I have 6. Did you actually read this thread? ;)

He did!!! Plus he's been talking to me every day!!! He's got one of my grandpolyps!!!

Plus I'm just giving you a hard time NP. I just don't want to have the PPE rage sale start.

My polyps are budding like crazy now that they are fragged. It looks like cauliflower or something at the bases. But nothing is opening up yet. I think I stunted mine with the frag thang---but they are encrusting over where they were glued already.

Update

I fragged mine into individual polyps last night as well. I have the whole cauliflower thing going on as well. Sorry for the crappy pic.

100_0838.jpg

uh...........are you mocking us? I started with 3 polyps, now I have 6. Did you actually read this thread? ;)

um yea have you cause I am all over this thread?

and its also a very good question because a lot of people around the forums have been noticing diminshed polyp sizes on heavily fragged zoas

um yea have you cause I am all over this thread?

and its also a very good question because a lot of people around the forums have been noticing diminshed polyp sizes on heavily fragged zoas

I was just messin' with ya! :lol: Actually I have noticed a growth spurt on mine. Dont know what will happen now they are individual polyps.

couple of weeks i am separating my dark sparkles/red wine whatever you want to call them in to separate polyps to see what happens as well.

the new polyps are about the size of a pencil eraser so i would like to give them a bit more time.

MarvinsReef

I plan on breaking this colony up into single polyps.. you think it'll be fun?

PPE_04-05-07P.jpg

:) just kidding :)

last month I had a record breaking growth spurt.. 7-8 babies in one month.. I've been averaging 2-3 polyps per month since July.. can you imagine if they keep having 7-8 babies a month? whew! that'll be awesome.. :D there's about 30 polyps in there, not including the new budding on the back side...

anyway, I'll be joining you guys shortly with my back up frag.. I have about 5 polyps on it.. I need to frag it anyway for a trade so I'll go ahead and separate them into single polyps and watch them for a couple of months and see who beats who..

I commend you guys for doing this experiment.. :)

last month I had a record breaking growth spurt.. 7-8 babies in one month.. I've been averaging 2-3 polyps per month since July.. can you imagine if they keep having 7-8 babies a month? whew! that'll be awesome.. :D there's about 30 polyps in there, not including the new budding on the back side...

anyway, I'll be joining you guys shortly with my back up frag.. I have about 5 polyps on it.. I need to frag it anyway for a trade so I'll go ahead and separate them into single polyps and watch them for a couple of months and see who beats who..

Whoa--very nice!!

I used to have that many....and then a voice in my head said "if you cut them, they will go" and now I have about 8!!! LOL!!!!

Very nice though Marvin--I wonder if the growth is compounded when you have 30 like you do. Do you find that new growth really only occurs around the edges or are new polyps "squishing" themselves in amongst the crowd in the middle?

PPE_04-05-07P.jpg

:o very nice frag you got there!

MarvinsReef
Whoa--very nice!!

I used to have that many....and then a voice in my head said "if you cut them, they will go" and now I have about 8!!! LOL!!!!

Very nice though Marvin--I wonder if the growth is compounded when you have 30 like you do. Do you find that new growth really only occurs around the edges or are new polyps "squishing" themselves in amongst the crowd in the middle?

Thanks mvite...

here's my theory.. and it is applicable to any zoas IMHO... :)

when they are recently fragged, the new polyps you see pop up in a couple of days or weeks is a survival response... now, if you have a lot more polyps like the PPE colony I posted, there's a good chance that you'll see growth spurts on different areas at a time.. see, in the 2nd or 3rd week of March, I was getting worried why there was hardly any new growth on the visible part of the colony (I think I saw one or two babies, which is normal) but little did I know is there was an explosion on the back side (that's where the 6-7 babies came from)...

I'm yet to prove that theory but IME, that's the case... I haven't fragged that colony since I received it on May of 2006... almost a year anniversary.. :)

I'm yet to prove that theory but IME, that's the case... I haven't fragged that colony since I received it on May of 2006... almost a year anniversary.. :)

Dude--you will never sleep again. Your descendants will be returning your PM's for decades to come. :lol:

You think I'm kiddin??? I will get 2 PM's about PPE for sale just by my name showing up under PPE on the main forum page!!!!! Ha ha ha!

Dude--you will never sleep again. Your descendants will be returning your PM's for decades to come. :lol:

You think I'm kiddin??? I will get 2 PM's about PPE for sale just by my name showing up under PPE on the main forum page!!!!! Ha ha ha!

:lol:

Oh your so not alone. I had 3 PM's about mine today. I wish I had thousands of them. :lol:

They are a phenomena---You can ask "Why" and say "they are crazy--blah blah" but people love PPEs!!!

That's why the thread!!!

MarvinsReef

LoLz..

I'll just tell them none available at this time.. and kindly refer them to you... :lol:

I will admit MY PPE are just about my fav peice in my tank. Just love the little buggers.

Oh MVite i have 1 bud splitting and a second bud forming :)

almost to 4

Archived