Pod Your Reef

Playing with your PPE

mvite

ezcompany
The connective tissue between established polyps is being sliced and in some cases V grooved so the coral going in to survival mode and starts pushing out buds.

Something like that.

err, diagram or pics?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just took a razor blade and ran it between two polyps, I went all the way through till I hit the rock. I already have multiple buds on my RPE, I m not ready to do it to my PPE though. I only have 2 polyps.

err, diagram or pics?

Yeah--I have a three dimensional schematic hologram tattoed on my ass. But only my wife gets to see it.

The first page shows pics of how I basically cut them. It's not rocket scientricism. :lol:

Just try not to cut a polyp. I am just slicing through the connective membrane between polyps. I don't get very close to actual polyps except for the itty bitty ones.

Yeah--I have a three dimensional schematic hologram tattoed on my ass. But only ENraged gets to see it.

The first page shows pics of how I basically cut them. It's not rocket scientricism. :lol:

Just try not to cut a polyp. I am just slicing through the connective membrane between polyps. I don't get very close to actual polyps except for the itty bitty ones.

Yup I prefer the V groove idea myself

Oh and thanks Mvite :huh:

Yeah--I have a three dimensional schematic hologram tattoed on my ass. But only my wife gets to see it.

:eek::lol:

SeeDemTails

Looks good Mvite!

I sliced mine and they have healed, now lets see if it turns into a bud.

Any one else every have their PPE skirts change color?

Mine is starting to blend in with the center??!?

Maybe its my Crap PC light?

The bulbs are only a month or 2 old.

• 2 weeks later...

Awright!

I started this thread on 3/11/07 with 5 polyps---and I have 15 today. I don't know if you can call that slow, average or quick. I think it's average.

Well, cuz I can't stop playin with em---I cut three singles frags that were looking to be rogues--like they were away from the rest and easy to frag. I then cut, (sliced and left on the rock), the remaining colonies that were on the original rocks. When I cut the new frags, I used my dremel to slide under the polyps--so I got rock with all of them.

Well see how many will grow now.

suppressive fire

What is it Game!

~~~~~~~~~~

516001qu6.jpg

516003ln4.jpg

purple in middle with pinkish white speckles and yellowish whiteish w/ hint of green skirt :lol:

516008ia7.jpg

PPE in back? its not brown in person

516007tq3.jpg

RPE

516011pp4.jpg

MarvinsReef
Awright!

I started this thread on 3/11/07 with 5 polyps---and I have 15 today. I don't know if you can call that slow, average or quick. I think it's average.

Well, cuz I can't stop playin with em---I cut three singles frags that were looking to be rogues--like they were away from the rest and easy to frag. I then cut, (sliced and left on the rock), the remaining colonies that were on the original rocks. When I cut the new frags, I used my dremel to slide under the polyps--so I got rock with all of them.

Well see how many will grow now.

awesome results man.. :)

awesome results man.. :)

Hey thanks---But the darndest thing just happened yesterday....

This guy came over to buy my sunset monti from ebay---and he wanted the 4 polyp PPE so bad---that I couldn't not sell it to him for what he offered. I miss them---but Mssrs. Franklin, Grant and Jackson are consoling me....

MarvinsReef
Hey thanks---But the darndest thing just happened yesterday....

This guy came over to buy my sunset monti from ebay---and he wanted the 4 polyp PPE so bad---that I couldn't not sell it to him for what he offered. I miss them---but Mssrs. Franklin, Grant and Jackson are consoling me....

wow... yeah, that's quite a deal for the PPE's.. :)

I hear yeah man... I watched and cringe to see 9 PPE polyps just wither away for no reason... I broke my main PPE colony into several mini colonies... :( :( :(

I hope to grow them back to their glory days... atleast I'll have this pic to show that I really had a nice colony... I think they were up to 40+ polyps...

this pic was taken 04-14-07.. they covered the upper end of the rock.. then withered away..

PPE_04-14-07P.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mvite, this guy who came over, he wouldn't be Asian would he? I will post a pic in a couple days, but at 1 polyp I don't think any experiments will be done until some procreation is abound! Great thread, loved all 10 pages!

Mvite, this guy who came over, he wouldn't be Asian would he? I will post a pic in a couple days, but at 1 polyp I don't think any experiments will be done until some procreation is abound! Great thread, loved all 10 pages!

LOL!

Ronnie and Jason wiped me out!!!

So I do own a Mvite LE coral. I knew it, I could feel it!lol. Finally! My new buds are just now coming around from their fiasco. AoG is open and brighter then I imagened. My PP........E is still quite sore..... Still nice and purple, and I can see his little green mouth but the skirt isn't quite right yet, though the green is noticeable. Joe

• 1 month later...

Update:my PPE is showing a large bulge. I think I may be a dad soon. Both with the PPE and AoG. Can't wait to see the new buds! Can anyone tell me why my ppes mouth is only bright green at feeding?

The Propagator
I just wish my PPE's skirts would green up like those.
Indirect halide, or PC.
I notice a lumpy bulge in the PPRPE that I recently acquired...
Pic?

Archived