SaltCritters.com

Playing with your PPE

mvite

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it time, the PPE is a freak some times, like mine often will not close when i pull the rock out of the water, they just kind of shrink down, but are still open and I'm like uhh time to frag guys, lets assume that fetal position that you know all too well.

The frag i just received the other day has been playing peek-ah-boo with me since i put it in the tank!

the smaller of the poylps opens enough to stick it mouth out and the adult just sits there.

I am hoping it does what you are talking about.

Hmmm....has it ever opened since you got it?

Haha, Im really liking this thread for some reason....... wishing I had some PPE's to join in the fun with.... might have to experiment with other zoas instead.

Hmmm....has it ever opened since you got it?

nope not as of 2:00 est. i do see signs of life no slime and all that so i am not worried as of yet.

Let hope tomorrow is the magic day that they decide to come out and show me their splendor

I'm luvin the post. You folks might be interested in my little story with PPEs:

5 PPE polyps for $6.50 Shipped!

I don't have the balls to go cutin'em yet.

Cheers

Welcome! That's an awesome story---good for you---who says there's no such thing as free PPE??? :)

Keep us posted--they all look like fully grown, fat ol' polyps!!!

Mvite you have to stop playing with you PPe and posting about it. whatever_na.gif

Everybuddy does it---if you say you don't, you're just lying... :)

You gots the best smilies in the land. I ain't just jerkin' you around about that either!!

Everybuddy does it---if you say you don't, you're just lying... :)

quiet_trans.gifsigns-dunny.gif

You gots the best smilies in the land. I ain't just jerkin' you around about that either!!

I'll be nice and hook you up. Smilie You have to become a member thought. It's free.

I fragged a few polyps of my PPE from my colony. I have a single polyp on a reef disk. I want to take a razor blade through the mouth but do I cut the whole polyp in half? How fast have yours recovered?

I fragged a few polyps of my PPE from my colony. I have a single polyp on a reef disk. I want to take a razor blade through the mouth but do I cut the whole polyp in half? How fast have yours recovered?

Yikes---cut through the mouth?? I dunno about that! I only scored the membrane between the polyps. I took some crappy pics---and deleted them but I have one or two new heads. I'm not sure if they wouldn't have grown anyway.

I may stick it with a bunch of pins next.

I have to snip a polyp for a buddy that I owe one to--but other than that---I'ma gonna poke the heck out of the membrane in a couple days.

I havent done it yet and now I wont. I think I will let them grow naturally and let you narly experts do the science experiments.

Hmm--I would put it lower.

the second day i have it about mid tank just today i put it closer to the lights.

so far its been on the bottom, mid, and now top.

Ok Im in

Ill refrag to another LR 2 sets of 2 today...

These I have are extremely slow growers, so Ill give it a try.

Izzue

SeeDemTails

Yeah I will post some growth pics of mine too. I am not going to score them, so there a control for ya.

Is this monthly I assume? Or are we gonna wait a while and then compare?

I may stick it with a bunch of pins next.

Mark, you're going to start the next trend - acupuncture for PPEs. If you get good growth rates sticking them with pins people will hire trained acupuncturists for their palys, with weekly therapy sessions for the ones that refuse to 'open up'.

Oh it's gonna happen! Once the new buds sprout more.

I had to travel for work so I drove today to get it outta the way. Otherwise I would post some pics.

I owed a buddy a PPE polyp---so I snatched one off. It was easy because the membrane was already cut and healed away. It looks to have a bud started on it previously.

I see at least 2-3 other small "bubbles"---the areas where they sprout start to look like bulging balloons, all shiny and round. They all aren't coming from where I cut em necessarily.

I had to travel for work so I drove today to get it outta the way. Otherwise I would post some pics.

I owed a buddy a PPE polyp---so I snatched one off. It was easy because the membrane was already cut and healed away. It looks to have a bud started on it previously.

I see at least 2-3 other small "bubbles"---the areas where they sprout start to look like bulging balloons, all shiny and round. They all aren't coming from where I cut em necessarily.

Do you have any pics of your buddys' PPE polyp? ;)

Do you have any pics of your buddys' PPE polyp? ;)

I will take some tomorrow and get em up there, buddy!

I handled them today---and they all have tiny baby bulges --- there are at least 3-5 new buds started. Now that I fragged one---I think I will split the group into 2 or 3 pieces. One of them won't be messed with---we'll call that the "lame" group! :)

I will get to messin and will post some pics soon.

Archived