ReefCleaners.org

Phixion's Finnex 30g glass

Phixion

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOODGODMAN CANYOUPLEASE SCRAPETHE GLASS?

Just for you, never! :D

It's all good Iz, no worries. Just come check it out soon. ;)

enough about the tank.

Hows the new pad? :D glad everything went smoothly! Sorry we couldn't make it though. I had to cancel my SF trip to meet a deadline. Damn clients!

nanotrigger

Phixion

where do you get your water? I"m getting my water at superpets on las tunas. they seem to have pretty good water.

Phixion

where do you get your water? I"m getting my water at superpets on las tunas. they seem to have pretty good water.

I have a RO/DI system, so I get the water myself you could say, SOOO much easier than lugging it around from an LFS and PAYING for it (my apartment pays the water bill :happy: ). I re-setup my tank using Red Sea's new Coral Pro salt, I was using Tropic Marin before. After seen how various LFS (not necessarily around us) water tests out TDS wise, I don't really trust it. Before I had a RO/DI system though, I would buy RO/DI water from PTF. I just passed the Superpets the other day though, I live right around the corner from it now. How's that place, sounds like a PetCo/PetSmart knock off to me... There's also some "Pet Emporium" on Las Tunas (or maybe it's Main where I saw it) about a mile or two west from Superpets... I don't think I'd trust Jan's on Rosemead and Broadway though, they keep tangs in 12 and 24g cubes on display, totally not right.

enough about the tank.

Hows the new pad? :D glad everything went smoothly! Sorry we couldn't make it though. I had to cancel my SF trip to meet a deadline. Damn clients!

Damn, miss SF? That blows! :(

So yeah, the new pad is noice!! MUCH roomier than the old place. I've had to replace a few things (a couple electric outlets for example) but otherwise it's not too shabby. You'll definitely have to roll through one of these days. I'm off Del Mar av. in San Gabriel now.

Thats not that far from my place actually.

Yah sucks about sf. We're going to go this weekend, regardless of what happens. Just for 24 hours. :\

I have a RO/DI system, so I get the water myself you could say, SOOO much easier than lugging it around from an LFS and PAYING for it (my apartment pays the water bill :happy: ). I re-setup my tank using Red Sea's new Coral Pro salt, I was using Tropic Marin before. After seen how various LFS (not necessarily around us) water tests out TDS wise, I don't really trust it. Before I had a RO/DI system though, I would buy RO/DI water from PTF. I just passed the Superpets the other day though, I live right around the corner from it now. How's that place, sounds like a PetCo/PetSmart knock off to me... There's also some "Pet Emporium" on Las Tunas (or maybe it's Main where I saw it) about a mile or two west from Superpets... I don't think I'd trust Jan's on Rosemead and Broadway though, they keep tangs in 12 and 24g cubes on display, totally not right.

Damn, miss SF? That blows! :(

So yeah, the new pad is noice!! MUCH roomier than the old place. I've had to replace a few things (a couple electric outlets for example) but otherwise it's not too shabby. You'll definitely have to roll through one of these days. I'm off Del Mar av. in San Gabriel now.

Why did you switch from Tropic Marin? Were you having issues with it?

No new pics yet, still gotta set up my computer tonight, but the DSL appears to be on at least according to the modem...

Anywho I started restocking the tank last night, and most of the containers the stuff was in STANK horribly. i guess not too differant than when you ship corals. I so far added my more prized pieces, my 2 clams, my candy canes, some zoas/palys... Tonight is the rics and pretty much everything else. I made up a small bucket of water to put a heater in so I have a "warming bath" to float the rest of the stuff in when I get home tonight, to put it all in the tank.

I also added some Chemi-Pure for good measure. My skimmer has been working perfectly, getting a nice heavy dry'ish skim ever since I got the tank back working the night before last. But I figure since the corals are all pretty stressed from sitting in containers for 2 nights (cold at night here too lately) then the Chemi-Pure certainly wouldn't hurt. On that note, correct me if I'm worng, but that stuff seems like a glorified sack of carbon to me... =/ it's ok though as long as it gets the tank cleaned up!

fraggle rockette

omg everyone lives so close now!!! :D

glad you got moved okay- i should've brought u the container earlier in the week- once the fam got here it was 24/7 craziness... sigh. sorry bout that. anywho, i'm pretty sure chemi-pur is a glorified sack of carbon- generally i just buy the drawstring carbon bags and the big bags and refill. :happy: lmk if you need any more help now that i'm finally free, but i doubt you do. eh. i can always come steal RO/DI. :ninja: muhaha.

Yeah, you never called me back, what kind of friend is that? :P j/k lol!! It's ok, no worries it all worked out in the end, and I was SOOO frustrated it was like the worst weekend ever to move the tank. Not at you or anyone else, but at my g/f for scheduling stuff on saturday instead of sunday, when more people would have been available, then her asking about the "tons" of people that were gonna help out. I had to remind her I had tons to ask, but that I doubt most would be available which I knew would be the case, I felt bad to burden anyone with moving work on that day. =/

Of note, because of the tank's current location in the new apartment, the chiller has only kicked on ONCE since I've had the tank set up now for about almost 48 hours it's been. At least I won't need to run it too often. B) And I haven't even hooked the fan back up to the tank either that I was using the past couple weeks, lol!

No need to steal RO/DI, you can have some on the house. ;)

Ugh, now I gotta move my AP12 to the new place, lol! At least it's all empty except for like about 10lbs. of L/S still in it. I really need to clean it up and sell it.

I'm a horrible reefer! :( I mean bad bad bad!

I was finally able to get ALL of my containers of frags into the tank (some I had put in a couple days ago) but I'm really upset that I lost at least half of what I had before the move. Containers of death (dead/melted corals) is a smell sooo terrible and horrid, that I can still taste it in the back of my throat, literally! I dipped everything I could last night both in BiFuran+ and Reef Dip, a few things like my beautiful blue colony I dipped in Tech-D for good measure, it was showing signs of infection and just over all didn't look so hot. :( My clams that I put back into the tank on tuesday, well their guts basically fell out of the shells when I picked them up to dip them. I'm very sad that my "community" clam is no longer. My clown's host torch along with my 2 hammers and frogspawn, all gone! Most things (especially my ric collection and mushies) all melted away into rancid brown glops of zooanthellae. My kitchen currently still reeks of coral death. I'm just at a loss for words at this point. I can see why a crash would make a reefer want to leave the hobby. But I didn't have a crash, just bad planning on the move (not enough time to get done what I needed to in a day). Now finally my g/f realizes how important gatting the tank move done in ONE day really was. Oh well, can't change the past. =/ So that's where my tank stands right now. Empty and lifeless except for my clown that's swimming around eraticly looking for it's home. My dusky is still doing good though too, going at it making it's new burrow hour by hour.

How long was the livestock sitting in bags?

I have some frags for when you restart, but you better ditch the all in one. It's cursed. I'll build you something sweet.

How long was the livestock sitting in bags?

I have some frags for when you restart, but you better ditch the all in one. It's cursed. I'll build you something sweet.

lol, I don't blame the all in one. ;) I just blame my dumba$$. :( But much of it was sitting for 3-4 days... =/ Yes very bad I know, but the general move (and the g/f) kinda prevented me from working on it much. I got the fish in right away and the clams a day later, but I guess it was too late. :(

!@#!??!

Dood I just got the news from Legacy. Sorry man.

I haven't been in contact with you (everyone) for a little while, big changes keeping me super occupied (and stressed). All of my leftover frags will go to you to help your tank recoup dude. I still got the clam for you, and a few other goodies. Don't worry man, you'll find nice coral deals more than you've imagined. Maeda knows, after bad reef stuff happens, much better follows.

My motor is toast :/

What?!? No way, how, what? Apex seals?? :(

I hear you on the coral stuff. I never imagined how seriously generous the hobby is when bad goes down. I was pretty upset when the clams literally fell out of their shells right in my hands. :tears: I'm really looking forward to building the tank back up though, hopefully to better than before!! The skimmer is definitely working O/T and I have it running 24/7 right now since I set the tank back up. I'm sadly tossing out the blue zoa colony, it's not going to make it.

What?!? No way, how, what? Apex seals?? :(

I hear you on the coral stuff. I never imagined how seriously generous the hobby is when bad goes down. I was pretty upset when the clams literally fell out of their shells right in my hands. :tears: I'm really looking forward to building the tank back up though, hopefully to better than before!! The skimmer is definitely working O/T and I have it running 24/7 right now since I set the tank back up. I'm sadly tossing out the blue zoa colony, it's not going to make it.

the clam is gone? o m g

better control over the woman Matt, i think my stupid lady finally understands that when the tank is in critical condition, her shopping needs are effin out of the question

sorry to hear about your loss...if you place them in buckets you always have to place them with aerated water, hob with carbon and poly, and a heater. did you do that? oh and you're not supposed to dip clams, only as a last resort...

the clam is gone? o m g

better control over the woman Matt, i think my stupid lady finally understands that when the tank is in critical condition, her shopping needs are effin out of the question

sorry to hear about your loss...if you place them in buckets you always have to place them with aerated water, hob with carbon and poly, and a heater. did you do that? oh and you're not supposed to dip clams, only as a last resort...

I honestly didn't know how or what I was going to dip the clams into, probably just some FW because i dunno how they would do in Reef Dip...

The rest of the livestock was all split between like 3 dozen Gladware containers of various sizes... I only anticipated the stuff being sealed up for ONE night max, less than 24 hours... That turned into 72 hours real quick though. :(

Oh, and same here on the shopping!! Though we dumped $210 last night at Ruth's Chris steakhouse, doh!! :slap:

fraggle rockette
geez what the heck is going on with socal tanks!!!

ez ,you, and joe......hope its not contagious......

all of the sudden i'm having problems too... i have a plate necroing its new growth, and lost a shrimp and goby within a day of each other. tested all params, everything normal, temps unusually stable, maybe not dosing enough on my end? i think maybe socal is in the clear, but... we'll see. damn those santa ana winds! lol.

lol, I don't blame the all in one. ;) I just blame my dumba$$. :( But much of it was sitting for 3-4 days... =/ Yes very bad I know, but the general move (and the g/f) kinda prevented me from working on it much. I got the fish in right away and the clams a day later, but I guess it was too late. :(

i would smack my gf (or in my case bf) upside the head if that happened. he wasn't allowed to even call me when i did the tank move from 12 to 24g unless it was to come over and help. but like you said, can't change the past- sorry to hear about your loss tho man. i shouldve been there to help :(. i'm good at keeping other girls mouths shut and it would've gotten done in a day- lol. sorry. but my frags will be waiting for your tank when it's ready again- not the most rare stuff, but it'll help until more comes in i think. socal love! :grouphug:

OMG seriously what is going on I haven't been on here for a min and everyones tank is crashing !!!

Matt ygpm

Thank you Veronica and Kerry! B) Suddenly dropping exorberant amounts of $$$ on new stuff isn't a problem like it was before the move. I think she realized just how much it affected me when she saw the clams de-shell in my hands in front of both of our eyes. :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your tank V.

Welp to update on my tank, I tossed out all but 2 frags of my zoas this weekend. The othere either never opened, wilted away or got covered in fungus. So my survivor list as it stands is my 2 fish (clown and dusky jawfish), my 2 hermits that were left (a zebra and a blue leg), my 2 candy canes, and 2 zoa frags as well as a button polyp covered rock. So my tank is rather bare right now. On saturday morning I made a trip over to PTF and dropped about $110 on a nice zoa colony (pics to be posted soon), a rock with a couple beautiful orange, white and green Florida rics on it, and a nice electric blue leg hermit. Atwater was also generous enough to furnish me with a frag each of a torch and frogspawn, to which my clown now took up to hosting the FS. :) So slowly but surely my tank is getting back up on it's feet...

fraggle rockette

good to hear matt. something is still going on in my tank- i'm gonna do a water change today i think. i lost a feather duster last nite (slime everywhere- turkey bastered for half an hour) and am definately gonna lose my pink cap frag- there's only a sliver left, the tissue is just dying too fast to save. agh. i also had the stock AP pump die. (luckily i have 2 pumps running so there's still turnover, just not enough.) i haven't pulled it out, but i'm hoping something is just stuck or something... bah. what is going on in socal these days? :(

Archived