Innovative Marine Aquariums

Phixion's Finnex 30g glass

Phixion

haha, no worries. They are both Japanese J-pop singers that are both talented and hot! ;)

FTS I'm working on, I need to find something to block the pump chamber intake holes at the bottom with, it sucked in a bit more sand overnight stopping my hydor and "snowing" the sand all over everything again. Damn jawfish!! :ninja:

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha, no worries. They are both Japanese J-pop singers that are both talented and hot! ;)

FTS I'm working on, I need to find something to block the pump chamber intake holes at the bottom with, it sucked in a bit more sand overnight stopping my hydor and "snowing" the sand all over everything again. Damn jawfish!! :ninja:

wat are you talking about...Hyori is KOREAN with a K!!!!

wat are you talking about...Hyori is KOREAN with a K!!!!

My bad, I had herd of her but thought she was japanese for some reason. Ok, so Hyori is a K-pop singer. ;)

In any event, back to the tank my Ca has dropped off, only slightly though. In testing it last night, it was around 580ppm according to my API Ca test kit. Why on earth is it not depleating down faster?? I stopped dosing the B-Ionic about a week ago now it's been. I guess patience and time is the key here. Everything is doing fine though. Hopefully an FTS tonight. ;)

In any event, back to the tank my Ca has dropped off, only slightly though. In testing it last night, it was around 580ppm according to my API Ca test kit. Why on earth is it not depleating down faster?? I stopped dosing the B-Ionic about a week ago now it's been. I guess patience and time is the key here. Everything is doing fine though. Hopefully an FTS tonight. ;)

i think you should try a salifert. i don't know why u would skimp on test kits, its probably one of the most important things you do for your tank.

i think you should try a salifert. i don't know why u would skimp on test kits, its probably one of the most important things you do for your tank.

I know, I know... I have 2 kits though and both are reading similar, so I know it's not the kit that's bad... I almost picked up a Salifert Ca kit a while back, but decided against it since i didn't have a reason for it then. I do have a Salifert ALK kit though however. Any locals have a Pinpoint Ca tester they can bring over? :P

So what would cause the high Ca, Jin, other than over dosing the B-Ionic. And why even after a week and a 15% W/C would the level not drop down very much??

I know, I know... I have 2 kits though and both are reading similar, so I know it's not the kit that's bad... I almost picked up a Salifert Ca kit a while back, but decided against it since i didn't have a reason for it then. I do have a Salifert ALK kit though however. Any locals have a Pinpoint Ca tester they can bring over? :P

So what would cause the high Ca, Jin, other than over dosing the B-Ionic. And why even after a week and a 15% W/C would the level not drop down very much??

i think its your salt mix and faulty test kits :P

i think its your salt mix and faulty test kits :P

Not the salt, I use pure RO/DI and Tropic Marin, just like you use. ;) Test kits, not that's a different ball park, I'm getting on a Salifert kit real quickly here.

Just an update. Jawfish continuing to make a sand pile next to the lower sump chamber in take holes, so I cut up a CD case and put the plastic in front of the holes to block it off, problem solved and no more snowing sand! :P In the process though, I had to move a rock away from the wall to fit the plastic piece behind, and some of my rockwork collapsed, needless to say I had to moderately rescape, and not by choice. I seem to have more placement room though for frags, so that's a good thing! Also hooked my actinics up to a seperate timer I got for them (it's an analog heavy duty indoor/outdoor timer) and then temporarily hooked up one of my R2 lunar LED's until I find a more permenant place for it, I'd like to mount it inside of the light fixture... That LED is SUPER duper bright, OMG I just about blinded myself adjusting the angle of it, lol!

Also... Coming home to an 83.2 degree tank was too fun to see (livestock is unaffected) so I decided to hook up my JBJ Arctica Nano 1/20th chiller. I had '10 feet of "1/2 I.D. tubing waiting along with an MJ1200 pump for when I hook it up. Setup is very easy, and for the meantime I placed the MJ1200 in the display area on the glass, again until I can find a permenant location for it, probably in the skimmer chamber. The chiller return I have going to the pump chamber. This chiller is great so far, and the MJ1200 was a good choice for the chiller I think too. When I set it up, tank was at 83.2F (yes, still at night after lights off) and I set the thermostat to 80F. Within 10 minutes of the chiller being on the temp was down to 82.8. And then 15-20 minutes later it was down to 81.5F. This thing cools FAST for being the smallest chiller available, not to mention it's really meant for tanks up to 25g, and mine is 30g... When I woke up this morning, the tank was at 80.8F and the chiller was off. Of note, I set the thermostat to 81 when I went to bed not knowing how well it'll cool my tank and not wanting it to cool down too much or have too much of a spread from 83F.

Finally the long awaited FTS. :P And yes, I know the pump and plumbing in view in the display area look fugly, lol!

finnex6.jpg

The clam is a good "4 or so. It's about 3-4 years old from what the original ownder told me (it's the So. Cali community clam). :lol:

Wow you went crazy on corals lol , I still see you need those snails !. don’t let the algae get out of hand you will regret it .

If you want that 606 still LMK

Wow you went crazy on corals lol , I still see you need those snails !. don’t let the algae get out of hand you will regret it .

If you want that 606 still LMK

haha, yeah just a little bit... ;) Actually the floor is just cluttered is all, but I'm working on that. Yup, I still need some more snails and hermits. YES, I'm definitely still interested in the MJ606. PM me about it if it's still available! :)

• 2 weeks later...
how are the rainbows doing?

Dead, done! :( I knew I should have fragged them at the last N-R frag meet when I brought them there with me... *sigh*

=\ sorry to hear that. im sure you'll find more nice looking zoos later on.

For sure! I mean I can't be too bummed, it's the inherant risk we take trying to tame the wild, right?

anything new with the tank matt?

Nope, nothing new recently. I've put my funds on lockdown for at least a couple months, since we're looking for a house to rent around the area right now. Actually one thing new but I didn't buy it, cyanno bacteria... :(

anything new with the tank matt?

Nope, nothing new recently. I've put my funds on lockdown for at least a couple months, since we're looking for a house to rent around the area right now. Actually one thing new but I didn't buy it, cyanno bacteria... :(

Archived