Top Shelf Aquatics

Phixion's Finnex 30g glass

Phixion

Still sticking to the all-in-ones eh matt?

Looking pretty good though.

haha, yeah. I don't consider it the same as the all-in-one cubes though. this one is totally functional, comes with a built-in fuge in the back and it's just a 1000 times better than an AP, NC or even BC tank. it's pretty much how I'd have had a custom tank made anyways. It comes with good quality components and everything (main pump, lighting and skimmer) are completely adaquate for what I want out of my tank.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha, yeah. I don't consider it the same as the all-in-one cubes though. this one is totally functional, comes with a built-in fuge in the back and it's just a 1000 times better than an AP, NC or even BC tank. it's pretty much how I'd have had a custom tank made anyways. It comes with good quality components and everything (main pump, lighting and skimmer) are completely adaquate for what I want out of my tank.

It is a very sexy tank. Not as good as my contest tank, but its nice. ;)

It is a very sexy tank. Not as good as my contest tank, but its nice. ;)

Rub it in Iz! omgomgomg haha

On an unrelated note that I forgot to mention about, late last week one evening i found a porcelin crab that was a hitchhiker in my new L/R. The shell was about dime sized, and I know it was a porcelin since it had 6 and not 8 legs. needless to say, when I found it, it was belly up and dead. Wasn't around long enough for me to enjoy it. :( Of course I promptly removed it.

i always thought that when acclimating clams to the aquarium you start them at the botom and work them up to the top to get them accustomed to the light, at least thats what clams direct told me when i bought a crocea from them

i always thought that when acclimating clams to the aquarium you start them at the botom and work them up to the top to get them accustomed to the light, at least thats what clams direct told me when i bought a crocea from them

The one I bought was always under 150w MH at minimum, so my 96w T5Ho setup wasn't going to hurt it. But in my case since shipping wasn't a factor nor times of no light, it was fine to put it up top where it's currently thriving.

ahhh i see, sorry i didnt mean for it to seem as i was saying you were wrong but i did not know that you purchased yours locally

No worries, just wanted to let you (or others reading) know that I got it locally, so my acclimation for it was different than might have otherwise been. ;) I got the clam from EXcompany who got it from Floorlord who was the original owner. This clam has gotten itself around LA and the O/C here in So. Cali. :P

No worries, just wanted to let you (or others reading) know that I got it locally, so my acclimation for it was different than might have otherwise been. ;) I got the clam from EXcompany who got it from Floorlord who was the original owner. This clam has gotten itself around LA and the O/C here in So. Cali. :P

And what was I?

THE TRANSPORTER

:D

We want pix dammit!

I'm lagging on new pics. :( Hey Andrew, when my power went back on yesterday (it went out for about a half hour just after I left for work) the skimmer bubbles were at a lower level, like just above the bottom of the cup. The skimmate seems to collect a little faster and be more liquidy, is that supposed to happen? Doesn't lower bubble level mean a drier skimmate? I need you to come over and pimp my skimmer, haha! Then we can cruise up 39 in the FD, I'll buy gas lol. ;)

Bah, ok no new pics yet... I topped off the tank with water, but I think filled it TOO much, water was dripping from one of the corners of the top framing. Not like dripping, but a drop would take about 10 minutes to accumulate then drop. I wiped it off and put some tape over it for the meantime, so far so good. Problem will be solved in a day or two when some water evaporates.

Also I just found a large (well a bit larger than the first one) porcelin crab moving about in the rockwork tonight. It's ugly and nasty looking, and i can't believe I had my fingers around where I'm seeing it now, earlier in the evening. Are porcelins coral eaters? A hammer frag of mine near where the crab is at right now, is moved a little bit and I want to make syre the crab isn't going to eat it... And if Paul is reading this, it's NOT the hammer frag I got from you the other night. ;) Also in other news, my sea hare is now MIA for about 24 hours... =/ I have lost it for about a day before already when it's in the middle of the rock work. I've also discovered about a dozen bristle worms in the sand and on the rocks, none longer than "2 though so I'm not worried.

Porcelin crabs are deffinatly not coral eaters; they actually are filter feeders and use little "baskets" on their mouthparts to sift out food from the water colomn. Are you sure that it is a porcelin crab? IMO they are the best looking crab around (except for pom poms). By the way, your tank is beautiful. I also have a finex 30 and a thread going for it. Your corcea is better looking than mine...

<- Thats my porcelin over there

Porcelin crabs are deffinatly not coral eaters; they actually are filter feeders and use little "baskets" on their mouthparts to sift out food from the water colomn. Are you sure that it is a porcelin crab? IMO they are the best looking crab around (except for pom poms). By the way, your tank is beautiful. I also have a finex 30 and a thread going for it. Your corcea is better looking than mine...

<- Thats my porcelin over there

I'll check it out!! B)

Actually I'm not sure it's a porcelin after looking at your pic... The pincers are a dark blood red color as is the top shell... the legs and under body are a brown detrius color. The pincers are equal sized, so it's not a fiddler crab. This thing is mean and ugly looking though, but I never saw it touching any corals. I have some pics of it I got last night, so I'll post them up later for ID. I also last night, spotted a rather large bristle worm I hadn't seen yet before. it's at least "4 long I'd say, and frankly looks scary. If one night I can, I'd like to snag it up and toss it in the fuge in the back. I don't want it getting too big in the tank.

I'd prefer NOT to spike my params up... =/ That crab scares me, lol! :ninja:

dude, you have 30 gallons and a skimmer. even if you lost two fish at the same time you won't notice a thing.

dude, you have 30 gallons and a skimmer. even if you lost two fish at the same time you won't notice a thing.

lol, good points Jin. Are those really that big of a buffer to cover up any death? Perhaps why my tank never spiked when my Fridmani died last week, then again i wasn't running the skimmer yet then... :huh:

In sad news, I found my poor sea hare belly up (literally) on the sand when I got home from work. Looks like it died itself, nothing was eating at it or on it. :(

I also started a new thread on a couple weird creatures I found in the past few days, well one is the crab I mentioned about, I got a decent pic of it. Thread on needing ID's for those is here.

lol, good points Dane. Are those really that big of a buffer to cover up any death? Perhaps why my tank never spiked when my Fridmani died last week, then again i wasn't running the skimmer yet then... :huh:

im not Dane <_<

Archived