SCRAPE

YOUR

GLASS

IT

BOTHERS

ME

A

LOT

haha, my glass is crystal clear, what so ever are you talking about?? Oh, you mean the coralline build-up at the sand surface level? ;) Yeah, my super nimble can't magnet handle it anymore, ugh!

Veronica, my lighting specs are 4x24w T5H0 (96w total of course) with individual clip-in TEK reflectors on the daylight bulbs for added intensity. Yeah, I know what that means... :P The question now is, who will get to 150w MH first?? ;)

For my clam, my tank had to pass a psychological examination (i.e. lots of pics and spec details) before EZ would sell the big clam on the right side to me, lol! Part of the agreement is for me to send him weekly updated pics of the clam, kinda like clam probation. :lol:

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fraggle rockette
haha, my glass is crystal clear, what so ever are you talking about?? Oh, you mean the coralline build-up at the sand surface level? ;) Yeah, my super nimble can't magnet handle it anymore, ugh!

Veronica, my lighting specs are 4x24w T5H0 (96w total of course) with individual clip-in TEK reflectors on the daylight bulbs for added intensity. Yeah, I know what that means... :P The question now is, who will get to 150w MH first?? ;)

For my clam, my tank had to pass a psychological examination (i.e. lots of pics and spec details) before EZ would sell the big clam on the right side to me, lol! Part of the agreement is for me to send him weekly updated pics of the clam, kinda like clam probation. :lol:

i cant get 150s until i get a job. hope everyone is happy with the 70mh until then :D

It's ok, I can't get 150w MH until I get a promotion or something... =/

Wait a sec, I thought you worked? Oh yes, full time student, so I understand why not, now.

fraggle rockette
It's ok, I can't get 150w MH until I get a promotion or something... =/

Wait a sec, I thought you worked? Oh yes, full time student, so I understand why not, now.

i do work, but cant after i graduate (student job). so its off to tv land to find something else to do- i think i might try and work at FSN for fall (football season) and then one of the entertainment channels after that- lol.

I will envy you Veronica, lol! Well I already do for your MH. ;):P

Anywho, here's a "lovely" pic of the Finnex venturi skimmer skimming away in my tank. I only run it on my night cycle from 6pm till 9am, so it's almost always letting off a nice foamy skimmate stream. Cup only needs to be emptied (3/4 of the way full) every 2+ weeks. B)

skimmer5.jpg

I will envy you Veronica, lol! Well I already do for your MH. ;):P

Anywho, here's a "lovely" pic of the Finnex venturi skimmer skimming away in my tank. I only run it on my night cycle from 6pm till 9am, so it's almost always letting off a nice foamy skimmate stream. Cup only needs to be emptied (3/4 of the way full) every 2+ weeks. B)

skimmer5.jpg

that is just silly, run it 24/7 foo! you're only making DIET green tea with your skimmer!

img5608zt7.jpg

gg lol

noob question......

whats the thing in the upper left corner (color wheel thing?) I have seen something similar for FW tanks, but thought they didn't work in salt.

NICE SOAP DISH!
noob question......

whats the thing in the upper left corner (color wheel thing?) I have seen something similar for FW tanks, but thought they didn't work in salt.

He's a fan of Wheel of Fortune

WHAT A GEEK!

noob question......

some ammonia alert thing that no healthy tank needs :lol:

SCRAPE

YOUR

GLASS

IT

BOTHERS

ME

A

LOT

FINALLY SOMEONE said it!!! jk Matt tank looks good.

Iwasaki 175w >>>>Tek light>>>>150w MH

Iwasaki 175w owns all!!

haha, yeah it's the SeaChem Ammonia Alert thing, and you're right I probably don't need it. Ahh well.

Ezeee, the only outlet I had left was for the night cycle, so I put the skimmer there, lol! besides, I don't like looking at bubbles when it's on in the day. ;) Actinic camouflages it.

Lookin good!

too bad my stupid tank blew up!

bleaargghh!!

Hammy, good news!! Finnex will start making another 30g glass tank again. Maybe that's what you'll get. B)

Welp apparently my tank has the infamous dinoflagellates going on in it, BLEH! :( It's ok though, I'll be tearing down the tank within the next 2 weeks one day so I can move it to a new apartment I'm moving to. At that time, new SW using Red Sea Coral Pro salt, new sack of Chemi Pure and a new sack of Phos-Ban. I'll also clean up any G/RHA I have as well as the dinos. Remember everyone, reefin' ain't easy! B)

matt are are you feeding the coral?

Nothing near like I did when I had my 12g, and i didn't have dinos in there. :( I don't even feed my dusky the PE mysis I have anymore.

No change in my tank since my last update on it. I will however be tearing down the tank in about a week to move it to a new apartment I'm now renting. It will be an eventful day with quite a few SCNRS members helping out to move stuff. I think we have about one person per frag/coral to help, lol! Ok so not quite that much. The move will be good though as it'll give me chance to do some needed maintainance. Things such as a near 90% W/C, scrub one of my rocks down from GHA on it, re-scape, and clean out my chambers from detris buildup as well as clean off the strainer on the skimmer intake from crap that has it about 80% blocked at the moment... And lastly fit my chiller pump OUT of the display area, and into the back of the tank in one of the chambers. I also plan to set up and dunk in a sack of Chemi-Pure for good measure.

So far in preperation for the move, last night I moved and installed my RO/DI system into the new apartent, so that's all set-up and ready to go. I also swapped out the 30+ year old (looks that old at least) outlet whree the tank will be at, for a brand new GFCI outlet for added protection and so I don't have to use a bulky portable GFCI wall plug which trips just for looking at it. It's rediculously sensative, hard installed ones are much better about how/when they trip.

fraggle rockette
No change in my tank since my last update on it. I will however be tearing down the tank in about a week to move it to a new apartment I'm now renting. It will be an eventful day with quite a few SCNRS members helping out to move stuff. I think we have about one person per frag/coral to help, lol! Ok so not quite that much. The move will be good though as it'll give me chance to do some needed maintainance. Things such as a near 90% W/C, scrub one of my rocks down from GHA on it, re-scape, and clean out my chambers from detris buildup as well as clean off the strainer on the skimmer intake from crap that has it about 80% blocked at the moment... And lastly fit my chiller pump OUT of the display area, and into the back of the tank in one of the chambers. I also plan to set up and dunk in a sack of Chemi-Pure for good measure.

So far in preperation for the move, last night I moved and installed my RO/DI system into the new apartent, so that's all set-up and ready to go. I also swapped out the 30+ year old (looks that old at least) outlet whree the tank will be at, for a brand new GFCI outlet for added protection and so I don't have to use a bulky portable GFCI wall plug which trips just for looking at it. It's rediculously sensative, hard installed ones are much better about how/when they trip.

good luck with the chiller fittings- mine was a beyotch. the ap24 chamber 2 is so narrow i had to dremel down the bulkhead and elbow pipe fitting 1/4" each... hopefully they hold up.

lmk if you need that tupperware, btw. it's kinda huge. :)

HammyDavisJr

Is there any way one of you 30 gallon owners could snap a shot of your fuge area?

Just curious how you set it up.

I don't have pics of mine, but basically I set up 2 heaters in it (a 100w and a 50w I only plug in during the winter), I have some L/R rubble in on the bottom and the rest of the fuge is filled with chaeto, and of course I have the 13w fuge light over the chamber and plugged into a timer so it's on for about 8 hours a day and completely automatic.

Tank move went fairly smooth. Only issue was I had 3 buckets, 2 of which I had to occupy with the L/R from the tank during transport, so that left me with only 1 bucket to use to fill the tank with new fresh water (using the new Dead Sea Coral Pro salt :lol: ) And I didn't have time to keep making water, so needless to say I tore down the tank sunday morning, put all the corals and fish into their own containers, and divded them up between 2 boxes. Well it's tuesday, the tank is up and running though the corals are all still boxed up. :ninja: I let the tank sit overnight just to let things settle in it sunday to monday, I wasn't expecting any sort of cycle... I put the fish back in last night however (my bastage clown and my Dusky jawfish) BUT I put them both back in before testing the water. :scarry: This morning I checked the tank and they were both still alive and doing what they do. Dusky was beginning to make a new burrow, and the clown ws swimming around confused because the tank only has sand and rock in it so far right now, lol!

My only concern with the tank right now, is that it's leaning slightly forward... I need to put a piece of plywood or something under the front feet so it sits more level. I think the carpet at the back feet arches up as it meets the wall or something, I dunno really... Also of note, the water hasn't peaked over 80.1F since set up, even with a heater running in it for almost 24 hours before I added the fish back to it. Maybe I don't need a chiller anymore, lol! The tank is now between a window on one side and a sliding door on the other, both of which we keep slightly open when home. I took some pics of the setup this morning, so hopefully I can get those posted up tonight providing my DSL gets connected today... *sigh*

Archived