inTank Media Baskets

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

I'm going to have to do something, because I love how well the zoas are doing in this tank and if the clowns persecute the zoas they're going to be in big trouble :)

Just idle threats teeny, you know you love the clowns, even when they are bad!

• Like 3

Just idle threats teeny, you know you love the clowns, even when they are bad!

I do love the clowns, that's true :)

Good luck with that. Clowns are dumb. lol

But they definitely are dumb :lol:

• Like 4

They really are the best fish though. Long lived and so hardy :D. I can excuse their dumbness for those reasons LOL. My brother just lost his pink streaked wrasse! He got his just a few months after me. So seems to be an age thing. Or maybe just a coincidence. I'm guessing an age thing though. They don't live long like clownfish.

• Like 5

They really are the best fish though. Long lived and so hardy :D. I can excuse their dumbness for those reasons LOL. My brother just lost his pink streaked wrasse! He got his just a few months after me. So seems to be an age thing. Or maybe just a coincidence. I'm guessing an age thing though. They don't live long like clownfish.

I agree, they are great fish!

Sorry about your brother's PSW. Fitzgerald will be two years old in January, I hope he hangs around a while longer :)

In other news, now that I've spent all this time whining about the clowns ignoring the RBTA, Dilbert started snuggling in the RBTA today! S/He seems very happy there, while Humphrey is hanging out mostly in the duncans.

• Like 6

That's good to know!

Here's my little effort to fix the "Teeny, why are there no pictures on this page?" problem :)

Zoas;

29328990260_3fd60bb91c_b.jpgZoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

RBTA is doing great other than closing up every night like clockwork, and getting no clownfish love. The one you see in the corner is actually hanging in the duncans nearby.

29328991650_7ca291bddb_b.jpgRBTA by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Those zoas! :wub:

• Like 2

Those zoas! :wub:

Thanks, Merth!

Here's another view, an artsy-fartsy shot. The pros call this "bokeh", I call it "what it looks like when I've been drinking"

29589188470_242018fbf1_b.jpgZoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I also have updated fish pics, including the clowns.

Humphrey, in the RBTA:

29882795635_85f9221d1f_b.jpg20160923-untitled-046-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Dilbert, in the duncans:

29255577614_801aa0175b_b.jpg20160923-untitled-011-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Freckles, hanging out at the end of the tunnel. You can see all the little grains of sand the pistol shrimp has carried out the door.

29799694491_016dc40c1e_b.jpgFreckles by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Sebastian:

29799693831_5914cbf385_b.jpgSebastian by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And Frank:

29799691341_4307801fd5_b.jpgFrank by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 16

Looking fantastico! Can't wait to see this thing chock-full-o corals. My bta hates my tank. I had cranked up the flow to get after some algae( which I think I may have found out was bad RO in my ATO container...I digress), and so he just hangs out up near the top all small and closes up often. Still beautiful, healthy and eating but not stretching out like most do. My stupid clown only goes near it when it is closed and my blood shrimp terrorizes the bta. Poor guy~

• Like 1

What great photos. Hopefully Humphrey will influence Dilbert. Maybe Humphrey didn't like the 'dumb' remarks, smearing his character and all, ha ha!

Could be!

Actually, though, I think what may have done it was that every time I fed frozen, I started by putting a lot of it right around the RBTA. The clowns would come over and go for the frozen food, and were even picking a few pieces off of the RBTA tentacles. I think that may have gotten them thinking about the RBTA as a nice place to hang out for some lunch :)

I LOVE :wub: the Zoas! The Fish are Awesome as well :)

Thanks! I'm going to put a few more down on the sand bed today :)

Looking fantastico! Can't wait to see this thing chock-full-o corals. My bta hates my tank. I had cranked up the flow to get after some algae( which I think I may have found out was bad RO in my ATO container...I digress), and so he just hangs out up near the top all small and closes up often. Still beautiful, healthy and eating but not stretching out like most do. My stupid clown only goes near it when it is closed and my blood shrimp terrorizes the bta. Poor guy~

Thanks! I reduced the flow when I first got the RBTA, and then reduced it even further by adding the foam guards to the pumps. But even then, mine did the same thing, going up to the top and mostly closed up. I finally give it a little help by scraping it off the glass and just letting it drift to find a spot with low flow. Fortunately after moving an inch or two from that spot, it's stayed put ever since and seems quite happy.

Your fish have the best names!!!

Ha ha, thanks! The whole family enjoys helping me name them.

Who has time to name there fish :lol: Oh wait its mr mud puddle :P

Love the possum wrasse......and yes clowns are stupid :rolleyes: mine ignore the nem also.....

I'll confess I don't name them until I think they're going to survive :rolleyes:

I love the wrasse, too. He's always out and about and adds a really nice splash of red in among the rocks.

Your pics are so clear and colorful. Love them!

Thanks, Annette! After seeing your royal gramma I was really tempted, but I'm glad I went with the assessor, I think he will get along better with the shy fish I have in this tank.

Everything looks great!

Great fish selection.....and names!

Thanks, Jack! Good luck with the new tank. I expect updated pictures promptly when you get it wet. Next year?

Me too!!

Awesome photos!! And yay Humphrey!!!!!

Yay Humphrey! He passed Clowns 101 and I didn't even have to show him the remedial training pictures!

• Like 4

Ooooh...gorgeous photos :wub:. I really love the zoanthid pic...so artsy!

Thanks, Gena :lol:

The blue ones in front are "Morphologics Vice" zoas I got from Aquascapers. Since Aquascapers only opens their store every once in a while, I was really worried when my frag was down to two polyps in the old 4g tank. But they finally turned around, and ever since I put them in this tank they've multiplied like crazy.

I've got a few other frags of Aquascapers vice zoas in the 10g tank that have never done very well, and I'm thinking of moving them in here and propagating the frags back into the 10g tank after they grow out :)

• Like 2

Thanks, Gena :lol:

The blue ones in front are "Morphologics Vice" zoas I got from Aquascapers. Since Aquascapers only opens their store every once in a while, I was really worried when my frag was down to two polyps in the old 4g tank. But they finally turned around, and ever since I put them in this tank they've multiplied like crazy.

I've got a few other frags of Aquascapers vice zoas in the 10g tank that have never done very well, and I'm thinking of moving them in here and propagating the frags back into the 10g tank after they grow out :)

If you ever see them open, let me know!!

• Like 1

Hey there Tiny Teeney. When you used the Red Sea NO3 PO4 X, did your skimmer go crazy. I've been using it for a little over 2 weeks now and my NO3 has dropped from 50ppm to 1.0ppm. I'm real happy with it and am about to start dosing The Colors program.

My Ghost skimmer fills up every other day with good, foamy, tea colored skimmate.

• Like 1

If you ever see them open, let me know!!

Will do!

Hey there Tiny Teeney. When you used the Red Sea NO3 PO4 X, did your skimmer go crazy. I've been using it for a little over 2 weeks now and my NO3 has dropped from 50ppm to 1.0ppm. I'm real happy with it and am about to start dosing The Colors program.

My Ghost skimmer fills up every other day with good, foamy, tea colored skimmate.

Wow, that is a huge improvement! Once I started using NoPox I saw a significant change in the quality and quantity of skimmate. Which makes sense because that's how it works :)

The upgrade is looking wonderful! I am so behind, but it seems like the new tank is coming along great. I love the fish you've selected! I think the YWG and pistol shrimp are my favorite! Oh and the clown looks so hilariously adorable in that little RBTA. Glad he wised up and started hosting. Oh, and I love your artistic shot of the zoas. So many different colors!

• Like 1