ReefCleaners.org

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

Enjoy the box-o-goodies. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Thanks again - they are going to be beautiful after they open up!

After removing frag plugs and dipping:

29282119432_a0c00d2e6e_b.jpgNew corals by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Blue Slimer

28775646763_ccfc7d44c6_b.jpgBlue Slimer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Green Slimer

28775647493_067c62980d_b.jpgGreen Slimer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

German Blue Digitata

28775648423_685cc3f939_b.jpgGerman Blue Digitata by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Bird of Paradise. These things are just about indestructible. It came out of a two day shipping box looking like this :)

28775649803_12e208357f_b.jpgBird of Paradise by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Blue Kenya Tree. It looked OK after the dip but it slumped after gluing it up. I expect it will need a day or two to perk back up. I threw a bag of carbon in the back chamber for a few days just in case. Slowtwitch says this particular one doesn't seem to spread the way regular kenya trees do, so I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

28775652993_081a558412_b.jpgBlue Kenya Tree by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Seasons Greetings Monti. There's pretty much no sign of any strain or discoloration from shipping.

28775651243_4edba1161f_b.jpgSeasons Greetings Montipora by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 7

I wonder if that's from my Season's Greetings? I can't remember if I sold a frag to Slowtwitch or not :).

It sure is Gena. I have a pic of the colony it came off of in my POTO thread. You ready to get a couple of pieces back? :lol:

• Like 4

It sure is Gena. I have a pic of the colony it came off of in my POTO thread. You ready to get a couple of pieces back? :lol:

Awesome :happydance:. I thought I sold you a frag but wasn't totally sure about that...I sold a bunch of those :).

Nope...none for me. Maybe some day but not right now. I got my fill of that coral. My plate was ginormous. I wonder how big they can actually get? You should put a frag in your office tank, if you haven't already ;).

• Like 3

Awesome :happydance:. I thought I sold you a frag but wasn't totally sure about that...I sold a bunch of those :).

Nope...none for me. Maybe some day but not right now. I got my fill of that coral. My plate was ginormous. I wonder how big they can actually get? You should put a frag in your office tank, if you haven't already ;).

I plan to once it is stable enough. I tried one frag but it didn't last long. Too many weird things going on in there. New tank issues.

• Like 2

Check in Teeny so we know you're OK bro.

Thanks for checking, Stinky. We're fine here, just a lot of rain and some wind. We didn't even lose power.

Awesome new additions!!! Can't wait to see them grow!

Thanks, Roger!

love the season's greeting!!

Yeah, it's funny, I always like it in Gena's old tank but I never got a chance to get a frag from her before she took the tank down. But now I've got it :happydance:

I'm looking forward to having room for the plates to grow out a little bit more here in the 40g. But I know I'll still have to trim them since they grow so fast.

• Like 2

I wonder if that's from my Season's Greetings? I can't remember if I sold a frag to Slowtwitch or not :).

I think it's super cool to see the exact same coral still going strong years after you shut down your old tank. I also have a little piece of your Idaho Grape growing in the tank :) .

Looking good teeny! Really enjoy the seasons greetings

Thanks! I'm hoping to get all the plating caps growing together.

• Like 2

The corals look great. I loved my bop that I had in my 125. It would always go strong even when everything else was having issues.

Yeah, it's definitely a great coral for SPS beginners. I used corals like these as a canary in a coal mine for the tank. If this coral isn't doing well, it's not just a finicky SPS problem, it's something really wrong with the tank.

• Like 1

Nice additions. I usually have to lightly tie my softy/leather frags to a piece of rock with like string or a rubber band. They usually slime their way out of the glue:)

• Like 1

I got a spongodes from a guy that was breaking his tank down about 2 years ago. It was 6" then, it's now a bit over 15". If I can't kill it, it has to be indestructible, I don't have a very good record with most SPS.

• Like 2

Damn you Teeny, everytime i start looking at your tank i'm considering a fusion 40 instead of the reefer 170 :-)... I need to stop reading this thread... Lol

:lol: Having a sump is really nice, though!

I got a spongodes from a guy that was breaking his tank down about 2 years ago. It was 6" then, it's now a bit over 15". If I can't kill it, it has to be indestructible, I don't have a very good record with most SPS.

I agree - I had a spongeodes in my first 4g tank and it was one of the first SPS corals that I was able to grow.

Nice additions. I usually have to lightly tie my softy/leather frags to a piece of rock with like string or a rubber band. They usually slime their way out of the glue:)

I'm keeping an eye on mine because I can see it might be trying to do the same thing.

It's doing fine now, and is inflated again. I have had terrible luck getting a decent picture of it - there's a lot of glare and reflection from the lights where it is. The best I could do is this cell phone pic.

29417789326_0c28900b3a_b.jpgBlue Kenya Tree by TeenyReef, on Flickr

In other news, I upgraded my ATO container with a fancy plastic box I found at Target. Or Wal-mart, I can't remember. It holds five gallons and has a water resistant seal on the lid. My old ATO container held 3g, so this will help me go a lot longer between refills.

29417781606_f2b8a6dbb5_b.jpgATO Container by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 4

Nice to see the leather rebounding.

Everything else doing well?

Everything is turning brown, but that's not too surprising. Other than that, they all seem to be doing fine!

:lol: Having a sump is really nice, though!

I know Teeny but a fusion looks (*edit: you make it look like) so easy to maintain :) . You don't have to worry about plumbing or leaking pvc pipes.

another plus is you can put it on any cabinet that can hold the tank...

And another big thing... i Always had a weak spot for those im fusion tanks :D .

Just a smidge of iodine teeny. I recently got some Continuum and it's the bees knees. I always dose iodide at 1/4 of what they say. That usually squares weepy leathers away in short order.

reeferbrownies

Im going to need to get a bird of paradise like yours, Its a beauty!

I wish you were closer to me

so i could maybe get some idaho grape and green cap :P

• Like 1

Yeah, it's funny, I always like it in Gena's old tank but I never got a chance to get a frag from her before she took the tank down. But now I've got it :happydance:

I'm looking forward to having room for the plates to grow out a little bit more here in the 40g. But I know I'll still have to trim them since they grow so fast.

Cool :happydance:. I hope yours grows more spirally...better for the whole shading underneath thing. Mine wanted to grow flat like a plate. The purple wanted to be a cup though :D.
  • Like 2