Top Shelf Aquatics

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

Great corals Mr Teeny!

...........I think your wife needs to hang out with my wife and educate her on proper b-day gifts.

:^ )

Just torture her for a few years by telling her you can't think of anything you want. :lol:

That means your wife knows the REAL prices of corals!!?! :bling: She's definitely a keeper!

I agree :D

Glad to see continued improvement in those pieces. Looks like all three are encrusting already as well. Fantastic. :D

They're doing great, and I think they're going to look really good. Thanks for sending them!

• Like 3

That means your wife knows the REAL prices of corals!!?! :bling: She's definitely a keeper!

One of the best posts I've read in a while~

Look forward to watching these grow out, especially the JF and the echinata. I love the ice/fire. I love white acros (ones that aren't dead), and dark blue tops on a white acro is super nice. My myagi Tort was a nice white with green tips, but it seems to be going the route of many of my sticks and turning purple, blue and/or green. Oh well. The same thing happens with my yellow acros, they just turn green.

• Like 2

The zoas and favia both look amazing! Super jealous right now :).

Thanks, Jase! They really stand out in the tank with their colors. I love finding corals with vivid yellow in them.

One of the best posts I've read in a while~

Look forward to watching these grow out, especially the JF and the echinata. I love the ice/fire. I love white acros (ones that aren't dead), and dark blue tops on a white acro is super nice. My myagi Tort was a nice white with green tips, but it seems to be going the route of many of my sticks and turning purple, blue and/or green. Oh well. The same thing happens with my yellow acros, they just turn green.

Good luck with the myagi! I had one in my 4g tank that I loved. Maybe yours will turn electric green instead of white, like some of them do.

• Like 1

I went to the LFS yesterday to get some pods. This LFS is the local Reefgen vendor, so they had a lot of the Reefgen corals left over from the MAMAX show last week. I was tempted.

I gave in :rolleyes:.

RG Crosette Inferno mushroom:

30227307892_313d53edd9_b.jpgRG Crosette Inferno Mushroom by TeenyReef, on Flickr

That favia is awesome!

Thanks! I'm still trying to decide where to put it. Favia can be invasive and aggressive, but this one is supposed to be slow growing. So it may end up on the rocks where it can add a splash of color.

Beautiful new corals! That plate and favia are amazing!

Thanks - I think they're my favorites. But if the acans stay colored up the way they were at the show I think they're going to be pretty nice too :)

Teeny we need an fts!!!

Hmmm, I don't have a good one but here's a bad one I took yesterday!

30258089311_73158f27d1_b.jpg2016-10-15 IM40 FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 10

The tank is looking great! I like the new corals! The mushie is my favorite I think

Yeah, even after I spent all my money at MAMAX last week, I just couldn't resist that one.

The owner told me that Laura (Reefgen) didn't want to leave that one at the shop, she wanted to bring it back home with her. I can see why :)

• Like 2

Good looking shroom. Dibs on babies

Love the shroom.

Beautiful shroom!!

That shroom is cray cray!

Here it is after being glued up. So far so good in this location. I've got it down fairly low so that it's not getting too much light and flow. Hopefully it will spread. I put it in a spot where it shouldn't cause too much trouble if it spreads out. It's welcome to fight it out with the monticaps as they grow :)

29720772074_8ef65c5a48_b.jpgReefgen Crosette Inferno Mushroom by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 7

Here it is after being glued up. So far so good in this location. I've got it down fairly low so that it's not getting too much light and flow. Hopefully it will spread. I put it in a spot where it shouldn't cause too much trouble if it spreads out. It's welcome to fight it out with the monticaps as they grow :)

29720772074_8ef65c5a48_b.jpgReefgen Crosette Inferno Mushroom by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Wow :wub:.
  • Like 1

I went to the LFS yesterday to get some pods. This LFS is the local Reefgen vendor, so they had a lot of the Reefgen corals left over from the MAMAX show last week. I was tempted.

I gave in :rolleyes:.

RG Crosette Inferno mushroom:

30227307892_313d53edd9_b.jpgRG Crosette Inferno Mushroom by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Thanks! I'm still trying to decide where to put it. Favia can be invasive and aggressive, but this one is supposed to be slow growing. So it may end up on the rocks where it can add a splash of color.

Thanks - I think they're my favorites. But if the acans stay colored up the way they were at the show I think they're going to be pretty nice too :)

Hmmm, I don't have a good one but here's a bad one I took yesterday!

30258089311_73158f27d1_b.jpg2016-10-15 IM40 FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Wow!

so many places to put corals. Jelly.

• Like 2

Wow!

so many places to put corals. Jelly.

Yeah, it's a good problem to have! Although there are several tiny stick frags that hopefully will grow out and fill in a lot of the open spaces.
  • Like 2

Well, crap. I just realized I haven't seen Sheldon, the Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse, in at least a week, maybe more. I looked carefully and there was no sign of him anywhere when I fed the tank tonight. I have a bad feeling about this :(