Coral Vue Hydros

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

This tank is sponge worthy! Love that orange sponge- it's so symmetrical, cubed out. And that other brown jelly looking mass is ugly but still interesting and good like you said because it' filtering.

Thanks, Annette! I love seeing all the hitchhikers, there's something new every couple months :)

Dont feel bad,i just lost 3 sticks yesterday for no reason. While my other 3 are fine. Although i NEVER spend more than $10-$15 for a piece it always sucks nonetheless.

All the aweosme critters popping up are awesome. I need to get some quality live rock next go around. Which might been soon lol. Where did you get yours from again ?

Yeah, it's just part of the game. Which is why it's so satisfying when they do well B)

I got my live rock from KPA. Gulf Live Rock is also supposed to be very good too.

• Like 1

Was that Pink Panther a tenuis? Those things are bad luck, I tell ya. :)

I'm still a rank beginner at acro ID's, but yes, I think it was a tenuis. It's hard to tell from the teeny tiny frag I had.

• Like 1

The green of the inner coralite looks like all the tenuis I have tried to grow, that looked fantastic, and died in dramatic fashion.

Wow, yes, that's exactly what happened. Grrrr. But at least it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone.

Sorry to hear about the SPS. The others are looking fine though!

Thanks! I know in my 4g tank it took well over a year of ups and downs before I could reliably grow acros with good color and good PE. And then just as they were really taking off I left the doser on overnight and that was that.

Even in the 10g which is just as mature, I've been having problems with acros for the last couple months. Ever since I changed lights for a month before going back, it hasn't been the same.

In this tank, it should be a little easier since the larger water volume holds the parameters much more steady. So far I've lost only three acros, one that was mysterious "no reason" death, plus the pink lemonade that just didn't make the transfer, and now this one. So I think overall it's going OK, and should get better as the tank matures and all the sponges and other little critters multiply.

• Like 1

Haven't checked this thread in a while. Tank is looking sweeT, cool sponges! Having a bubble algae issue myself right now, gonna pick up some tiny emeralds tomorrow and hope for the best. Really like your scape by the way.

• Like 1

Haven't checked this thread in a while. Tank is looking sweeT, cool sponges! Having a bubble algae issue myself right now, gonna pick up some tiny emeralds tomorrow and hope for the best. Really like your scape by the way.

Thanks! I'm not too optimistic the emerald crab will do much good, but he's cute and he's good for general cleanup anyway.

The emerald I had in the 10g got too big, but I'm hoping this guy won't outgrow the 40.

• Like 2

Thanks! I'm not too optimistic the emerald crab will do much good, but he's cute and he's good for general cleanup anyway.

The emerald I had in the 10g got too big, but I'm hoping this guy won't outgrow the 40.

Was chatting with stella about the mithrax, bubble algae doesnt bother me enough to drive me crazy so im gonna wait and see what hers do.

• Like 2

Was chatting with stella about the mithrax, bubble algae doesnt bother me enough to drive me crazy so im gonna wait and see what hers do.

From what she's reported, they've gone to town on her bubble algae. But she has the red ones, which are deeper water. No telling if that makes a difference.

• Like 2

Bubbly RBTA! omgomgomg

I've been reducing feeding just a little bit, and was gone overnight on Saturday, so the tank only got pellets on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know if the reduced feeding had anything to do with it, or maybe just reduced nutrients in the water, but I'm really happy about it, whatever the cause :)

30250077380_483c06f648_b.jpgRBTA by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 15

Bubbly RBTA! omgomgomg

I've been reducing feeding just a little bit, and was gone overnight on Saturday, so the tank only got pellets on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know if the reduced feeding had anything to do with it, or maybe just reduced nutrients in the water, but I'm really happy about it, whatever the cause :)

30250077380_483c06f648_b.jpgRBTA by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Jealous.... Mine hasn't been bubbly since the 2nd day i got it.

• Like 1

It's prettiful!!!

I agree - I love the colors on this guy :wub:

Jealous.... Mine hasn't been bubbly since the 2nd day i got it.

This is the first time mine has been bubbly since the 2nd day I got it too :D

• Like 1

I may have to hire Stella's special emerald mithrax crab bubble algae hit squad B)

Red mithrax :wub:

They're awesome!

I took this picture of the pink panther last night. No PE, and the skin was looking kind of thin, but the color was still fine.

Today when I got home it had RTN'd completely :(

I knew better than to get this one before the tank was completely mature, but got tempted anyway. Lesson learned. Poop. :tears:

30438309975_25e5554da1_b.jpg20161018-untitled-001.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

:( Boo. and I'm sorry about Sheldon!

• Like 1