ReefCleaners.org

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Sure :rolleyes: everyone is in denial it sucks getting old............

Yes it does! And I certainly am an enabler for all u folks in Denial or Dementia. ;)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would've scared me too!! That copperband is beautiful. I didn't realize they may pick at clams!

That stinks about the bangaiis- one of mine is more agressive and will chase the female a bit but no fighting. And they are both peaceful to the other fish.

My gorg hasn't grown that much- how's yours doing? I love that one you have. I've been still searching for a larger one.

mine hasn't grown much and the color is a little duller. It's right under the light so maybe too much light for a non photosynethic gorg.. I am just glad it's still alive...haha

O my goodness Rachel, you filled that tank up! It looks gourgeous, I love it. So much color and such rich textures. How old is this tank now?

mine hasn't grown much and the color is a little duller. It's right under the light so maybe too much light for a non photosynethic gorg.. I am just glad it's still alive...haha

It's funny - mine started to lose color than it came back. Same placement! Same light schedule. No idea what caused it!

O my goodness Rachel, you filled that tank up! It looks gourgeous, I love it. So much color and such rich textures. How old is this tank now?

Wow, thank you Dawn! That means a lot. It is 296 days old today :)

Thanks Newstead! I've gotten quite a few of the from KP aquatics and some from live-plants.com! And some from reefers here as well. I'll need to be trimming some soon so I'll shoot you a PM.

Please do!!! Got a gorgeous purple/green chalice from Annette, need some height and she suggested gorgonians.

Showed Frank the pics of your tank and he asked why ours doesn't look like that. When he gets out of the hospital he will be thrilled to see them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's an update! A couple weeks ago I lost one of my skunk cleaner shrimp to a bad molt. I noticed him on the sand upside down and thought he was dead but then realized he was still alive but all his legs were stuck in the molt still :wacko: the wrasses were bugging him so I put him in a breeder box with some rocks but he didn't make it :(

Then about a week and a half ago, I noticed my large melanurus looked like he had popeye in one eye! So I freaked out since that's generally a sign of poor water quality. Since I change out 10-15 gallons once a week on Sunday, I freaked and went on a water changing binge of doing 20 gallons every other day for a week. My nitrates hadn't been over 10, my phosphates had always been under .1, but I realized I had forgotten to turn the reactor I have carbon running in for a bit a week so I thought maybe it was high nutrients in combo with soft coral toxins or something. Well, it didn't seem to be getting better but it stayed only in one eye. The more I read, the more this pointed to an injury. Espcrially since they bury themselves in the sand. But I kept up with the water changes anyway and made sure he was getting his share of some good food. Well, my nitrates and phosphates are non-existent after all those water changes and my macros in the sump started to suffer as did some of my corals with the clean water. I noticed today his eye seems to be looking somewhat better. The other eye has been fine all along. So I'm hoping he continues to recover but I'm going to tone down the number of water changes as I don't think it's helping.

That's a lot of water changes! Glad to hear the wrasse is doing better. That's quite an army of red mithrax. What's your current stocklist now for fish??

Let's see....

2 clowns

1 neon goby

1 Midas Blenny

2 kaudern's cardinals

3 chromis

4 red spot glass cardinals

1 one spot foxface

2 melanurus wrasses

I think I got them all!!! Most are smaller (neon goby, red spots, clowns, chromis). I consider the kaudern's, the Midas medium and the foxface large lol

Verdict is out on the wrasses. The male is large at about 4-5 inches but the juvenile/female is under 2" still

Good luck with the mithraxeseseses. Any sign of them eating the bubble algae yet?

Yeah!!! I've seen two eating it. Even took a video! My little wrasse ate two of the small mithraxes - :o

Happy Sunday! Today was tank cleaning day! And today, the tank is 312 days old!

Magellan the fox face - he has gotten big! Love this fish.

VtgMICh.jpg

My favorite side of the tank:

dLTTEt8.jpg

The corner view:

ap0qPkq.jpg

September FTS - water was a little cloudy after cleaning. Oh well.

rxJFLbw.jpg

Squamosa mantel

1iYXvi1.jpg

The teal hammers from Gena - and a red spot glass cardinal fish. They don't look so teal in this photo under daylights, but they are:

2zNQ9FJ.jpg

Zoa garden is starting to fill in

MheAnwD.jpg

A favia:

XeRsZng.jpg

Twizzlers (I think)

efqk3Ig.jpg

Some cool dark purple/black with green/yellow center I got from Cultivated Reef a few months ago:

1LQbhUo.jpg

Eagle eyes, nuclear greens and bubble algae :lol:

jvP0Lkm.jpg

More zoas:

mxdS192.jpg

Alveopora

dx8vZ7s.jpg

Happy Sunday! Today was tank cleaning day! And today, the tank is 312 days old!

Magellan the fox face - he has gotten big! Love this fish.

VtgMICh.jpg

My favorite side of the tank:

dLTTEt8.jpg

The corner view:

ap0qPkq.jpg

September FTS - water was a little cloudy after cleaning. Oh well.

rxJFLbw.jpg

Squamosa mantel

1iYXvi1.jpg

The teal hammers from Gena - and a red spot glass cardinal fish. They don't look so teal in this photo under daylights, but they are:

2zNQ9FJ.jpg

Zoa garden is starting to fill in

MheAnwD.jpg

A favia:

XeRsZng.jpg

Twizzlers (I think)

efqk3Ig.jpg

Some cool dark purple/black with green/yellow center I got from Cultivated Reef a few months ago:

1LQbhUo.jpg

Eagle eyes, nuclear greens and bubble algae :lol:

jvP0Lkm.jpg

More zoas:

mxdS192.jpg

OMG!!! Everything looks AMAZING!! My tank crush!!!! Your hard work is so evident!! Fantastic update!

AND a few sunset shots:

p3R2A0O.jpg

kudi9JW.jpg

OMG!!! Everything looks AMAZING!! My tank crush!!!! Your hard work is so evident!! Fantastic update!

:wub: Thank you! That means a lot.

Yeah!!! I've seen two eating it. Even took a video! My little wrasse ate two of the small mithraxes - :o

MMMMM snacks............... :lol:

Tank is looking great! I am sure the eyeball issue was not from water quality........

MMMMM snacks............... :lol:

Tank is looking great! I am sure the eyeball issue was not from water quality........

:lol: I couldn't freaking believe it. Most expensive wrasse lunch ever.

eh, could be though. I know I feed a TON. But I also export like crazy. but his eye is looking MUCH better! a little white and swollen just over the eye still.

No wonder your still sick.......get your ass at home and not on the water :P

LoL! These are from last week actually. No boating this weekend. Unfortunately. Still too sick.

One more! My chili coral is still doing well. It's hanging in a cave of sorts so it is really hard to get a good shot.

BJu4doo.jpg

Oh! And these zoas. Well, I think they're palys maybe. Not sure.

DjLvvas.jpg

Love the chili coral........

Thank you! Me too! It only starts opening up in the evening. I love how bright red it is. And the fact that it hangs upside down, it adds some different flow to the tank.

OMGSH this tank is looking incredible!!! :wub: It's so full of so many amazing corals!

Idk if I had a favorite tank on here, but I do now. Stella, you need to post pics more often!

Wow, your tank has really gotten stunning! It's nice to see the chili corals doing so well since they're one of those ones with a bad reputation for dying after a few months. I guess your rigorous overfeeding regiment is paying off :D

Watch out for the nuclear green palys, in my tank they ended up spreading like weeds.

OMGSH this tank is looking incredible!!! :wub: It's so full of so many amazing corals!

Idk if I had a favorite tank on here, but I do now. Stella, you need to post pics more often!

:blush: YOSHII! you just made my year! thank you! :wub:

Archived