inTank Media Baskets

20 Gallon Starter

righttirefire

righttirefire

I'm more upset about the lose of creature, because it was starved for 2 months. I knew it was a long shot. And in common research it was fine one day gone the next.

I was expecting my nanobox sooner, but the clam was moving out of the light, so who know. My system runs undetectable nitrates. So low nutrients, I'm not sure about the lighting, and it was a small, about 1". I believe the bistle threads were damaged when I got it, the little "feather" detacted on the second day. It never anchored into rocks or the sand and kept moving.

It was gamble going in and I thought I had it under control. I'm not in a hurry to replace it. It was a neat creature, but in not sure I'm a clam person. I think anenomes have a lot more character.

It's always about sex as far as harry is concerned with morgan... it's encouraging to see him making jokes... with a woman. Sorry morgan.

I'm from Longmont, Colorado. In Washington the small derasa clams start at 69.99 at the LFS. I love them, just can't bring myself to do it. Harry, bro. I didn't know you had the hookup. Get me in on those man.

What part of WA are you in?

I'm more upset about the lose of creature, because it was starved for 2 months. I knew it was a long shot. And in common research it was fine one day gone the next.

I was expecting my nanobox sooner, but the clam was moving out of the light, so who know. My system runs undetectable nitrates. So low nutrients, I'm not sure about the lighting, and it was a small, about 1". I believe the bistle threads were damaged when I got it, the little "feather" detacted on the second day. It never anchored into rocks or the sand and kept moving.

It was gamble going in and I thought I had it under control. I'm not in a hurry to replace it. It was a neat creature, but in not sure I'm a clam person. I think anenomes have a lot more character.

It's always about sex as far as harry is concerned with morgan... it's encouraging to see him making jokes... with a woman. Sorry morgan.

Lies! This was the first clam reference in a long time!

Yeah I lost two that way... It stinks. They looked perfect for months and then BAM from the low par and nutrients they died hours apart!

The clams that were high on rock did perfect- it's hard since they give no warning that they aren't doing well before they die :(

I'm up in the Seattle area. Just 15 minutes east of the city. You're in Oregon?

thecoralbeauty

don't lie, you can be JUST as bad, going on about seeing pictures of my cat(s) and such. lol

byssal threads sometimes detach, I've had that happen on a few of mine. not necessarily a sign of stress, but they do like to anchor to things (maximas in particular, i believe) so not being able to anchor may have caused it stress. also might have been why he kept moving. not necessarily out of the light but maybe just looking to find a rock to clamp onto.

strange that both you and harry had sudden deaths... i've lost a clam before but i always knew things were going downhill first. though they haven't been from starvation. i worry a bit about my clams being so low on my clam island currently, but with my fish and feeding and my radion running 100%, i'm hoping their nutrients are enough. i'll check for some white growth on their shells when i get home, that sometimes can be a good indicator.

thecoralbeauty

Yeah down in the salem area, about 5 hours south of seattle

Mine seemed to growing new white scallops on the shell...

well, like i said, sometimes.. smh. how long did you have it again?

righttirefire

2 month. It starved... the day before I left it was gaping a little. Lost some color... I didn't expect it to be Ali e when I got home. I was hoping it'd survive. But thought the moving it around every 2 weeks was more stressful than letting it be.

righttirefire

I intended to build a coral photo log while acclimating to nanobox. Maybe I shouldn't suck, but I'm watching it and maintaining everything. No dramatic changes

righttirefire

20151213_103043_zpssqqa1y1w_edit_1450031

About that coral acclimation log under the nanobox... not looking promising, but yellow clown gobies are awesome!

20151213_103108_zpsw6ih07ni_edit_1450032

All my fish in 2 pictures! New record. Christmas might be my new favorite time of year, I like the colored Christmas tree lights reflecting off the glass.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
righttirefire

you need more stuff in there...... ;)

Shut your dirty mouth! I have plenty. Let it grow. I'm becoming more of a minimalist... and I'm ramping up the nanobox itll be a long process. I like what I have. I like the montis. All of them. Birdsnest. The anenomes are really my favorite. And I'm not overly impressed by fish. I have my cycle fish, blue/green chromis, yellow clown goby for cuteness, Clown because if the anenomes, and the workhorse diamond goby. No notable show pieces.

• Like 1

Shut your dirty mouth! I have plenty. Let it grow. I'm becoming more of a minimalist... and I'm ramping up the nanobox itll be a long process. I like what I have. I like the montis. All of them. Birdsnest. The anenomes are really my favorite. And I'm not overly impressed by fish. I have my cycle fish, blue/green chromis, yellow clown goby for cuteness, Clown because if the anenomes, and the workhorse diamond goby. No notable show pieces.

Full tank shot? :)

Diamond goby :eek: 20 dollar fish spitting sand on a 200 dollar coral....... :lol:

righttirefire

I dumped my phone and nothing recent in photobucket? Tomorrow?

Diamond goby :eek: 20 dollar fish spitting sand on a 200 dollar coral....... :lol:

16 dollar fish. Burying a 50 green bubble tip anenome. And 50 clam. But the reason I didn't buy that awesome trachy... I don't have $200 in coral in my tank total... all frags

I dumped my phone and nothing recent in photobucket? Tomorrow?

16 dollar fish. Burying a 50 green bubble tip anenome. And 50 clam. But the reason I didn't buy that awesome trachy... I don't have $200 in coral in my tank total... all frags

Well you need to get on the ball then don't you :P

I do not want to add up what I have in my 20.............

righttirefire

Quick update in the middle of the night so no one notices!

20151223_225626_zpsf9gcb8pc.jpg

It's not often you get frag rack pictures. But it's full of montis... I hate when my montis on my frag rack look better than in my display tank... $25 Chinese led ebay special 6 white and 3 blues... vs a nanobox quad... Dave you got done explaining to do!

20151223_225508_zpsvrt0boaa.jpg

• Like 3