inTank Media Baskets

********The Euphyllia Club********

CosmicCanine

ohhhh there's a catch now. i was listed before. followed :P

ohhhh there's a catch now. i was listed before. followed :P

Got jokes eh? haha. You were listed but i took you off cuz you werent folowing = i cant add ur link. lol

• Like 1

Anyone know how to move this club to the coral forum?

Explain "good ones" hahaha. Im the kind of guy to buy anything as long as it isnt dead. however. i do have 2 "higher end" corals

The ones I've seen have okay colors, but nothing impressive. I'm really looking for a nice purple or lime-tipped.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I finally got a photo (the best i could do) that represents the TRUE color that I myself actually see.. The one on the left is a Dreef aussie hellfire torch, and the one on the right is a Kryptonite torch. Thanks to Roger for showing me the ways of photography... I may be buying those lense filters that show true color without having to adjust exposure and WB.... Catch yall later. Lets see some more photos guys!

16005290194_fc18990417_o.jpgRSCN0721 by xHuskyBoy, on Flickr

• Like 3

My Spec V with 2 heads of Frogspawn, 1 head Indo Gold Torch, and 4 heads of neon Green Torch coral, Plus many more...

_DSC8110.jpg

_DSC6480.jpg

Reef%20Tank%202015_1.jpg

Love it alot..... beautiful tank dude

• Like 1

Maybe it was taking a poop. Mine retracts a lil when expelling waste. :)

Most likely... It is also in the middle of splitting, so its probably just peed off... haha. i did a rescape.. kinda... more like just moved a rock.. but meh.

CosmicCanine

New update! Tank is being left alone. Id like to watch it without helping it out, just leave it be and do weekly WC's and see how happy things get. I hope stuff grows crazy! Id really love to see coralline start to take off. its been 5 months and no coralline yet... oh well.. i touch it too much thats my problem, i have a strange OCD addiction to my tank and i like to keep my hands wet all the time, but for now im staying dry! Hope you guys like the final scape i designed, cuz im stickin to it! Torches are already doing better, and some things are growing, the green palys have another head sprouting and the yellow polyps have 2 coming out! the octospawn have like 5 new growths on the the part where the flesh meets the skeleton so im hoping those are now heads. take care guys!

16689398455_86d7fc1041_o.jpgRSCN0798 by xHuskyBoy, on Flickr

16501998180_aac8fa3dc1_o.jpgRSCN0800 by xHuskyBoy, on Flickr

Watch my new video guys! subscribe to see future updates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHLWTfaH_hU&feature=youtu.be

Also, yes I did take the black background off, I think it looks better without it.

Sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread. It looks like my Hammer is unhappy. It has slowly receded back into its stem. When I first got it (one of my first corals, about 2 months ago) it was pretty happy looking, but I worried that it was in too high flow after reading horror stories about the skeleton pushing through the polyp flesh. So I moved it off to the side of the tank where it had lower flow, and it remained happy. When I glued it in it's current location, I glued it a little lower down than I meant to, and it has little to no flow now (ignore the streaks in the photo, I had just accidentally stirred up the sand, and it looks like there is a lot of flow, but there isn't really). Water parameters are all pretty good (pH 8.15, SpGr 1.024, KH 7, Calcium 380, ammonia, nitrates and nitrites all 0) Any thoughts or suggestions? He is glued on, but I can move him if needed...

DSC09446.jpg

Here he was in his glory day...

DSC07129.jpg

Spoon Fed EM1

does anyone on here have Cristata or they call it grape coral? definitely in the euphylllia family.

i got very lucky and got a frag off of my friend... don't see these around much.

my frag has been in my tank for 2 days and it's still being shy and not coming out, definitely can't wait to see it fully extended. i know it's purple with green tips.

• 2 weeks later...

wow great thread .. with some amazing photos. hopefully I will upgrade my camera and learn to take a photo of my beloved frogspawn.

It's phases mood and actions have captivated me for the two weeks I have had my tank, got to say Euphyllia is a great coral.

Not keen on bubbles but some of the hammers are great.

• Like 1
CosmicCanine

Euphyllia huh? Well I got a video of "my" Hammer, thats guaranteed to blow your mind! B)

ticZZZR.jpg?1

IMG_0954.jpg

iQOeFau.jpg?1

IMG_2959.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

wow great thread .. with some amazing photos. hopefully I will upgrade my camera and learn to take a photo of my beloved frogspawn.

It's phases mood and actions have captivated me for the two weeks I have had my tank, got to say Euphyllia is a great coral.

Not keen on bubbles but some of the hammers are great.

I have a few I've recently obtained, and one that's been with me a while. I recently started my collection so I plan on adding a few more here and there.

https://flic.kr/p/rwxouW

https://flic.kr/p/rP31W4

https://flic.kr/p/rP3qYT

That's it for now, more to come later though for sure!

You guys have some nice corals! Love the video man!

• Like 1
righttirefire

I want to be part of the cool kids club

20150317_173855_zpsyzpmugam.jpg

never mind the dirty glass it's an ongoing battle, but I'm happy to report I'm finally starting to win

• Like 2