Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

reefernanoman
Yeah, it's better to hear it from the horses mouth.[/quote

They say you need 2 to cover the cube if you want good par levels.

What? well that sucks! You might as well get a nanobox minitide then! I'm 99% sure that the minitide is enough for a cube. Right Dave? Dave's website says that it can work for tanks up to 18 inches long. I just noticed that the biocube 29G is 20" x 21" x 18-5/8" high.

Actually the tank is L22.375 x W24.375 x H20.625 so the mine is definitely out.

The duo would work and I love how the light looks and the performance spec but it's way over my budget and being in the army and can't go over that the tide duo is not an option witch sucks cause Dave you light looks amazing

• Like 1

Got fed up with waiting on this, so I bought a Kessil A160. Would have gotten a Nanobox mini, but I had $250 in store credit at the lfs I had to use.

I've read nothing but good things on the 160. Did you get the controller or using something else.

• Like 1

I went ahead and got the controller and gooseneck as well. It's going to go on a PicoAquariums 5g. Eventually I may get one of the RedSea Reefer Nanos, in which case I'll get a PAR bulb for the Pico and move the A160 to the Reefer.

Still waiting! I Thoth about giving up and canceling my preorder to get the kessil, but I really want the prime! So I'm going to suffer and wait it out. Hopefully this month it comes.

This is stupid!!! Right now as I am posting this there is a banner add from Marine Depot for the AI Prime for $199. I click add to cart go to pay and get the pre order message. WTF. I have tried to buy one since November I think Ecotech is killing the AI brand. I am pretty sure we will never see that light. I have a Hydra and Director from the beta days. Yes the Director was all kinds of buggy but they provided top notch tech support to make the problems right. Yes sometimes it was not convenient as they were a 9 to 5 operation mon - fri but the guys at AI never left me without a solution. I despise Ecotech they are everything that is wrong with this hobby...They price gouge us BIG TIME they think their business is like Apple and the MAP pricing is just Bullsh@t. I just ordered a Kessil 160e and the Kessil controller. Hey Ecotech you products are over priced and what you have done since you TOOK over AI sucks ass!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Hopefully the Mods dont delete ^^^^ as some other forums would. God forbid you talk negative about a sponsor.

Well your experience with ecotech doesn't mirror everyone here. I had a defective MP10 straight from the box, so they sent me a dry side with no hassles. It has been running flawlessly since then (about a year and a half). Now it's Apex controlled. I'm very satisfied with ecotech, so not everyone hates them. You loose some, you win some.

If you are tired of waiting check out my Mini Tide. Comes with mounting arm, controller ( not wireless ) and custom colors. It is a little more but each is made by hand ( myself ). $300

-Dave

Dave your stuff is soo nice. But the wireless net interfaces are so cool. If the the guys at Ecotech can hire a 12 year old in China to write code for them I think you could do the same.

Well your experience with ecotech doesn't mirror everyone here. I had a defective MP10 straight from the box, so they sent me a dry side with no hassles. It has been running flawlessly since then (about a year and a half). Now it's Apex controlled. I'm very satisfied with ecotech, so not everyone hates them. You loose some, you win some.

I am glad you are happy with your defective out of box $300 powerhead.......you just proved my point.

AI Prime comes out March 15th in Canada.

That's funny. Was supposed to ship in December in the states. Can you order me one as I have been waiting since November
  • Like 1
reefernanoman

I am glad you are happy with your defective out of box $300 powerhead.......you just proved my point.

$300? it wasn't $300 it was like $230. Well that can happen to ANY product.

Trying not to piss off everybody here. But this is a bunch of crap AI has this light made. I have seen one, touched one and controlled one. This light was unfortunate enough to come out around the same time as the ecotech buy out. I am done with ecotech overpriced crap.

reefernanoman

Trying not to piss off everybody here. But this is a bunch of crap AI has this light made. I have seen one, touched one and controlled one. This light was unfortunate enough to come out around the same time as the ecotech buy out. I am done with ecotech overpriced crap.

Free speech my friend. You are entitled to state your opinion and experience with a company, just as I am. That's how I look at it.

$300? it wasn't $300 it was like $230. Well that can happen to ANY product.

You got a deal. Or bought them after one of there price reductions . Nice pumps the dry side is unattractive and loud imo. Jebao or tunze makes a better power head. This thread was not about the crap you all overpay for. But was about the the light we will probably never see

The product has been distributed, its AI who is delaying the "go ahead."

You mean Ecotech is holding it up

You mean Ecotech is holding it up

Sure.. All in all I can't wait to get my lights in. They look extremely promising, Can someone clarify if myAI is available on iOS?

• Like 1