ReefCleaners.org

mpsti05 ReefSavvy Oasis.... nanobox wide quad goodness

mpsti05

Dos is on the way woot woot I'm excited about it and the control freak in me loves being able to control everything via my iphone. Need to locate some cable management stuff at hd. I like the little plastic box ones that open on one end and I can run all the cords threw them. Or maybe amazon will have some stuff

Control is good.... Controlling your camera to get some new pics would be great :)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes yes I agree, I'm on vacation for the next 9 days so I'll get a large pic update in there after my water change.

So the dos will be here Monday and I'm going to make my own dosing containers using two large oxo cylinders. Drill a hole in the lid and put a 1/4" acrylic rod in the container and use two 1/4” Mur-lok Push Connect Bulkhead Tank Adapters in the lid. The tubing is larger with the dos (3.3mm) so hopefully it fits in the push connect with no issues and forms a good seal. Got the idea from brs so hopefully it works ok.

Dos is here. Gotta figure out where the hell to mount it inside the stand, although they say it can just on the floor aswell so well see. Just updated the apex to 4.33bd14 so it's already to be hooked up. Dosing container mini project will probably arrive weds or thurs so I don't know if I should just wait till there here and set it all up at the same time or not. Also ordered another gal of ESv cal and alk and Red Sea refills for alk and cal testing.

I want a Dos soooooo bad, but more for continuous water changes than dosing. You'll have to keep us updated on how you like it.

Dos is here. Gotta figure out where the hell to mount it inside the stand, although they say it can just on the floor aswell so well see. Just updated the apex to 4.33bd14 so it's already to be hooked up. Dosing container mini project will probably arrive weds or thurs so I don't know if I should just wait till there here and set it all up at the same time or not. Also ordered another gal of ESv cal and alk and Red Sea refills for alk and cal testing.

Good luck setting it up and with the container project.

Good luck setting it up and with the container project.

Thanks I was gonna do exactly what your doing but after watching one of brs vids on there 2 part dosing with oxo containers I jacked two of the fiancé's containers and ordered the parts lol

Happy Vacation time!!!!

Yep chill for 9 days is the plan, it's my 15yr anniversary with Costco so I had to burn some time. Kinda scary I've spent half my life working for them.

I want a Dos soooooo bad, but more for continuous water changes than dosing. You'll have to keep us updated on how you like it.

Will do.

Neptune Dos installed and diy oxo dosing containers made! The oxo containers were easy to make and pretty awesome. I'm toying with the idea of making a electrical box next to the stand and moving all the apex stuff into it cause my stand is full!

C9393B2C-ADBF-421A-9F5F-34361DFA3C6E_zps

9C264F4F-FD27-4304-A0F2-41519ADF41C6_zps

9FEEBA0E-0151-4E15-BA17-F28A61A67A33_zps

Very nice sump set up

Thanks! Synergy makes a killer sump but now i kinda want a larger one lol

Nice job on those dosing containers!

Those dosing containers are nice! Much better than just using the bionic jugs lol.

Thanks! Super easy to make and only about 35 bucks. I probably coulda used the ones that were one size smaller but hey 2.3L worth is fine as some day I'm sure I'll be using more and more cal and alk

Well adjusted the dos a bit. Still a young reef and at the 6 month mark. Alk 8.5 (Red Sea) with 8ml of Alk a day. Cal 420 (Red Sea) with 16ml of cal a day. Need to test mag again. A few weeks ago it was about 1300. Need to order nitrate and phosphate test kits cause this HA I thought would slowly die off is not. Salifert?

I may have missed it but can you link me to the dosing containers you DIY?

-Dave

I picked out the correct parts on there website. You just have to make sure to drill a tiny hole in the lid aswell. Pretty easy but make sure you have the right drill bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Grrrrrr KPA got there mated jawfish back in...... Do purchase or not to purchase. And there's a local fragswap today, must convince fiancé to go with

• 3 weeks later...

^Thanks!

Ordered salifert nitrate and phosphate test kits today with brs. Would finally like to know where I'm at. Radion is almost at peak of 80% @14k for an hour and a half. Will slowly extend 2 hours for my total peak time. And keep going till I get to 85% and see what things look like. Gonna grab some more frags of sps soon and probably another frogspawn for the fiancé.

Also tested alk and cal with my new test kit refills, alk. 7.7 and cal was 500+! Old test kits showed alk 8.0 and cal 440.

So salifert nitrate and phos kits came in. Tested both..... 0

I'm a bit confused as I thought I'd have a little of both, well at least measurable. Considering I've got HA in a few areas

Archived