Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

mpsti05 ReefSavvy Oasis.... nanobox wide quad goodness

mpsti05

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you running the wide angle tir lenes on the new clusters and or the standard tir lenes?

I have the standard ones in right now, but I do have a pair of the wide angle lens somewhere in my fish room. With the light hanging about 12" above the water line I've got pretty good coverage to all the corners, I may throw um on and see how much wider it'll get again. Used um before for about a week, the spread was nicer but all my sps weren't happy, I didn't mess with raising the intensity as I probably should have.

Apex ALD installed, 3 probes, one on the stand behind the tank under the ghostoverflow, one inside the stand and one on the floor behind the stand. So the fiancé goes it's about time you get rid of the towels on the floor behind the stand lol. I've had them there since I set the tank up as my just incase of drippage haha. Now to program it a bit. Bulls and Hawks on tonight. Also got some cheato from Indy! Thanks again.

Also realized tonight I had to redo all the advanced programing for my apex, which isn't difficult just strange it all disappeared while in between moves for the 2months I didn't use the apex. Ehhh oh well, all outlets good to go now, hopefully this damn rainbow bta stays put tonight....

Decided to test cal and alk today since I picked up a green slimmer frag and shall be getting an sps goody bag of sps from zia soon. Cal 350 and alk 7ish... Guess it's time to start dosing, well shoulda been dosing but with just a frag of the katapora I figured it'd be ok, thought wrong. With probably 50ish gallons total water volume. Maybe I'll start with 20ml of each today and test tomorrow to see where it's at.

Cal 380ish alk 8.4, dosing about 15ml of cal and alk once a day. But didn't dose alk today and still 8.4 so I'm gonna cut back slightly on alk and increase cal to 20ml

NorthGaHillbilly

Looking great man. Hopefully the nem gets happy and stays in place. I placed mine high in the rock work, with several holes to pull back into if it felt like it, which it looks like youve done too, and havent had it move in 4 or 5 months. Ive yet to really get why some tanks drink up alk and Ca, while some barely do. I understand that high rates of growth will soak it up, but your needing dosing without much to use it up... weird.

Yep only two pieces of sps till weds :) then I should have a goody box loaded if all goes well! kinda odd right now. Seen your loaded frag rack lookin killer

NorthGaHillbilly

Yep only two pieces of sps till weds :) then I should have a goody box loaded if all goes well! kinda odd right now. Seen your loaded frag rack lookin killer

Its getting there, not sure what got into me with those weeds I got, but such is life. Looking forward to seeing what you get this coming week.

Did a water change today and was starring at the Katapora! It's encrusted over the glue, has a nice greenish blue base to it with purpleish tips. And you can see the green slimmer in there too, mad pe on that one most of time. Iphone blue pic sorryhttp://smg.photobucket.com/user/mpintegra96/media/4B7655B0-1DE4-43BD-B5B7-B432A25109A4_zpszcfolrp8.jpg.html'>4B7655B0-1DE4-43BD-B5B7-B432A25109A4_zps

Gotta treat my Katapora right since poor Kats colony suffered after the transfer.

Archived