Pod Your Reef

mpsti05 ReefSavvy Oasis.... nanobox wide quad goodness

mpsti05

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Entertaining morning drinking some coffee watching the tank... The midas blenny has been doing this all morning. I think he's confused or lost his mind in a glass box.

How has the midas done overall, other than loosing his mind this morning? Ive been thinking about getting one.

How has the midas done overall, other than loosing his mind this morning? Ive been thinking about getting one.

I've had them in the past and always have been awesome, active fish with lots of personality. This guy has been great since day one. Even after he jumped out and attacked me when I first put him in. Explores and follows me around the tank if I go from side to side. Probably yelling feed me asshole!

NorthGaHillbilly

I've had them in the past and always have been awesome, active fish with lots of personality. This guy has been great since day one. Even after he jumped out and attacked me when I first put him in. Explores and follows me around the tank if I go from side to side. Probably yelling feed me asshole!

Good stuff, Im trying to come up with a fish list now that Ive got the tank running.

Any luck getting your siphon to self prime?

Good stuff, Im trying to come up with a fish list now that Ive got the tank running.

Any luck getting your siphon to self prime?

Nope the main siphon still doesn't, the over flow box starts to just fill up past it then the secondary catches, I'll be doing a water change today so maybe I'll let it run like that for 10min and see if it catches.

NorthGaHillbilly

Nope the main siphon still doesn't, the over flow box starts to just fill up past it then the secondary catches, I'll be doing a water change today so maybe I'll let it run like that for 10min and see if it catches.

Let me know how it goes, mine just plain wont start on its own :blink:

Let me know how it goes, mine just plain wont start on its own :blink:

Same never primed till I lifted it up to let the air pocket out..... I've got some more 1" PVC t's and 90's and sheet I'm gonna try and play around with.

Soooo house warming/engagement party with 40 people in your house when it's snowing outside can drop your ph from 8.45 to 7.68 pretty fast....

Lol yep I told um I was opening up the windows and they all laughed at me!

You're a better man than I . Instead of letting the heat out, I would have sent them outside .

Dis damn midas blenny is a pain in the ass. Trying to dig himself holes under the rocks and spitting sand all over the place on the rock and frag rack.

Gen2 to Gen3pro cluster ordered for the radion... I just can't bring myself to switch, Id love a ati retro nanobox someday but for atleast another yr or so I love controlling my lite via apex fusion.

Also will be ordering apex ALD and 4 sensors which go on sale Friday

I love mine. Saved my tank twice now. Worth every penny. If you don't have a break out box, you might want to get one of those too. I love my set up with the float switch on the skimmate reservoir.

Ordered gen3 pro clusters from ecotech. Ordered apex ald with 3 probs, 6 more filter socks and some more filter pads for the reactors. Also scored a nice little rainbow bta from a local reefer taking her tank down!

Gen3pro clusters came in early. Put the suckers in around 2... Definitly seems a bit brighter and I like the color more then my gen2 clusters.

Archived