Top Shelf Aquatics

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

How is the fragging plan coming along?

I'm too scared! The sinularia really is one of my favorite pieces! But every few days when it's super happy and extended, the tippy top tips graze the powerhead in the corner. I have to do something soon though!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 months old!!

16401138419_9dd743d153.jpg

WP_20150219_002 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Looks soooo pretty. I think the green trumpets are my favorite thing in there...but there's so much to choose from :). The color on them is perfect...a soft shade of the prettiest green :wub:. Are they the neon variety? Because they look different from mine. I would pay for a frag of yours ;).

Looks soooo pretty. I think the green trumpets are my favorite thing in there...but there's so much to choose from :). The color on them is perfect...a soft shade of the prettiest green :wub:. Are they the neon variety? Because they look different from mine. I would pay for a frag of yours ;).

Thank youuu!

I dunno if they are a specific type, but the color in the picture is very accurate. They were only $11, so I thought I'd give em a try! All three heads are splitting, so if they continue to be happy and grow, maybe we can work something out!

Thank youuu!

I dunno if they are a specific type, but the color in the picture is very accurate. They were only $11, so I thought I'd give em a try! All three heads are splitting, so if they continue to be happy and grow, maybe we can work something out!

They are one of my favorite corals...I'm always on the look-out for an unusual or different color. I love when my favorite corals are "cheapy" corals :lol:.

Your trumpets are hugenormous compared to my little turquoise ones. I love your purple gorg all front and center and want to try that too. I thought the Morgonian would be the one but it practically bent in half from the flow.

Your trumpets are hugenormous compared to my little turquoise ones. I love your purple gorg all front and center and want to try that too. I thought the Morgonian would be the one but it practically bent in half from the flow.

My trumpets puff up pretty much all time time! They are HUGE! I'm sure that's also why all three heads are in the process of splitting right now, they are all so happy! Even after a few weeks ago, falling into the mouth of my plate and getting damaged - they bounced back so fast!

I'm really loving my two gorgs! The little pink one needs a better spot, as that left side is where I'm having a cyano issue, plus you can't really see it. However, that is the side facing my front door, and my view when I come home every day.

My trumpets puff up pretty much all time time! They are HUGE! I'm sure that's also why all three heads are in the process of splitting right now, they are all so happy! Even after a few weeks ago, falling into the mouth of my plate and getting damaged - they bounced back so fast!

I'm really loving my two gorgs! The little pink one needs a better spot, as that left side is where I'm having a cyano issue, plus you can't really see it. However, that is the side facing my front door, and my view when I come home every day.

My trumpets mostly puff up now in their new(ish) spot, but no where near like yours. I'm pretty sure two of them at their fullest would fit in one of yours' mouth :lol:

I'm liking my gorgs in the 20 too! Need to add more. I want a purple one like yours :wub:

My trumpets mostly puff up now in their new(ish) spot, but no where near like yours. I'm pretty sure two of them at their fullest would fit in one of yours' mouth :lol:

I'm liking my gorgs in the 20 too! Need to add more. I want a purple one like yours :wub:

I've seen it for sale in a few places (that I can't remember) as a "candelabra" gorg.

I want yellow and red ones now!!

I am really getting pissed off with my hermits.

The two chill, mellow ones that came with my tank are now dead. I haven't seen them in weeks so I'm pretty sure they are not just hiding and molting. All I have left are about 8 spastic blue-legged hermits that pull food out of all my corals mouths. This is why my RFA is gonna kick the bucket. I try to feed my tank and "distract" the hermits with food at the front while I try to get some food to my slowly shrinking RFA. Then a hermit pops up out of nowhere and has dinner out of my RFA's face.

When I need to beef up my CUC and get one for tank #2 I'll be going snail only.

I just hope my RFA can outlive these little food thieves. :angry:

The two chill, mellow ones that came with my tank are now dead. I haven't seen them in weeks so I'm pretty sure they are not just hiding and molting. All I have left are about 8 spastic blue-legged hermits that pull food out of all my corals mouths. This is why my RFA is gonna kick the bucket. I try to feed my tank and "distract" the hermits with food at the front while I try to get some food to my slowly shrinking RFA. Then a hermit pops up out of nowhere and has dinner out of my RFA's face.

Ugh, dislike. This is why I can't have hermits. I'm not sure how much I like my bristlestars either. :unsure:

Ugh, dislike. This is why I can't have hermits. I'm not sure how much I like my bristlestars either. :unsure:

They were never much of an issue until I got my RFA's and acans. Easily accessible for hermits greedy little claws!!

While my red bristle starfish is beautiful, he's getting bigger and bigger. It's an easy reach for him now to steal food from my acans without ever coming out from under his rock :angry:

I only have two or three hermits so they're easy to keep under control. If they get obstreperous, I just pick them up with tongs and transport them to the opposite corner of the tank. By the time they make their way back the food is gone :)

i'd get rid of them, kimber. i mean, for real.

i know you are very kind to your critters BUT you have

to understand this is RFA bullying, and i hate to say it,

hermits are a dime a dozen and it's HARD to get RFA now.

consider giving them away or to the LFS or something.

i would definitely keep away from any aggressive critters in

the future tank. and i only ever kept a few cerith snails as my

clean up crew. ha! good luck!

i'd get rid of them, kimber. i mean, for real.

i know you are very kind to your critters BUT you have

to understand this is RFA bullying, and i hate to say it,

hermits are a dime a dozen and it's HARD to get RFA now.

consider giving them away or to the LFS or something.

i would definitely keep away from any aggressive critters in

the future tank. and i only ever kept a few cerith snails as my

clean up crew. ha! good luck!

I could bring them over to BF's tank, but they would just end up as wrasse food... :unsure:

I am too nice!

I could bring them over to BF's tank, but they would just end up as wrasse food... :unsure:

I am too nice!

sounds good to me! weigh the options:

1. mean hermits nicely donated as buffet to pretty fish.

2. sickly or dead RFA.

sorry, this is what it means to be middle aged and hard assed. haha!

How do you know if something is bleaching from too much light .vs fading from not enough light?

December 31 VS. February 26th

15676974153_40dfb26e00.jpg16451093217_10d5cd0d6c.jpg

You can see the tippy top tip is kinds growing, but holy wow that lack of color!! :(

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

:wub:

Name?

I named him Jonas. :wub:

That one's a very good looking guy you brought home as a rash decision KimberBee. :wub:

He seems to be happy and cruising around. Picking pods off the rocks like a good little guy. Definitely not interested in frozen, so I'll just make sure I buy extra pods every once in a while.

Archived