ReefCleaners.org

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I almost missed my eight month tank shot!!

16713565678_039a18c00f_z.jpg

Happy 8 :happydance:.

Looks beautiful!!!! Did you ever end up having to frag that green leather coral?

Happy 8 :happydance:.

Looks beautiful!!!! Did you ever end up having to frag that green leather coral?

I should, but I haven't. It's the floppy one in the back right corner. It'll get done eventually though, and some will go into tank #2!

Also, you can see Jonas still hunting for his food just behind the green plate. That's where I feed him at dinner time, which was just before I took this picture. I've been mixing spirulia brine with the bloodworms hoping he'll get a little variety in his diet!

This coral is amazing! I am very new to this forum. (Obviously) I found your thread and read it from the beginning. You and your tank are so inspiring! I just started a IM Fusion 20 about a month ago. It's just a baby tank but I have high hopes that one day it too will be an inspiration. Having a great time following you.

This coral is amazing! I am very new to this forum. (Obviously) I found your thread and read it from the beginning. You and your tank are so inspiring! I just started a IM Fusion 20 about a month ago. It's just a baby tank but I have high hopes that one day it too will be an inspiration. Having a great time following you.

Thanks and welcome to the forum! You should start a thread for your tank! I'm in the midst of starting up a second tank that is also an IM Fusion 20! I just don't have it linked in my signature yet! ;)

AH! OMG! LOOKIT! DEM TINY LITTLE FLOWERY POLYPS! THEY ARE TOO ADORABLE!! :wub:

16724548978_ebd0b1638a.jpg

O wow, that coral is so cool. It is my favorite too. I am going to be watching yours and am considering getting one too!

O wow, that coral is so cool. It is my favorite too. I am going to be watching yours and am considering getting one too!

:wub: I rarely see them at LFS around me, so even though it was a more expensive coral than I normally buy ($60), I just HAD to have it. Plus, it was my "congrats on the promotion" present to myself!

Thanks and welcome to the forum! You should start a thread for your tank! I'm in the midst of starting up a second tank that is also an IM Fusion 20! I just don't have it linked in my signature yet! ;)

Thanks, I've thought about starting one. Can't wait to see your 20 Fusion adventure!

:wub: I rarely see them at LFS around me, so even though it was a more expensive coral than I normally buy ($60), I just HAD to have it. Plus, it was my "congrats on the promotion" present to myself!

Hey I am from the Chicagoland area also . Can I ask where you got this ?

Hey I am from the Chicagoland area also . Can I ask where you got this ?

Aquatica in Tinley Park. I've gotten a few things from there. They only had two spiral corals, the other one was blue-ish and the polyps were not as open as this one. I am sooooo happy with the way this one looks! I just hope I can feed it enough!

Aquatica in Tinley Park. I've gotten a few things from there. They only had two spiral corals, the other one was blue-ish and the polyps were not as open as this one. I am sooooo happy with the way this one looks! I just hope I can feed it enough!

Thanks I have not been there I will have to check em out,

AH! OMG! LOOKIT! DEM TINY LITTLE FLOWERY POLYPS! THEY ARE TOO ADORABLE!! :wub:

16724548978_ebd0b1638a.jpg

I love it! :wub: That is so awesome, I may have to get a third tank just so I can have room for one :lol:

Wait - you got a promotion? How did I miss that? Congratulations! :flower:

Nems on the move again as the slowly get smaller and smaller...

Good news is that they moved to an area where I can at least attempt to feed them. Going to try reef roids twice a week since they are so small, as well as shooting a little brine their way once a week. Trying to balance feeding enough with not over feeding... :slap:

The stock pump is going out. Sometimes it doesn't turn on after dinner time.

I need to figure out how to take it apart as much as I can to clean/fix it, or figure out how to un-wire it from the lid so I can replace it...

I've been reading through this thread as we're just about to start a Biocube in the bedroom, and I've just made it to the end. Absolutely beautiful tank! You've done a marvelous job and have some great updates on your thread. Thanks for sharing it! :)

Archived