ReefCleaners.org

Chris' 40B

Chris!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the shot- nice big pieces of rock to fill up

They actually aren't overly huge. I think the longest pieces individually are around 8-10" most are about 6" tho...... ok I guess for the site they are kinda huge :wacko:

Cute puppy.

Been wanting to do a skimmer size comparison pic for a while, but haven't had a chance to fully breaking down my ones that are in use to clean and do it so how bout a skimmer cup comparison instead....

IMAG1047_zps1ztaqy7q.jpg

On the left is the beastly Bubble Magus BM 220-A (rated for 260-400g),Middle Bubble Magus BM 180-A (rated for 130-210 then the toy SCA 302 (rated for... 180g).... LMAO

The 220A is what will be going on the Miracles tank. The 180A did a great job on my 70g and could have easily handled more. The sca couldn't hold its own on my 40B.

Where did you get the white tubing?

Here is a macro of the actual piece that will be going into the new tank. Shot this one around 18-20k w/ flash....

DSC_1159_zpsca5efa44.jpg

And here is a little better pic of the larger frag I cut that shows its colors alot better...

DSC_1130_zpse39e3e4d.jpg

And a smaller frag showing the orange coming in better....

DSC_1164_zpsf2900e7f.jpg

Finally starting to color back up....

DSC_1168_zps9dc9e61b.jpg

:wub:

Good morning, I read on Lawns thread that you like wrasses. Contemplating a flasher wrasse, was thinking McCoskers or carpenters. Probably should add a female too right, or they won't flash?

Unfortunately, most flashers will eventually become male, and locating females at all,let alone the same species, is a huge pain in the ass. If you can find them, treat the harem like anthias, which is to say multiple female's to divert the makes attention. Luckily they aren't as sexually aggressive iirc. Also, multiple males of different species will flash at one another with minimal actual aggression, although Chris will probably have to chime in on that

+1

I'll just add that they will still flash without a female just not as often w/o a female or other males typically, and if you really want them to flash add multiple males of different species.

The dt is still empty, just some rock. Started everything dry so been planning a longer cycle, probably won't add anything for atleast a couple weeks while I wait out the cycle and for all the bacterias to do their thing. Then I will toss in a couple things see how they go for a little while before putting much else in.....

Here is a pic I took earlier real quick tho:

IMAG1073_1_zpshupjekuj.jpg

Sorry about all the glares and overall crap pic, took it more for myself to look at the angles and see how it photos after the talk about possibly to much rock with the wife lol

Too much rock nothing. Good looking scape imo.

Too much rock nothing. Good looking scape imo.

Its hard to see but that right side was just kinda blah and reminded me to much of an old school rockwall... its been changed but still not 100% happy with it yet.

Its hard to see but that right side was just kinda blah and reminded me to much of an old school rockwall... its been changed but still not 100% happy with it yet.
I've become a big fan of drilling and using acrylic rods/pvc for dynamic scapes, it opens up a lot of cool options

Of course, I became a huge fan of the multiple patch reef look to, not for everyone

Try taking a few rock and cutting them, that is what I did to achieve more flat surfaces.

Its not so much a need for smaller pieces or flatter surfaces in person as it is that the previous scape doesn't really showcase the depth of this beast. Its 30" front to back but looked 12" lol I dunno its kinda hard to explain, but I'll get it sorted out sooner or later. I do like the newer scape a little better just not 100% yet.

I've become a big fan of drilling and using acrylic rods/pvc for dynamic scapes, it opens up a lot of cool options

I did something similar but with emarco on the left side which I am very happy with. I am leaning towards doing something similar with the right side as well..... if I don't come up with something I like in the next day or two that will be the plan tho :)

Of course, I became a huge fan of the multiple patch reef look to, not for everyone

Patch look??? Never heard of it, unless u mean the multiple island look which is basically what I am trying to do....

Its not so much a need for smaller pieces or flatter surfaces in person as it is that the previous scape doesn't really showcase the depth of this beast. Its 30" front to back but looked 12" lol I dunno its kinda hard to explain, but I'll get it sorted out sooner or later. I do like the newer scape a little better just not 100% yet.

I did something similar but with emarco on the left side which I am very happy with. I am leaning towards doing something similar with the right side as well..... if I don't come up with something I like in the next day or two that will be the plan tho :)

Patch look??? Never heard of it, unless u mean the multiple island look which is basically what I am trying to do....

Its basically what 4x5s reef looks, only I prefer a bit more meat to each island. Valleys and ledges are always good,never been a fan of arches. That's why my tank is 30"front to back too, I'm basically going to have a dozen separate patches of reef. Looks really cool when mature, although most people stick to two or three islands.

Nice looking dog sir. I too own a horse dog lol

Nice what do you have? You can post a pic too if ya want, I don't mind :)

Its basically what 4x5s reef looks, only I prefer a bit more meat to each island. Valleys and ledges are always good,never been a fan of arches. That's why my tank is 30"front to back too, I'm basically going to have a dozen separate patches of reef. Looks really cool when mature, although most people stick to two or three islands.

Oh ok yeah got ya..... mine will likely ultimately be something similar to that but with 2-3 larger structures as well as several smaller patches. The tank is 24" tall as well so a bunch of 6" or less high pieces wouldn't really look right either to me..... Plus it'd be hard to grow sps on the bottom without frying chalices as well lol

Oh ok yeah got ya..... mine will likely ultimately be something similar to that but with 2-3 larger structures as well as several smaller patches. The tank is 24" tall as well so a bunch of 6" or less high pieces wouldn't really look right either to me..... Plus it'd be hard to grow sps on the bottom without frying chalices as well lol

Oh I'm going to have some large pieces, it would be kind of lame if it was just 12 pieces of LR on the sand lol. I made a few towers for just that reason, went straight up with the LR and made ledges to mount coral as I went. My tank is only 12" deep though, so what works for me might not do it for you unless you're a fan of negative space. If I where in your shoes, I think I'd do one big tall island on the left, then progressively smaller to the right, varying the depth front to back. That's me though, and I liked your scape the way it was honestly. At the end of the day, it'll be covered with coral in a year or two any way.

I can't via phone I have a few on my thread I think. I have a welsh corgi and a rottweiler.

German rotts are definitely the best, so much truer to form! :)

Her dad is American standard so she is thick and tall good blend of.both weighs in at 125 which.is 10 lbs over female standard but she's proportional so no worries. 4 generation pedigree

I know alot of the bigger breeds are starting to get away from the max weight standards and just setting a minimum weight. My pup is a "designer mix" but already huge for either breed pushing close to 100lbs if not already, at only 5.5 months. Shes about 26" tall at the shoulder already as well. :wacko:

IMAG1086_zpsntsyxnvs.jpg

FTS as of 45 seconds ago LOL

Still not 100% liking it, definitely don't love it. The piece connecting the 2 islands needs to go for sure but other then that not sure.....

IMAG1086_zpsntsyxnvs.jpg

FTS as of 45 seconds ago LOL

Still not 100% liking it, definitely don't love it. The piece connecting the 2 islands needs to go for sure but other then that not sure.....

I agree with the middle bridge needs to go. I like the left side, but that right side tower is lacking something.

Archived