Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' 40B

Chris!

Yeah its not entirely that blue IRL but definitely on the blue side enough the phone cant handle it LOL

Yeah the pup is HUGE, she is around 27" at the shoulder already as well. Looking at different dogs between both her breeds and their typical growth she is off the charts for her age.... hell she is getting real close to being breed standard size a full grown adult of either breed already, with 1.5-2.5 yrs more of growth to go :o

I added in a few more pieces of coral tonight as well, I'll try to get some new pics up in the next few days!

What breed is she- I am figuring Great Dane and.......... What lights are you running on this set up?

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What breed is she- I am figuring Great Dane and..........

She is a "Daniff" Great Dane/ English Mastiff "designer breed" :wacko: lol

What lights are you running on this set up?

I actually went with El Cheapo Evergrows..... I have 3 over the tank within a 40"x21" floating canopy. The two outside ones are blues only, and the middle one is running full spectrum, w/ whites just barely on. I ran them on my grow out systems and was happy so figured I'd give em a shot on the display as well.

She is a "Daniff" Great Dane/ English Mastiff "designer breed" :wacko: lol

I actually went with El Cheapo Evergrows..... I have 3 over the tank within a 40"x21" floating canopy. The two outside ones are blues only, and the middle one is running full spectrum, w/ whites just barely on. I ran them on my grow out systems and was happy so figured I'd give em a shot on the display as well.

A daniff that's awesome haha. Dogs that make mine look like a small dog lol.

A daniff that's awesome haha.

Yeah I know..... fancy mutts these days. Thanks Goldendoodles LOL

Dogs that make mine look like a small dog lol.

Don't feel bad, I have a feeling she is going to make ALOT of dogs look small!

So far everything is doing really good with the new system. So, here are few shots:

Looking down the length of the tank..

DSC_1368_zpsc5cea190.jpg

Scape head on (had to dial back the flow some to get the sand to stay put since..)

DSC_1369_zpsc328c8fa.jpg

Angle shot after 1st round of additions:

DSC_1399_zpsa6a2c328.jpg

Current angle shot after round 2:

DSC_1438_zps7c42462e.jpg

This welso gets HUGE n puffy:

DSC_1437_zps98591cd6.jpg

And here is an ultra blue phone pic hahaha...

IMAG1180_1_zpsdst7ub7y.jpg

Holy shit, pictures of a tank. I'd given up. :)

Understandable, me too. Don't get to excited tho, probably won't be much going on for a while again.

Lots of platforms for Acros.

Maybe someday.

Alright its been a crazy ass week that I really don't ever want to repeat and wouldn't wish on anyone.... so I added another one of my chalices, a neon green torch, and another welso (seems like something else too but I can't remember....) today when we got home. I didn't get any new pics yet tho, sorry I suck :( I'll try to get some this week but I won't make any promises its gonna be kinda crazy around here for a little while still.

And here is a shot of the pup (6 months, 108 lbs now....)

IMAG1176_zpsmllazkre.jpg

Pup looks like she's a healthy eater. Considered a Daniff when I was looking for a pup a few years ago. Settled on pure bred Harlequin Dane though. Mine's quite "dainty" at 101 lbs...

Pup looks like she's a healthy eater. Considered a Daniff when I was looking for a pup a few years ago. Settled on pure bred Harlequin Dane though. Mine's quite "dainty" at 101 lbs...

Yeah she definitely isn't missing any meals lol I was actually looking for a pure bred English Mastiff, but when we found here we knew she was the right fit for us :)

If you have any pics of your Dane feel free to post em up I don't mind :)

I'm really sorry to tell you, but I think whoever you got your dog from actually gave you a horse...

Yeah I thought I was getting a mini horse.... :wacko: lol

Glad 2014 is over tho, the last week especially really sucked. Hope everyone is having a good, safe, and prosperous new year so far!! :)

Yeah she definitely isn't missing any meals lol I was actually looking for a pure bred English Mastiff, but when we found here we knew she was the right fit for us :)

If you have any pics of your Dane feel free to post em up I don't mind :)

Here she is. Quite the clown...

That wells is sick!!!

Thanks man! Here is an older shot of it when it was still in the basement....

DSC_0480_zpse906c61c.jpg

Kicking myself in the ass for not just bringing this one up too, but of course didn't wanna risk it just yet with the system still being really new...

DSC_0480_zps532493cc.jpg

Its not doing so well, the entire rainbow rim has shed and it is BLEACHED!!!! bad, the last few weeks have been super crazy between busting my ass to get the kitchen done for Christmas, and spending the last week in the hospital with the littlest one that the only thing I had time for tank wise was to throw water in the top offs.... of course get a chance to do some much needed maintenance today stick my hand in one of the basement systems and get a nice zap, 1200w of heaters all throwing voltage. My lobos and that welso took the hardest hit it looks like, and all three of my yellow coris are missing too :(

Anyways in some good news, I think I am going to get some new fish next week.... planning a yellow eye kole tang, maybe a powder blue or brown too... then who knows what else kinda want a few small bs fish so might grab some chromis or anthias too.... or a bunch of mollies or somethin lol Probably bring the old yellow tang up out of the basement when I add in the other tang(s) as well.

NorthGaHillbilly

I really hate to hear about your little one Chris. I hope he's feeling better and was still able to have a good christmas.

I really dig that second welso. Im not too fond of welsos usually, but that one really is something else.

Oh yea, glad you didn't fry with the heaters

Archived