Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' 40B

Chris!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added my (larger) yellow right after my kole and they are buds.

How much bigger was the yellow and was he kinda dickish before? Mine is kinda territorial and is atleast 2-3 times the size of my kole.

jedimasterben

My powder brown is a huge asshole. He slaps the shit out of anything that I added after him. He calms down after a day or two, but man he is a dick.

Atleast one of my black mollies had babies today. Most have become a free snack I'm pretty sure as I've only seen a couple floating around. Guess I don't have to feed today :lol:

Alright, pretty much just a few random shots, I changed the settings on the camera a while ago for family pics and forgot what they were so it took me some time getting things adjusted again but I will try to get some more over the weekend :)..... Kole is still hiding quite a bit and to fast to get a decent shot right now with him 24-30" away lol

15622427443_3fb4ec23ed_z.jpg

15619883744_52436c3c45_z.jpg

16216404606_b642c260c8_z.jpg

16242309345_993d13e7b6_z.jpg

16216407006_513b3ccd69_z.jpg

16242310115_b0ec4519cf_z.jpg

FTS:

16056453067_d0aee34744_z.jpg

WOW! Looks awesome, Chris!!!!

Thanks G!! :)

16216404606_b642c260c8_z.jpg

what is this, I loves it.

Its my Exploding Apple Bowerbanki. Similar but better then a bleeding apple bower IMO :)

Agreed that is impressive- great color

Thanks man its definitely a nice center piece coral.

Here are a couple pieces I am planning to put up soon but figured I'd post em here 1st for anyone interested that follows my tank...

My Exploding Apple Bowerbanki (from mother colony above) $525 shipped. It has been fragged for close to two months now.... Closest I have been able to find to it really is the CC Patriot Bower, but that doesn't have the green and is $300 for 2 mouths:

14-15k ish taken w/ flash but the blue LEDs are fairly powerful....

16064919629_e0e26d43a0_z.jpg

And for fun blue leds only w/ flash

16225142496_6484afb265_z.jpg

Next is my Neuron Blitz chalice, 3 eyes larger then a standard frag plug- $325 shipped:

14-15k ish w/ flash but again Blue LEDs...

16064920739_a128f4a203_z.jpg

Same pic as above, just edited through lightroom to be more of a daylight shot (since I haven't been able to get a decent shot of my MC in the DT yet):

15631167243_7c91662710_z.jpg

Shipping will be FedEx overnight. Standard 2 hr DOA less actual shipping charges, if there is concern I ask to be notified before opening the bags and would like pics in the bag to indicate such. Not responsible for shipping delays or mishaps, but I'm not that big of a dick that we couldn't work something out if something out of our control happened ;) If you want to gamble I will knock $30 off each piece if you want to ship USPS priority its up to you (I'd prefer you didn't but hey everyone wants to save a buck right?), but there will be no live arrival guarantee and you assume 100% risk. I will do both pieces FedEx for $775 w/ 2 hr doa, or USPS for $725 but again no doa.

Wow- really nice- that Apple bowerbanki is really nice!

Thanks man, the bower is nuts for sure! That chalice is pretty crazy too really. I might try to shoot it under more blues, its hard to get a decent shot of it tho because it pops so much anyways.

IMAG1217_zps300r2ppq.jpg

But the oldest especially loves the fish :)

Great pic! With your mini me standing in front like that. Really puts the size of this tank into perspective. Such a pretty beast of a tank. Miracles really makes nice aquariums. Really digging the scape too. At first i was like ''whoa, lot's of rock'' but once i imagined it as shelfs and nice nooks for tons of sps. I was like ''oh, got it'' That'll look sick all filled in. Grats dude

And here is a shot of the pup (6 months, 108 lbs now....)

IMAG1176_zpsmllazkre.jpg

:o No wonder you're taking your time on this build. All the :bling: is going to feed this beast, lol I think i have a used saddle laying around somewhere. Should i mail to your kids to get max value out of that puppy :D Gorgeous dog man. Like your tank can't wait to see this puppy all grown out too. My guess 165lbs ;)

Great pic! With your mini me standing in front like that. Really puts the size of this tank into perspective.

Thanks man, it might not be the best quality pic (altho for my phone it may be lol) but its still actually my favorite pic of the tank so far. Love my little buddy :) But yeah the tank definitely dwarfs him, and he is big for his age lol

Such a pretty beast of a tank. Miracles really makes nice aquariums. Really digging the scape too. At first i was like ''whoa, lot's of rock'' but once i imagined it as shelfs and nice nooks for tons of sps. I was like ''oh, got it'' That'll look sick all filled in. Grats dude

Yeah it specs out as basically a 150, it held like 110-120 (I forgot now) after rock and sand. I kept going back and forth on the amount of rock that would actually go in too... and in alot of pics it does look like to much rock but it is also hard to capture the depth of the tank so it looks more straight across rockwallish then it really is too. Theres only 100lbs in there, but it is a very porous 100lbs. But yeah theres a few places for some acros :lol: ... I think the middle island will be branching LPS, hammers, torches, frogspawn as well as the few polyps I will add, maybe a clam or something too.

:o No wonder you're taking your time on this build. All the :bling: is going to feed this beast, lol I think i have a used saddle laying around somewhere. Should i mail to your kids to get max value out of that puppy :D Gorgeous dog man. Like your tank can't wait to see this puppy all grown out too. My guess 165lbs ;)

Yeah the big girl goes through a 40lb bag a week. Our old girl goes through 40lbs a month :lol: We have actually thought about getting her a saddle but decided against it because of the high risk of hip dysplasia she already has being a extra large breed I don't think that riding her around would help much :(

I hope your right on the weight guess tho, but I am guessing she will be around 180-200. She's only 7 months old and about 115 already. She has started to slow down for a little while because she is getting more active and playful but she is larger then most males even for her age that end up hitting 200+ lol

Thanks man, it might not be the best quality pic (altho for my phone it may be lol) but its still actually my favorite pic of the tank so far. Love my little buddy :) But yeah the tank definitely dwarfs him, and he is big for his age lol

Yeah it specs out as basically a 150, it held like 110-120 (I forgot now) after rock and sand. I kept going back and forth on the amount of rock that would actually go in too... and in alot of pics it does look like to much rock but it is also hard to capture the depth of the tank so it looks more straight across rockwallish then it really is too. Theres only 100lbs in there, but it is a very porous 100lbs. But yeah theres a few places for some acros :lol: ... I think the middle island will be branching LPS, hammers, torches, frogspawn as well as the few polyps I will add, maybe a clam or something too.

Yea, great dims! I didn't realize it was that big. That's what my tank wants to be when it grow up. One day. For now i'll just enjoy your beast knowing we have similar taste in kandies. It'll be fun to see what SPS you get your hands on. I like your idea for the middle island too.

Yeah the big girl goes through a 40lb bag a week. Our old girl goes through 40lbs a month :lol: We have actually thought about getting her a saddle but decided against it because of the high risk of hip dysplasia she already has being a extra large breed I don't think that riding her around would help much :(

I hope your right on the weight guess tho, but I am guessing she will be around 180-200. She's only 7 months old and about 115 already. She has started to slow down for a little while because she is getting more active and playful but she is larger then most males even for her age that end up hitting 200+ lol

Good grief Charlie Brown! That's a lot of grub she's putting down! With this new insider info, i'd like to change my prediction to now match yours! Imagine if it was a male! Add 25% more lbs id imagine.This animal will make for cool photo ops when she's full grown. She'll probably be taller than you when she stands against your chest. Hell she's probably there now. Maybe 7 feet fully stretched out fully grow :o

Yea riding our pet's are probably a bad idea anyway. Unless of course one's into that kind of thing :lol: But for the sake of her hips let's stay off that beauty.

Yea, great dims! I didn't realize it was that big. That's what my tank wants to be when it grow up. One day. For now i'll just enjoy your beast knowing we have similar taste in kandies. It'll be fun to see what SPS you get your hands on. I like your idea for the middle island too.

Yeah 48x30x24 tall, Miracles definitely did a stellar job on it. I'm still holding off on the sticks for a little while with everything else lately I don't trust my holding systems and I won't put anything "fresh" into the DT without a good qt, wanna keep it nice n clean. I've got an aussie gold torch that will join the neon green indo torch eventually on the middle island. I posted a couple pics of a couple of the polyps that will hit the tank pretty soon in my actual 150 thread if you wanna pop over there and check them out and stay up to date on the new DT.... I finally set that up the other night lol

Good grief Charlie Brown! That's a lot of grub she's putting down! With this new insider info, i'd like to change my prediction to now match yours! Imagine if it was a male! Add 25% more lbs id imagine.This animal will make for cool photo ops when she's full grown. She'll probably be taller than you when she stands against your chest. Hell she's probably there now. Maybe 7 feet fully stretched out fully grow :o

Yeah she kills some grub no doubt... and thats not including the scraps the boys throw her from every meal and snack they eat lol We keep her on all 4s cuz it could be majorly bad if she tried to stand up on one of the boys or my wife (whos 10lbs lighter lol) but yeah she is probably around 6-7' long stretched out now. Standing on all 4s she is basically of acceptable breed standard height for both mastiff and dane adults around 27" at the shoulders (tho danes are preferred to be around 32").... she is just huge in every way really. I liked the idea of getting her because I hoped she would be a good balance between the two but instead she seems to be hitting he high marks for both breeds in height and weight LOL

Yea riding our pet's are probably a bad idea anyway. Unless of course one's into that kind of thing :lol: But for the sake of her hips let's stay off that beauty.

Yeah but letting the boys ride her like the horse she is, is a fun idea that has crossed our minds more then once, and would make for some awesome photos.

Hey atleast for you with those cats it wouldn't be so weird for you to say you rode the hell outta your animal :lol::wacko:

Yeah but letting the boys ride her like the horse she is, is a fun idea that has crossed our minds more then once, and would make for some awesome photos.

Sled dog??

Sled dog??

Naw shes to bulky, Mastiffs nor Great Danes are built for speed but she definitely has the strength shes built like an ox... tho I am uncertain if it would put much stress on her joints/ bones which with her being so young and growing so fast still are very important to not over work, even play time has to be somewhat restricted and time limited to protect her health.

Naw shes to bulky, Mastiffs nor Great Danes are built for speed but she definitely has the strength shes built like an ox... tho I am uncertain if it would put much stress on her joints/ bones which with her being so young and growing so fast still are very important to not over work, even play time has to be somewhat restricted and time limited to protect her health.

Yeah, I was more joking... I bet she could still pull one kid around safely on a sled/wagon at a leisurely pace, but then you'd encourage the kids who might not be so gentle if unsupervised!

My sister and I used to get our dog to jump over sticks of various heights like she was in the circus or something... And that was probably good practice for her to jump our 5ft fence all the time...

I'm sure your kids will make up their own games to take advantage of her size!!

Yeah, I was more joking... I bet she could still pull one kid around safely on a sled/wagon at a leisurely pace, but then you'd encourage the kids who might not be so gentle if unsupervised!

Oh lol, I thought it was a fun idea. And if kept at a safe pace probably wouldn't be to bad really, I might just have to give it a try anyway. :lol: I'm not to worried about them not being gentle with her (the oldest knows to be nice and will cuddle with her, the youngest is still kinda intimidated by her size so somewhat keeps his distance) she can take their playing tho and if they pull on her skin its not a big deal I just worry about her bones/joints. She was selectively bred from to quality parents with nice pedigrees and no history of major problems but I still wanna play it safe shes a BIG part of the family :)

My sister and I used to get our dog to jump over sticks of various heights like she was in the circus or something... And that was probably good practice for her to jump our 5ft fence all the time...

I'm sure your kids will make up their own games to take advantage of her size!!

Funny how they pick those kinda things up huh? Hopefully she never got into to much trouble when she jumped the fence...

Oh yeah I am sure they will figure out something... if they are anything like me when they are older they will use her size to scare the crap out of the neighborhood kids lol

Archived