ReefCleaners.org

Chris' 40B

Chris!

I really hate to hear about your little one Chris. I hope he's feeling better and was still able to have a good christmas.

Thanks man, yeah he is doing alot better now. It was really bad for a while, but he's a tough little dude :)

I really dig that second welso. Im not too fond of welsos usually, but that one really is something else.

Yeah the 2nd one was baaaaad!!! I'm really hoping I can save it but it is horribly beat up right now, the entire edge is gone and it has little to no color left. I'd post a pic but its sickening in comparison really.

Oh yea, glad you didn't fry with the heaters

Is that really possible? I have like 15 different things plugged into that system and tested everything else 1st despite knowing it was most likely the heaters as I've had 5 go bad before this already. :wacko:

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, lots going on ! Some new tangs seems like a great way to start the yr. the powder blue or brown would be nice? can you find them locally??

NorthGaHillbilly

Thanks man, yeah he is doing alot better now. It was really bad for a while, but he's a tough little dude :)

Yeah the 2nd one was baaaaad!!! I'm really hoping I can save it but it is horribly beat up right now, the entire edge is gone and it has little to no color left. I'd post a pic but its sickening in comparison really.

Is that really possible? I have like 15 different things plugged into that system and tested everything else 1st despite knowing it was most likely the heaters as I've had 5 go bad before this already. :wacko:

Glad to hear it man.

In theory it is, AC is usually "safer" I believe, but water on the floor and a hand on the heaters could cause a serious problem.

I've had several heaters go bum over the years, I'm running jagers now, but not completely submerged, so it's just the glass in the water. I had a jager break in a nano cube once, but it was pretty obvious it was burnt up, where as if it's leaking from the seal its near impossible till... zap!

Man, lots going on ! Some new tangs seems like a great way to start the yr. the powder blue or brown would be nice can you find them locally??

Yeah it has been crazy around here, trying to work on getting the oldest sons room cleaned out today as it has been serving as a work/junk room lately. Then its time to get back to work on it, just gotta get the new floor laid and trim it all out.

I can get the fish locally from petco (they will order whatever I want and I know the wholesalers they use....), so as long as I can get there before they open the bags from the wholesaler I will take em lol

Glad to hear it man.

In theory it is, AC is usually "safer" I believe, but water on the floor and a hand on the heaters could cause a serious problem.

I've had several heaters go bum over the years, I'm running jagers now, but not completely submerged, so it's just the glass in the water. I had a jager break in a nano cube once, but it was pretty obvious it was burnt up, where as if it's leaking from the seal its near impossible till... zap!

I've never had a heater go bad, but apparently no one makes a decent 400w heater these days :(

Pictures!

Great depth.

looking good Chris.

Thanks guys! :) Eventually I will get around to making a thread for the new tank, pull all the pics together and add a link in this build if you would like to follow into the future.

This tank is going to be awesome. I love when you can "layer" the arches to be more than a single row. Got a nice front, middle, back thing going that fish will love.

This tank is going to be awesome. I love when you can "layer" the arches to be more than a single row. Got a nice front, middle, back thing going that fish will love.

Thanks man, I really hope it turns out half as nice as you guys seem to think its going to be lol

The depth really allows alot more scaping possibilities then you can imagine, and the rock I got from Reef Cleaners was excellent size, and shape, not really big pieces like most would think you would want for a tank this size but more "average" size pieces.... I intentionally didn't ask for a set size or give the dimensions of the tank when I ordered it. I'd say John did a damn good job knowing what I wanted and needed tho :lol:

Thanks man, I really hope it turns out half as nice as you guys seem to think its going to be lol

The depth really allows alot more scaping possibilities then you can imagine, and the rock I got from Reef Cleaners was excellent size, and shape, not really big pieces like most would think you would want for a tank this size but more "average" size pieces.... I intentionally didn't ask for a set size or give the dimensions of the tank when I ordered it. I'd say John did a damn good job knowing what I wanted and needed tho :lol:

His rock is awesome. My next tank will definitly be filled his his dry rock and just a small sample of other live rocks.

His rock is awesome. My next tank will definitly be filled his his dry rock and just a small sample of other live rocks.

Yeah I am definitely a fan and will use it again in the future.

Added 10 fish today...

5x Black Mollies

2x Creamcicle Mollies

1x Yellow Eye Kole Tang

1x Yellow Coris Wrasse

1x Aquacultured Neon Cleaner goby

The mollies are my CUC as I don't really like to use many snails :)

Where's the fishy pics?!!? I wanted a yellow eyed kole tang too, hmmm maybe if the flame turns into a bitch out hell go and grab a kole tang.

Sorry to hear the little one was sick. Hope he is better Chris.

Thanks Kat. He's still not 100% but definitely alot better, he'll get there tho :)

Where's the fishy pics?!!? I wanted a yellow eyed kole tang too, hmmm maybe if the flame turns into a bitch out hell go and grab a kole tang.

I'll try to get some in the next few days once they all get settled in. I think I am going to try to clear a few of my extra things out soon so I will even break out the DSLR lol

The Kole is really healthy looking. Its smaller then I was hoping, but hasn't showed any signs of ich and is pecking around great..... but its kinda shy so far. It probably doesn't help that my oldest (4 next month) is constantly at the front and side of the tank pointing "Look! Check this out, FISH, FISH FISH!!!!" for a good percentage of the day either tho, but it has started coming out to the front of the tank a little more so I think once it settles in it will be ok.

Thanks Kat. He's still not 100% but definitely alot better, he'll get there tho :)

I'll try to get some in the next few days once they all get settled in. I think I am going to try to clear a few of my extra things out soon so I will even break out the DSLR lol

The Kole is really healthy looking. Its smaller then I was hoping, but hasn't showed any signs of ich and is pecking around great..... but its kinda shy so far. It probably doesn't help that my oldest (4 next month) is constantly at the front and side of the tank pointing "Look! Check this out, FISH, FISH FISH!!!!" for a good percentage of the day either tho, but it has started coming out to the front of the tank a little more so I think once it settles in it will be ok.

Mine was pretty shy to start......that didnt last too long though.

Added 10 fish today...

5x Black Mollies

2x Creamcicle Mollies

1x Yellow Eye Kole Tang

1x Yellow Coris Wrasse

1x Aquacultured Neon Cleaner goby

The mollies are my CUC as I don't really like to use many snails :)

I love my kole tang, really a cool personality

Nice FTS pic- you can really see how big the tank is with that shot!

Thanks man. My son is fairly big for his age, but the tank definitely makes him look tiny.

Mine was pretty shy to start......that didnt last too long though.

Yeah it was starting to come out a bit more today :) I really wanna add my yellow but I'm afraid its gonna whoop on the kole big time :wacko:

I love my kole tang, really a cool personality

Good to hear someone else has a good one! I am sure mine will come around too just going to take some time to adjust I'm sure.

Yeah it was starting to come out a bit more today :) I really wanna add my yellow but I'm afraid its gonna whoop on the kole big time :wacko:

Ya, I would wait awhile on adding the yellow.

Ya, I would wait awhile on adding the yellow.

I know I should, the kole is tiny compared to my yellow :( Other option would be to just get 3 new yellows LOL

My LFS guy is looking for a little bitty kole tomorrow when he goes to the wholesaler, fingers crossed

Goodluck man! Definitely a good looking fish, I took mine straight from the wholesalers bag. Some would say I am crazy but IMO the more it gets moved around and more tanks it sits in the more likely it is to pick up somethin nasty.

NorthGaHillbilly

I know I should, the kole is tiny compared to my yellow :( Other option would be to just get 3 new yellows LOL

Goodluck man! Definitely a good looking fish, I took mine straight from the wholesalers bag. Some would say I am crazy but IMO the more it gets moved around and more tanks it sits in the more likely it is to pick up somethin nasty.

I always do the same, hes become a good friend and does the same for me, if its a fish or a coral one shift in parameters is preferable to two IMO

Archived