ReefCleaners.org

Chris' 40B

Chris!

If you haven't tried it, there's Vanilla Almond milk. It tastes way better than the plain unsweetened stuff. I'm not a fan of the plain but it's fine in cereal...where the flavor is masked :lol:. I do drink the vanilla almond milk though, right out of a cup. It's definitely more tolerable :).

Yup, I drank it for a while when I was actually trying to lose weight (wanna say like half the calories then regular...) and it wasn't to bad. The soy milk the wife already bought is GMO free which seems to be where the majoriity of the issues with soy ultimately stem from, and he didn't care for the almond milk when I was drinking it before..... Really irritating because I obviously don't want to give him stuff that is bad for him, but at the same time I don't want to basically force him to eat/drink things he don't like either :wacko: I feel bad for my little buddy, but he does seem to be feeling a bit better atleast already :)

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, I drank it for a while when I was actually trying to lose weight (wanna say like half the calories then regular...) and it wasn't to bad. The soy milk the wife already bought is GMO free which seems to be where the majoriity of the issues with soy ultimately stem from, and he didn't care for the almond milk when I was drinking it before..... Really irritating because I obviously don't want to give him stuff that is bad for him, but at the same time I don't want to basically force him to eat/drink things he don't like either :wacko: I feel bad for my little buddy, but he does seem to be feeling a bit better atleast already :)

Last night I made spaghetti for dinner and I used sauce from a jar. It's one of our favorites, Vodka Sauce from Trader Joes...yum. Well, I was cleaning up last night and looked at the jar and saw one of the first ingredients is CREAM!!!!!! Ugh. :lol:. No more vodka sauce for me.

My point in telling you this is that it can be a real challenge to avoid dairy :lol:.

Last night I made spaghetti for dinner and I used sauce from a jar. It's one of our favorites, Vodka Sauce from Trader Joes...yum. Well, I was cleaning up last night and looked at the jar and saw one of the first ingredients is CREAM!!!!!! Ugh. :lol:. No more vodka sauce for me.

My point in telling you this is that it can be a real challenge to avoid dairy :lol:.

....that's were you went wrong, G.

Pasta, butter, salt, pepper.....maybe some garlic.

Keep the vodka in your glass! :rolleyes:

....that's were you went wrong, G.

Pasta, butter, salt, pepper.....maybe some garlic.

Keep the vodka in your glass! :rolleyes:

But it's really good in spaghetti sauce too :).
jedimasterben

If you haven't tried it, there's Vanilla Almond milk. It tastes way better than the plain unsweetened stuff.

It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too sweet though. And I love sweet stuff. lol

Yeah we have noticed that as well, definitely not easy! We have one place local that has an (extremely) small selection of dairy free stuff. The closest best place is about 110 miles round trip :( Trader Joes is about 85 miles round trip so never had their sauce.... wife has a rather sensitive stomach and can only handle a few different sauces anyway tho....

The one I buy isn't too bad. No sweeter than a vanilla milkshake :).

Yeah I don't remember which ones we tried but there was one that was better then the others but I didn't find any to be to sweet personally.... some to almondy tho for sure LOL But I don't really like nuts other then peanut butter, and thats mostly just in candy LOL

Yeah we have noticed that as well, definitely not easy! We have one place local that has an (extremely) small selection of dairy free stuff. The closest best place is about 110 miles round trip :( Trader Joes is about 85 miles round trip so never had their sauce.... wife has a rather sensitive stomach and can only handle a few different sauces anyway tho....

Yeah I don't remember which ones we tried but there was one that was better then the others but I didn't find any to be to sweet personally.... some to almondy tho for sure LOL But I don't really like nuts other then peanut butter, and thats mostly just in candy LOL

I bought a REALLY good almond butter a couple of days ago at my local health food store. It was a small jar only 10oz. Cost me $9! But it's soooo good. I used to eat peanut butter like it was going out of style. But I'm trying to avoid it now since it's an acid forming food. My son even loves the almond butter. He finished up the jar today :lol:. I need to go to TJ's this weekend and see if they have a good almond butter...their prices are always better.

your thread has been derailed :lol::flower:

I bought a REALLY good almond butter a couple of days ago at my local health food store. It was a small jar only 10oz. Cost me $9! But it's soooo good. I used to eat peanut butter like it was going out of style. But I'm trying to avoid it now since it's an acid forming food. My son even loves the almond butter. He finished up the jar today :lol:. I need to go to TJ's this weekend and see if they have a good almond butter...their prices are always better.your thread has been derailed :lol::flower:

TJs has a decent one......all we've had for the past couple of years is almond butter. I like the more roasty flavored ones.

I bought a REALLY good almond butter a couple of days ago at my local health food store. It was a small jar only 10oz. Cost me $9! But it's soooo good. I used to eat peanut butter like it was going out of style. But I'm trying to avoid it now since it's an acid forming food. My son even loves the almond butter. He finished up the jar today :lol:.

I've never had almond butter, is it like regular butter but made with almonds or is it the almod version of peanut butter?? LOL

I need to go to TJ's this weekend and see if they have a good almond butter...their prices are always better.

We are probably going to head to the place thats a ways away sometime this week and TJ's is on the way so I will be sure to stop in there as well and check it out.

your thread has been derailed :lol::flower:

No worries, my buddy comes 1st anyway. Alot of things take the backseat to him :)

NorthGaHillbilly

I've never had almond butter, is it like regular butter but made with almonds or is it the almod version of peanut butter?? LOL

Peanutbutter replacement, my daddy eats it alot.

Try Aldi if you have one locally, best price we've found do far.

Peanutbutter replacement, my daddy eats it alot.

Oh ok, thats what I kinda figured but wasn't 100%. Thanks man.

Try Aldi if you have one locally, best price we've found do far.

The one here has alot of really close or outdated stuff or atleast it did when it was on one of my service routes. Even the pop was always bad :wacko:

NorthGaHillbilly

Oh ok, thats what I kinda figured but wasn't 100%. Thanks man.

The one here has alot of really close or outdated stuff or atleast it did when it was on one of my service routes. Even the pop was always bad :wacko:

uggh, thats no bueno, They are really growing in our area and are great stores, tho limited selection

uggh, thats no bueno, They are really growing in our area and are great stores, tho limited selection

They have been around here for probably 8-10yrs, nice looking brick buildings but substandard quality IMO. Definitely not huge stores tho for sure so the lack of selection doesn't surprise me.

There has been one thing really bugging me lately about the new tank and that is the green edges on certain parts of the tank.... I've always been under the impression that starphire always had clear edges as well as being extremely clear, so I figured before I emailed miracles I would do some more researching......

EdgeColorGuide.jpg

Sure explains it pretty simple.... The areas that are pretty much invisible are all a few inches wide, the ones that have the tint are all 48". Most aren't noticeable because of the black silicone but theres a couple (front ends, and ends on the top eurobrace)

And in funnier news, my oldest (3.5yrs) just walked up to the tank, stared in and said... "The Oceaaaaaaaan!" LOL

I've never really even explained the difference between FW and SW or that our fish and corals (which aren't even in there yet) come from the ocean. So I just simply responded, "Yes buddy, your right we have a small piece of the ocean in our livingroom" to which he just smiled :D

And in funnier news, my oldest (3.5yrs) just walked up to the tank, stared in and said... "The Oceaaaaaaaan!" LOL I've never really even explained the difference between FW and SW or that our fish and corals (which aren't even in there yet) come from the ocean. So I just simply responded, "Yes buddy, your right we have a small piece of the ocean in our livingroom" to which he just smiled :D
For me, I get as much enjoyment teaching my kids about the tank as I do watching the tank. Mine are a little older than yours but it's really cool to hear them talking about various fish and corals. My 8 year old probably knows enough already to keep a simple tank of her own.

I've got a spare 20 with everything necessary to get it running...hmmmm.

TJs has a decent one......all we've had for the past couple of years is almond butter. I like the more roasty flavored ones.

I'll check it out! Are they sweetened? The one I bought was :).

It's BETTER than peanut butter LOL. But yes, same consistency and looks just like peanut butter.

And in funnier news, my oldest (3.5yrs) just walked up to the tank, stared in and said... "The Oceaaaaaaaan!" LOL

I've never really even explained the difference between FW and SW or that our fish and corals (which aren't even in there yet) come from the ocean. So I just simply responded, "Yes buddy, your right we have a small piece of the ocean in our livingroom" to which he just smiled :D

OMG...my neighbor was over with her 2 year old daughter, and they were sitting in my kitchen looking at the 8g tank. I about fell on the floor when the little one said "ocean". Brilliant little girl :). She loves looking at my tanks. I may have to set them up with a tank :lol:.

It's BETTER than peanut butter LOL. But yes, same consistency and looks just like peanut butter.

Sweet, I'll definitely check it out :)

OMG...my neighbor was over with her 2 year old daughter, and they were sitting in my kitchen looking at the 8g tank. I about fell on the floor when the little one said "ocean". Brilliant little girl :). She loves looking at my tanks. I may have to set them up with a tank :lol:.

Thats awesome :) He knows the yellow tang, clowns and will say wrasse but never really got into the ocean part of it all. He watched a movie with sea turtles yesterday so I am guessing some things looked familiar and he picked it up like that lol

Sweet, I'll definitely check it out :)

Thats awesome :) He knows the yellow tang, clowns and will say wrasse but never really got into the ocean part of it all. He watched a movie with sea turtles yesterday so I am guessing some things looked familiar and he picked it up like that lol

Yep..that's likely it. Clara loves the movie Nemo so I'm sure that's how she knew she was looking at the "ocean" here :).

Yep..that's likely it. Clara loves the movie Nemo so I'm sure that's how she knew she was looking at the "ocean" here :).

That movie is going to inspire generations of future marine biologists..... and reef keepers I'm sure :)

Any updates on the tank?

Not really, been sick, went and helped my father in law install someone elses kitchen while I wait for the cabinet that the idiots broke and work on a few projects around here before my youngest sons 1st birthday party this weekend.... his B-Day is Wednesday already :wacko:

Well actually kinda.... I can see in the tank again finally the cloud has begun to clear up lol

Archived