ReefCleaners.org

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks man! Ya the cap has came back strong from a couple of those burns. blew it on a 150 acrylic tank with LED's - 400.00- looked like a great tank. I was the second one to email and the 1st guy took it. Didn't list what the lights were but it was complete with stand , hood , sump and lights- pretty smokin deal

Man that would have been a sweet deal. I have a couple friends that have bigger acrylic tanks and don't like them because they scratch easily so we will just say it worked out for the better lol

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Man that would have been a sweet deal. I have a couple friends that have bigger acrylic tanks and don't like them because they scratch easily so we will just say it worked out for the better lol

I was going to say the same thing. My buddy had a big 240 gal that was a really well made tank, perfect seams, really clean build, but almost looked foggy from tiny little scratches, never saw it full tho, might not have been as big a deal.

Ha- probably right! I've had a few acrylic tanks and really like them but you do have to be careful. When I showed my wife the tank on CL she was like - get it.....................? the price was right for sure!

NorthGaHillbilly

Ha- probably right! I've had a few acrylic tanks and really like them but you do have to be careful. When I showed my wife the tank on CL she was like - get it..................... the price was right for sure!

she was good with a 150?! I see you talking your way into the 93 cube soon, it SMALLER than what shes already blessed

she was good with a 150?! I see you talking your way into the 93 cube soon, it SMALLER than what shes already blessed

Well kinda- she thought it was to big - It was the 400.00 price that gave it the go- she was like - lights and filter too so your done.............well no, protein skimmer, ATO, calcium reactor, probably new lights, etc etc ................but it's coming- still wanting a big cube....................maybe I should just get a 40B and start building a sump out of it? to kick start things

Peppermint #2 has been missing for about two weeks now- I just don't get it. It was around for 2 days then disappeared- been checking at night and no sign. Haven't looked in the middle of the night but I would think I could see a glimpse now and again

NorthGaHillbilly

Peppermint #2 has been missing for two weeks now- I just don't get it. It was around for 2 days then disappeared- been checking at night and no sign. Haven't looked in the middle of the night but I would think I could see a glimpse now and again

I've got two, one comes out alot more than the other, but if its been two weeks, I think you might just have one peppermint

I've got two, one comes out alot more than the other, but if its been two weeks, I think you might just have one peppermint

Actually same thing happened with #1 - only showed for 1 day then disappeared- could the cleaner or Emerald crab be taking them out? #2 was chilling by the peppermint the 1st day no problem.

Here's a few shots from tonight

FTS - fish hiding?

34b0dbec3a404d4b5c01241056cf56c3_zpsc979

Left side

bd96013537a7ace1c231155ae1d68df1_zps10f6

Right side

682dcac75dcaf109d57b5743e36029c7_zpsaf96

Through the frag rack - and the little Birdsnest frag is growing into a nice colony ( on the right )

4d8861b3b61952669d014deead3e3dea_zps1039

Very nice! What is the purple (red? sorry, I'm a little color blind) branching colony on the right side?

Thanks! there is purple and red- both are stylo's. Purple Stylo branches moe and the r d tens to grow in a ball- I really like the Stylophora's- good color and motion with their polyps?

Wow! I'm always amazed this is all in a little Nuvo 16!! Looks really nice!!

Thank you! I've been fragging small pieces regulary so things can grow and form around each other a little better!

Thank you! I've been fragging small pieces regulary so things can grow and form around each other a little better!

Smart! What do you do with all your frags?

Smart! What do you do with all your frags?

Some of them are on the side- you can see the green poci's on the left side(bottom) picture. A few still on the frag rack- but they are under weaker lighting and I am not happy with the color. I have turned a few in to my lfs and trade out for supplies.

Looks great! Tank is packed

Thanks Arce! Yes it is- I might add some additional rock to raise up a few pieces to allow for some extra growth. I haven't added anything in awhile and I am getting edgy about it?. I am debating on selling off the large birdsnest but it's been one of my most successful pieces and I would like to keep it for an eventual upgrade?

I know, right? We probably wouldn't have gotten into this hobby if we didn't like to tinker, constantly trying to improve things. It drives me crazy if I haven't done anything to my tanks besides change water for more than a couple weeks :)

PS: thanks for your recommendation in the TOTM thread :blush:

Here's a few shots from tonight

FTS - fish hiding34b0dbec3a404d4b5c01241056cf56c3_zpsc979

Left sidebd96013537a7ace1c231155ae1d68df1_zps10f6

Right side682dcac75dcaf109d57b5743e36029c7_zpsaf96

Through the frag rack - and the little Birdsnest frag is growing into a nice colony ( on the right )4d8861b3b61952669d014deead3e3dea_zps1039

Looks freaking awesome

I know, right? We probably wouldn't have gotten into this hobby if we didn't like to tinker, constantly trying to improve things. It drives me crazy if I haven't done anything to my tanks besides change water for more than a couple weeks :)

PS: thanks for your recommendation in the TOTM thread :blush:

Right! Now that I have a doser it seems I am tinkering less but now I've gone to a quick 1gal w/c- broken up into two halfs. I do 1/2 gal. Wait at least a half hr. And do the next 1/2. The actual work only takes a few minutes . Makes things easier on Sunday I only change one or maybe two gal. depending on what I change during the week.

Your welcome, your tank looks awesome- and thank you also?

Looks freaking awesome

Thanks man! Things are still going good!

So I am seriously considering trading in my large Birdsnest. I showed my lfs and they really want it. I did setup the frags for trade for supplies- I just need to bring them in. I am a little torn since it's my largest and one of my most successful pieces but it is shading and causing some flow issues. I have another one from this colony that is starting to take off so that helps with cutting it loose.

Maybe it's time to change things up!

cc00c5430c18e232e769c736dba22829_zps1d19

f5328d713bab5d958adb8eefed4530d8_zps0d4d

Here's the frag from the mother colony

b74c79df9224a726fb67e669bb7485f0_zpsbc1e

My clowns are loving the suction cup on the frag rack- a nice little resting place for them - they share this spot

e2ec9873266dca65c471297df7fa92ef_zps827b

be2462ec328fdb5d487461c9029e1156_zpscfed

Ruby red coming at Ya......on the hunt. I've seen him take numerous prepared foods now- not regularly but from time to time and he is still looking solid ? Pod population doing well .

fa732541e2abbff2c8bd2a2edfafe053_zps6b9e

aa975764e4beaa56eb663fe6a517db49_zps4ecf

And here's our Tailspot hanging out in his favorite bowl

9150972638c96fe1cbaf56733f0d9fd0_zpsabde

Most people would be happy if their prize birdsnest looked as good as your "little" frag :)

I'm experiencing tailspot envy. How do you like yours?

Holy smokes, that bird nest is amazing! I agree it what teenyreef said. Out of curiosity, what would they give you for a beauty like that?

Most people would be happy if their prize birdsnest looked as good as your "little" frag :)

I'm experiencing tailspot envy. How do you like yours?

Ya I think for the sake of the other corals I should cut it loose...........love the Tailspot - such a great personality and hasn't bothered anything in the tank?

Holy smokes, that bird nest is amazing! I agree it what teenyreef said. Out of curiosity, what would they give you for a beauty like that?

Thank you! Not sure what he'll be giving me - should be interesting- either frags or supplies

Archived