inTank Media Baskets

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Its telling you to upgrade, needs more ROOOM!

?. I like that- I'll use it- apparently it's not telling my wife or she doesn't speak Acro- I'll have to be the interpreter ?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically it is growing large, and at a fairly quick pace. It can sense it has no room around it because of encroaching corals surrounding it.... No room, and wants to expand = all out war, kill kill kill then it will have room to grow.

Options = frag the crap out of it, or give it more room ;)

Basically it is growing large, and at a fairly quick pace. It can sense it has no room around it because of encroaching corals surrounding it.... No room, and wants to expand = all out war, kill kill kill then it will have room to grow.

Options = frag the crap out of it, or give it more room ;)

She said it went on for a few hrs. But didn't connect with anything- whew. All is well tonight and it's back to normal. It just needs to grow up but its tabling?

Just have to have what a stunning tank - hoping for something similar, albeit on a smaller scale, when I eventually get my 16" cube set up.

Found this link after searching for your Corynactis (if that is indeed what it is.....):

http://www.marlin.ac.uk/speciesinformation.php?speciesID=3061

This ones obviously a cold water species, but look at those colours!!

Col

Hey thanks for checking things out and the link- I'll research it. When ya getting your tank up and a build thread! ?

We did some rearranging in the tiki room - thought I'd share. Such a fun room to hang out in and the tank is in here too!

Welcome!

d179dea876cdafe08f3f31132ec3bedb_zpsc285

To the right......the bar is open

9ec7124ad0a0aa910dc005e7d9c72993_zps7e83

Doggies chilling

0fff320b66d7c13a20232863f8b9e046_zps2ccd

Some of our favorite mugs!

2a576a8ed917e190285ea797c90e434f_zps1f52

Here's one of the art pieces we make- I hand carved the tiki and we made a mold so we pour all different types in acrylic and my wife paints them and mounts them to frames and paints backgrounds!

4099355b0c80ed0a91a7c66314be25d0_zps244c

One not mounted yet

e2566549a796f25d46d2226998ada301_zpsbea2

d4433f44661661a46fa7589910e90cb8_zpsa85c

More tiki's

0fbc74cc1c36ba7823a571cde76c86f8_zps6f2b

This is a killer art piece a student made from cardboard boxes and then used a chainsaw on it?

b6c0dccbd0e354bda8be516c57ff2489_zpscd46

Here's some more mugs and our favorite- an old Witco statue from the 60's - it's actually a fountain but haven't gotten that put together yet?

c5be5a13bed529d768e3ec16cb75ea97_zps599a

And finally Hell Vision- another art piece our friend made about 20 yrs. ago. It actually works- it has a VCR behind the false speaker and we watch old scary films on the crappy B&W tv . It also has a glowing red light to finish off the piece!

0156d61824965edef6ba6fdb62437dc7_zps0022

Still the best seat in the house and my wife and I fight over the step stool! ?

d62534de814f93dbc0399bf0b14441c3_zpsfe8a

I noticed a few tiki pieces and obviously the tiki bar but daymn it really is the tiki room!! Those pieces you custom make are amazing, look very high quality.

Just gonna throw this out there... ever consider a "room divider" style tank w/ center overflow along the side of the chaise lounge? :) Could design the stand to match the tiki theme easily, would have access on both sides viewing from 3 sides, and could curl up on the couch and watch a show or the tank instead of sitting on a hard stool lol

Polarcollision

Here a shot of it all closed up like a nem

0d528cf9cd5669603b2b9d4f47d462ae_zps6a86

Definitely not octospawn. I'm always amazed at how closely different corals look to one another

I noticed a few tiki pieces and obviously the tiki bar but daymn it really is the tiki room!! Those pieces you custom make are amazing, look very high quality.

Just gonna throw this out there... ever consider a "room divider" style tank w/ center overflow along the side of the chaise lounge? :) Could design the stand to match the tiki theme easily, would have access on both sides viewing from 3 sides, and could curl up on the couch and watch a show or the tank instead of sitting on a hard stool lol

Hmmm......no I haven't- could look really cool! I definately would like a tiki style or rough cut wood stand. Sometimes I'll pull the chair around for extended viewing but we usually pull the stool up close and go in with a magnifier ? maybe I'll get my wife her own stool ?. Thanks on the art pieces- they really do come out cool- we've sold a few at tiki events. We've also moved into making Airstreams and my wife paints camping seems to mount them on- going after that crowd now too?

Hmmm......no I haven't- could look really cool! I definately would like a tiki style or rough cut wood stand. Sometimes I'll pull the chair around for extended viewing but we usually pull the stool up close and go in with a magnifier maybe I'll get my wife her own stool . Thanks on the art pieces- they really do come out cool- we've sold a few at tiki events. We've also moved into making Airstreams and my wife paints camping seems to mount them on- going after that crowd now too

I've always wanted a room divider but the wife shot it down this go around... coulda got a 320g w/ everything for the same price I paid for my 150g tank alone :lol:

So I'm on my way have a cold root beer ready.

We'll leave the light on for ya.........?

I've always wanted a room divider but the wife shot it down this go around... coulda got a 320g w/ everything for the same price I paid for my 150g tank alone :lol:

Ya but your tank is SWEEET! I found a 300 gal. On CL for 1000k - no pictures so I have no idea on the condition- but that's a little too much of a jump!

Ya but your tank is SWEEET! I found a 300 gal. On CL for 1000k - no pictures so I have no idea on the condition- but that's a little too much of a jump!

Yeah the 320 was from a local company and one of their set up displays. Slightly lower quality but still extremely nice and essentially brand new w/ same warranty from them as if it was new.

Thats possibly a decent deal if its a running set up. I wouldn't spend that much on a used tank personally, especially tank only.

Yeah the 320 was from a local company and one of their set up displays. Slightly lower quality but still extremely nice and essentially brand new w/ same warranty from them as if it was new.

Thats possibly a decent deal if its a running set up. I wouldn't spend that much on a used tank personally, especially tank only.

Ya- 300 gal. still to booko for me ? the wife asked last night what's the smallest tank I'd be happy with.............hmmm- I am still thinking 80-90 cube- I think she likes the 40-50 cube. Maybe the 66 cubes ? I reason the light will basically cost the same for a 50-90 cube- why not have more volume? At least now we're talking about it so that's a win in itself?

Ya- 300 gal. still to booko for me ? the wife asked last night what's the smallest tank I'd be happy with.............hmmm- I am still thinking 80-90 cube- I think she likes the 40-50 cube. Maybe the 66 cubes ? I reason the light will basically cost the same for a 50-90 cube- why not have more volume? At least now we're talking about it so that's a win in itself?

Keep at it she will break eventually! Haha!

So I've been holding out on posting on my latest addition - he was the sole survivor of 4 that came into my lfs. They didn't last a week in the store so I wasn't sure he would but I went for it anyways. My pod population has been steadily growing to the point that I was considering some type of control. I've had em for a month now and he's doing good - probably setting myself up for heartbreak but I went for it. They said it was eating mysis but when I watched them feed at the lfs store it showed no interest in it.

So ive also added 1000's of pods- they sell live pods at my lfs store. With my heavy feeding schedule it has recently looked at pellets but I can't say he has actually ate any. He is constantly hunting during the day and is still full in size and not getting skinny . Maybe once the pod population dwindles he will show interest in other foods but I will continue to add pods and see how things go. Tank mates are all getting along no problem. Here's some shots of my Ruby Red- such a beautiful little fish!

e45f2ddb9763ecb5d73e9d9cb7fe78c5_zpsd208

cb8ac6d985cdea28246deddfb93fd5e5_zpsac46

Archived