Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d2562a259c3c949dbe49e481ede90af8_zps2b8c

Grow baby grow!!! :wub:

I know it's taking its time that's for sure ? it's got prime real estate with random flow on each side and in the center of the tank. Maybe raising might get em going. Seems it's encrusting pretty good right now

Pocci will typically win that war. Millies pack a punch but pocci are lethal!

Alright! That's one for Poci? it will Serve the Mille right - it's been stinging my green cap before I fragged it!

Alright! That's one for Poci it will Serve the Mille right - it's been stinging my green cap before I fragged it!

feel free to frag stuff. I always have room in my tank. :)

Alright! That's one for Poci it will Serve the Mille right - it's been stinging my green cap before I fragged it!

Just send the mille my way since its a trouble maker. :lol:

Just send the mille my way since its a trouble maker. :lol:

Shouldn't be a problem the way this guy grows- still not happy with the frags- they browned out a little- gotta move the frag rack to the middle of the tank to get'm some stronger light! Not excited about that though - gonna look like crap!

Shouldn't be a problem the way this guy grows- still not happy with the frags- they browned out a little- gotta move the frag rack to the middle of the tank to get'm some stronger light! Not excited about that though - gonna look like crap!

Frag tank time :lol:

Frag tank time :lol:

Funny- a 55gal. cube frag tank with skimmer , sump and ocean revive light just showed on Craigslist tonight- 400.00 not a bad deal but not what I am looking for- do you know anything about those lights- nice looking LED with 4 or 5 spectrums

Funny- a 55gal. cube frag tank with skimmer , sump and ocean revive light just showed on Craigslist tonight- 400.00 not a bad deal but not what I am looking for- do you know anything about those lights- nice looking LED with 4 or 5 spectrums

Ocean Revive are rebranded evergrow/ chinese LEDs if I'm not mistaken..... similar to what I am running. I liked mine enough to put em on my display lol

Do you know what skimmer? That doesnt sound like to bad of a deal at all really.

Ocean Revive are rebranded evergrow/ chinese LEDs if I'm not mistaken..... similar to what I am running. I liked mine enough to put em on my display lol

Do you know what skimmer? That doesnt sound like to bad of a deal at all really.

No- doesn't list the name but says its new- picture looks like it's a decent size- in sump model- can't figure out how to put a link here for it

So Saturday I added another peppermint shrimp- got a quick pic incase this one disappears too- so far so good? it met the cleaner and had no issues - so far so good. Hopefully it will start on my Aiptasia .

af837980b712a8feed07199df6e57898_zps0e80

He looks beautiful. Nice picture with the zoas looking like they're just floating in the water above him :wub:

Here's hoping he does better than the last one, or better yet, that the last one miraculously re-appears :P

He looks beautiful. Nice picture with the zoas looking like they're just floating in the water above him :wub:

Here's hoping he does better than the last one, or better yet, that the last one miraculously re-appears :P

Thanks Teeny- Ya I didn't notice that about the zoos ?

Hey buddy, I might be late on this, but I got an ID for you *i think* on that clear bubble coral/anemone you found one day back a few weeks.

BoS5DtI.jpg

Corynactis
Strawberry Anemone

Suitability: Watch Them!

Diet: Zooplanton.

Remarks: Read More!

Getting a little bigger- not much color still the slight green with the white ends on the tentacles - here's a crappy pic ( shot through the algae on the glass) how about your little hard coral- can you see it still?

49f7f97bc1138e01b395e771b187d663_zpsc360

*this guy i was reffering to

hey- thanks for the info ! that does look close- the base is a little more orange on mine but it might be. The other ID we looked at was a type of ball anenome. the tenticles in your pic look exactly like it though? thanks- definitely a filter feeder and not needing light- I'll do a little more research!

Oh not a problem. Just happened i went thru your thread and ran across those pics. Just started my nuvo 16 yesterday

Nice- I'll ck out your thread- is that a new Nuvo (Gen2) be careful- the old ones have a history of cracking - especially if you run a powerhead by the rounded front! Thanks for cking things out!

Yea I'm thinking its one of the older models but not sure... the guy did mention something about cracking on one of the models, but when he sold me this one, he told me the glass thickness should be thicker on mine then the ones that have been cracking. but then said that it is discontinued for another model coming out? i don't know :unsure: lol

Yea I'm thinking its one of the older models but not sure... the guy did mention something about cracking on one of the models, but when he sold me this one, he told me the glass thickness should be thicker on mine then the ones that have been cracking. but then said that it is discontinued for another model coming out? i don't know :unsure: lol

Ya- just beware the powerhead for sure- if you need additional flow just add a larger pump- I upgraded to a Sicce 1.5 and that gives me good flow but I would still like alittle more- I am trying to be creative on adding more- placing another powerhead in the sump and plumbing some soft tubing in maybe. I tried that and attached another spin stream to the hose but it just looked stupid

Do you mind posting your regular routine for feeding/water changes/maintenance (daily/weekly/mionthly etc..) if you have some time? I am always blown away by your tank, and whatever you are doing is working amazingly well!

Do you mind posting your regular routine for feeding/water changes/maintenance (daily/weekly/mionthly etc..) if you have some time? I am always blown away by your tank, and whatever you are doing is working amazingly well!

Hey thanks a lot! It's really nothing to much but done the same way week after week. I change about 5-7 gallons a week and have gone to doing one gal. a day a few days a week and about 3-4 gallons on Sunday - depending on how long I feel like letting the Birdsnest be exposed ? I really like the small one gal. changes only takes 5min. I tend to change my floss twice a week and stir the sand twice a week. I am not running a skimmer but I do have an IM reactor with rox carbon and GFO. Been running the GFO longer lately to keep up with phosphates. I use a doser for ca.430, alk.8 and mg.1350 . I feed everyday and fairly heavy - my wife handles the day feeding of the fish with pellets and flake and in the evening just before my white lights dim off I'll mix up roti, phyto and oyster feast about 2 drops of each 1/2 spoon (supplied) of reef chili and 1/2 of reef roids and finally a little mysis and prime reef. Mix that all up and broadcast feed the tank. I am lucky to have what I feel is a fantastic lfs. The owner is great and the selection is excellent. The tanks are always in great condition and well maintained - it's the only place I purchase livestock from except for 5 or 6 frags that I got from MACNA and Reef Stock shows. I use the water from this store and the same salt(kent) that the livestock grew up in so I can't help but think that is a factor that helps- but the other frags are also doing well so who really knows?. But my live stock is always in really good condition when I get them. That's kinda the run down- hope it helps - stability is the key - the longer you can maintain it the better?

Hey thanks a lot! It's really nothing to much but done the same way week after week. I change about 5-7 gallons a week and have gone to doing one gal. a day a few days a week and about 3-4 gallons on Sunday - depending on how long I feel like letting the Birdsnest be exposed ? I really like the small one gal. changes only takes 5min. I tend to change my floss twice a week and stir the sand twice a week. I am not running a skimmer but I do have an IM reactor with rox carbon and GFO. Been running the GFO longer lately to keep up with phosphates. I use a doser for ca.430, alk.8 and mg.1350 . I feed everyday and fairly heavy - my wife handles the day feeding of the fish with pellets and flake and in the evening just before my white lights dim off I'll mix up roti, phyto and oyster feast about 2 drops of each 1/2 spoon (supplied) of reef chili and 1/2 of reef roids and finally a little mysis and prime reef. Mix that all up and broadcast feed the tank. I am lucky to have what I feel is a fantastic lfs. The owner is great and the selection is excellent. The tanks are always in great condition and well maintained - it's the only place I purchase livestock from except for 5 or 6 frags that I got from MACNA and Reef Stock shows. I use the water from this store and the same salt(kent) that the livestock grew up in so I can't help but think that is a factor that helps- but the other frags are also doing well so who really knows?. But my live stock is always in really good condition when I get them. That's kinda the run down- hope it helps - stability is the key - the longer you can maintain it the better?

Aha! That was super thorogh and just what I was looking for! Thank you! I'm going through an ugly period right now but keeping up with a regular routine too. Just have to wait things out I suppose. Did you ever have that ugly period with algae and that, or have you always been lucky :P

Obviously I know hard works pays off, don't get me wrong :lol:

Aha! That was super thorogh and just what I was looking for! Thank you! I'm going through an ugly period right now but keeping up with a regular routine too. Just have to wait things out I suppose. Did you ever have that ugly period with algae and that, or have you always been lucky :P

Obviously I know hard works pays off, don't get me wrong :lol:

Your welcome - glad you found it helpful. I didn't really have an ugly period but there was a small period of sitting back and letting things age. I was lucky the rock I used from my lfs was out of one of their display tanks so it was more like moving a tank. Bacteria was quickly reset established and my cycle was short and I never really went through any algae blooms. I did start slow but was able to add sps sooner than usual. Stay with it and get into a groove on maintenance and that I'll definately pay off- good luck! Again, thanks for checking things out!

Archived