inTank Media Baskets

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

I would say get rid of the nice big colony, but keep a frag. You'll have so much more room!! More corals!!

Aw, I miss my tailspot! They are such cuties! :wub:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say get rid of the nice big colony, but keep a frag. You'll have so much more room!! More corals!!

Aw, I miss my tailspot! They are such cuties! :wub:

Agreed, and yes I already have a frag growing well, sorry about your Tailspot - are you considering another one? Stinks when you don't know what caused it?

Agreed, and yes I already have a frag growing well, sorry about your Tailspot - are you considering another one? Stinks when you don't know what caused it

Thanks, maybe someday I'll have a tailspot again, but there are so many other fish I want to try first!

I held onto my large green bird until I killed most of it in an Alk spike. It's now in frags on the sandbed and in my 29, growing back quickly. I'm pretty much over it, but I hate to get rid of big corals. It's a beautiful coral, but damn near impossible to frag. :(

I held onto my large green bird until I killed most of it in an Alk spike. It's now in frags on the sandbed and in my 29, growing back quickly. I'm pretty much over it, but I hate to get rid of big corals. It's a beautiful coral, but damn near impossible to frag. :(

Ya , it's tough to let it go- I have a frag of it growing well so it's not such a big deal- still my baby though!

Ya , it's tough to let it go- I have a frag of it growing well so it's not such a big deal- still my baby though!

If you do get rid of it keep an eye on your alk/cal consumption and expect it to drop for a bit and adjust your dosing accordingly ;)

If you do get rid of it keep an eye on your alk/cal consumption and expect it to drop for a bit and adjust your dosing accordingly ;)

Ahhh....great point - didn't even consider that ?

Pretty excited- www.reefstock.net show this weekend- there are some good vendors coming in and usually a good assortment of sps frags. Looking for something to replace the large Birdsnest once I trade it in. Probably look for a colorful Mille- but never know what will show up. Two day event- I am debating on which day to go- early Saturday to have 1st choice of frags or Sunday for the " we don't wanna pack em up sale" ?. Good raffles both days

Pretty excited- www.reefstock.net show this weekend- there are some good vendors coming in and usually a good assortment of sps frags. Looking for something to replace the large Birdsnest once I trade it in. Probably look for a colorful Mille- but never know what will show up. Two day event- I am debating on which day to go- early Saturday to have 1st choice of frags or Sunday for the " we don't wanna pack em up sale" . Good raffles both days

We are lucky to have 2 frag swaps a year in Cincinnati proper, and both are pretty bad. Hopefully you find some nice pieces at the swap!

We are lucky to have 2 frag swaps a year in Cincinnati proper, and both are pretty bad. Hopefully you find some nice pieces at the swap!

Ya- one of the only other vendor I buy from comes to this show- he usually has some nice pieces- that's where I got my bubblegum from at a different show.

Here's a few shots from last night

Ponape birdsnest- tough to get a good shot

ac9cd5224c57eefea8befe2517b8d1a3_zpsd00d

Undata starting to spread well

735c9941a8a9f55b8810998bb8bded4a_zps96a9

Little Ricky hanging out- he's really taking a liking to pellets ?

37e37da07c111fe8091adbe53215dd65_zps64ef

And Benny chilling in his bed of grape

221afbe8fec950c65b3bb4029a95cef3_zps7c17

A stare down

d49aa91d4013b4757f9f49396ed29da5_zps17a8

b785d5cfc7acbbfe21fd7c5e6ba85d9c_zpseacc

Great shots, what camera are you using?

Thank you, Ya- I took about 40 pics before I got one that was decent - I have a Nikon D100 with a Macro lens- not sure of the lens - I can get back to you on that.

Never mind found it haha

Great shots, what camera are you using?

Thanks, Nikon D100 with a 105mm Macro lens for the close ups and a 77mm wide angle for the FTS

Thanks, Nikon D100 with a 105mm Macro lens for the close ups and a 77mm wide angle for the FTS

Nice, I'm looking at getting a macro lens. So damm expensive though!

Nice, I'm looking at getting a macro lens. So damm expensive though!

Ya , I am lucky I have a brother who is a part time professional photographer and I get all his hand me downs free of charge? not the latest and greatest but works for me?

Pretty excited- www.reefstock.net show this weekend- there are some good vendors coming in and usually a good assortment of sps frags. Looking for something to replace the large Birdsnest once I trade it in. Probably look for a colorful Mille- but never know what will show up. Two day event- I am debating on which day to go- early Saturday to have 1st choice of frags or Sunday for the " we don't wanna pack em up sale" . Good raffles both days

Easy, go both days lol

Easy, go both days lol

Right? I force my wife to go to these shows ? she could never make it through two days?. I usually try and pack a lot into my weekends- we're suppose to be getting 18" this weekend so I am planning on breaking out my snosk8 and making a course around the yard- I'll have a group of buddy's on that too- children gotta play?

Nice Ponape. :)

So if you like the BOP it does grow about 1/4 as fast as the green, so it might be a good replacement. You know you're going to have to try it yourself just to see. :)

Nice Ponape. :)

So if you like the BOP it does grow about 1/4 as fast as the green, so it might be a good replacement. You know you're going to have to try it yourself just to see. :)

Thanks Mark, Ya depends how it looks it person. I am really liking Mille's so maybe I'll look for a nice one - thinking I'll be hitting the show up tomorrow?

Archived