Top Shelf Aquatics

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your tank just gets better and better! Do you have any circulation pumps or just a return pump?

I think he is using just one return pump. Amazing

Sk8n Reefer

Your tank just gets better and better! Do you have any circulation pumps or just a return pump?

Thanks a lot c-bskt! I am stoked on the rescape for sure. I am running an upgraded pump- Sicce 1.5 and two spin streams. Now that the Birdsnest is gone the flow is moving around much better. I probably would add a powerhead pointing towards the back on a timer -but not chancing it with the Nuvo.

I think he is using just one return pump. Amazing

Thanks Maniu! You are correct just one pump?

Alright here's some shots of the new additions- super stoked !

Dragon scale- always liked this coral geen into purple and the "scales" look cool

4f6f2d03aa1d6e9640c238dce74ef5ab_zps790c

Blue Acro- excellent color- hope I can keep it !

777a2be3343c1454689319bd4382418c_zps4e5a

Aussie Acro - not sure of the name. It's a purple/maroonish with blue tips- really different looking Acro

c483ebc11d02e86221df16c31be97b14_zps8f0c

and finally a vivid green Acro tenuis

268dd20a159432063dc2a5616345a026_zps1fef

Here's the Birdsnest mini colony doing well - he'll be like big daddy in no time

d702e534c0558a728561a280fa912ac2_zps0bfa

Benny found himself a new home under my pocillopora in a hole in the rock

227f357c74ef053d42d68defe24c7cb5_zps0917

Bluish sponge was living under my green cap

cb02d12dfbe642f67b1f9cdac52c6c3c_zpsdeb7

FTS 3-1-15 spent about 6 hrs on this - took almost everything out except the right side. Moved my green cap into the center and place more pieces towards the top. Really liking how this came out- lots of flow around now. Totally different feel than before- many levels all tucked in. Moved my pink stylo up top too- hopefully it will like it's place- looks good up there. Still got 3 frags in the rack and 2 in the sand- need a few more peices of rock next weekend to find em all a home

778efa1967fe40ce6f6ac39fbaf853fa_zps2940

Just posted ck em out!

Love the new scape! I can't wait to see what that blue acro does in your tank :wub:

Sk8n Reefer

Love the new scape! I can't wait to see what that blue acro does in your tank :wub:

Thank you! Ya the blue Acro is sweet- gonna move em up slowly

Was that aiptasia under that sponge or something else. Nothing to worry about but keep an eye on it.

Tank looks great as always.

Sk8n Reefer

Was that aiptasia under that sponge or something else. Nothing to worry about but keep an eye on it.

Tank looks great as always.

Good catch ! Looks like it to me. Gotta luv a macro lens- I've been using Aiptasia X with some success but that bugger was hiding under my cap- I'll zap it tomorrow ! I have had 2 peppermint shrimps not make it past a day or two- wish I could keep one to eat the aptasia

Good catch ! Looks like it to me. Gotta luv a macro lens- I've been using Aiptasia X with some success but that bugger was hiding under my cap- I'll zap it tomorrow ! I have had 2 peppermint shrimps not make it past a day or two- wish I could keep one to eat the aptasia

You mean they committed suicide in first 48 hrs???? Weird. They aren't that fragile. Unless you just toss them in without acclimation.

Lol you can say it

I have done that b4

I have one request tho.

If those green shrooms get out of control. Sign me up for a few. They would be perfect for my pest tank. ;)

TheKleinReef

Rescape looks amazing! Love that small valley running down the left/middle. It adds a very unique touch to the tank, making the tank look much bigger.

Can't wait to see those SPS mature!

Sk8n Reefer

You mean they committed suicide in first 48 hrs???? Weird. They aren't that fragile. Unless you just toss them in without acclimation.

Lol you can say it

I have done that b4

Hahaaha - nope- I always acclimate - 2 separate cases about 3 weeks apart. One molted and never came out and the other hung out for about 2 days then it's gone. Maybe my Emerald or cleaner took em out??? The one was chilling with the cleaner just fine during the day.........night times a killer?

I have one request tho.

If those green shrooms get out of control. Sign me up for a few. They would be perfect for my pest tank. ;)

They are a pain....their very aggressive and sting the sps ?

Dude looking awesome. Love that dragon scale, Unique!

Thanks! Yes it's a beautiful coral ! Hope it takes off

Rescape looks amazing! Love that small valley running down the left/middle. It adds a very unique touch to the tank, making the tank look much bigger.

Can't wait to see those SPS mature!

Thanks Klein, Ya that valley is where my spin stream regularly send flow and now you actually see some sand ? Thanks for checking things out?
Sk8n Reefer

Great rescape, looks like it's been that way the entire time.

Thanks Mark! Ya- it really opened things up and only took 5-6hrs.?

Hahaaha - nope- I always acclimate - 2 separate cases about 3 weeks apart. One molted and never came out and the other hung out for about 2 days then it's gone. Maybe my Emerald or cleaner took em out??? The one was chilling with the cleaner just fine during the day.........night times a killer?

They are a pain....their very aggressive and sting the sps ?

Thanks! Yes it's a beautiful coral ! Hope it takes off

Thanks Klein, Ya that valley is where my spin stream regularly send flow and now you actually see some sand ? Thanks for checking things out?

It's hard to believe emerald or CS would go after peppers. I am not saying it can't, I just never seen it. Hell, I never even heard about such a occurrence. You might have some evil hiding between rocks. Lol During molt they are most venerable.

As to shrooms...... I don't care if they are aggressive. If they become a problem, let me know.

I have cleaned up my pest tank and want to keep some rare Eviota gobies in it. No LPS or SPS.

Just clean bicolor theme of softies and shrooms.

I need green and blue/purple shrooms, zoas, gorgs and softies . I fragged some gorgs and found some green zoas in my other tank. But still need more blue and green.

d5IyN80.jpg

Sk8n Reefer

It's hard to believe emerald or CS would go after peppers. I am not saying it can't, I just never seen it. Hell, I never even heard about such a occurrence. You might have some evil hiding between rocks. Lol During molt they are most venerable.

As to shrooms...... I don't care if they are aggressive. If they become a problem, let me know.

I have cleaned up my pest tank and want to keep some rare Eviota gobies in it. No LPS or SPS.

Just clean bicolor theme of softies and shrooms.

I need green and blue/purple shrooms, zoas, gorgs and softies . I fragged some gorgs and found some green zoas in my other tank. But still need more blue and green. d5IyN80.jpg

Ya- I mystified about it to- might try a 3rd but jeez.......that sounds like a cool tank- have you put a build thread up yet?

Ya- I mystified about it to- might try a 3rd but jeez.......that sounds like a cool tank- have you put a build thread up yet?

Give it another try. Peppers are cheap.

No build thread. I rather watch then being watched.

Sk8n Reefer

I say next month is your month! :D

I don't know about that now that but I appreciate your support ?

Give it another try. Peppers are cheap.

No build thread. I rather watch then being watched.

Ya , maybe I put two in at the same time and maybe I'll get a week out of em. Where's that picture at with the bike in your signature? Looks like the moon -Beautiful bike- is that a triumph?

Read thru this entire thread over the last few days and have to say I'm impressed. The new scape looks great. Well done.

Sk8n Reefer

Read thru this entire thread over the last few days and have to say I'm impressed. The new scape looks great. Well done.

Hey thanks - that's awesome- appreciate you dropping by and saying hey! It's been a fun ride for sure!

I don't know about that now that but I appreciate your support

Ya , maybe I put two in at the same time and maybe I'll get a week out of em. Where's that picture at with the bike in your signature? Looks like the moon -Beautiful bike- is that a triumph?

Yup, Triumph Explorer 1200. Great bike. But I miss my vintage 1973 Beemer.

Sk8n Reefer

Yup, Triumph Explorer 1200. Great bike. But I miss my vintage 1973 Beemer.

Very nice- I am all about the vintage - my daily rider is a 1960 Cushman scooter with an 18horse- for the small frame it is a monster ......where's that pic taken at? That bike is sweet looking though- must be a joy to ride?

New scaping looks great! Barely even miss the big momma birds nest!

Thanks - I know I am much happier with the scape - just feels open

Colorado.

Cushman? Wown sweet. Those are hard to come by in decent shape.

We have some serious winter this year. So no wheeleeez. Besides my crappy dealer didnt install heated grips and seat. Option I paid for.

1200 is huge bike. I kind of liked the urban size and feel of BMW 60/5.

Got pics of that Cushman?

Very nice- I am all about the vintage - my daily rider is a 1960 Cushman scooter with an 18horse- for the small frame it is a monster ......where's that pic taken at? That bike is sweet looking though- must be a joy to ride

Thanks - I know I am much happier with the scape - just feels open

Archived