Coral Vue Hydros

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Looks good man, I REALLY hope that dragon scale pulls through for ya it is a killer piece!!!

Bringing em to the new page:

Well.......I finally fragged the dragon scale after it slowly keep losing tissue. I broke off both tips and glued them in the same area- just have to wait and see how they do. Mounted up the blue and other Aussie Acro and raised up a stylo in the back right. Here's how things finished up- pretty happy with things - hoping the dragon scale stays healthy.

f6ed5b1e66ac1ac80f0d799cda9ef3ca_zpsa1bb

d21d29fdda747eb679492aa05bf21c03_zps1857

f51869564fa38f2c7aaa7c2410af30d6_zps3bcc

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Polarcollision

Rescape turned out really nice. Attractive balance of color and textures, which I happen to LOVE, especially the blue monti featurette. I see you got rid of the giant blue bird, too. If you're having any second thoughts, they can stop. My blue bird bits are already the size of the original sold off. That piece grows crazy fast.

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks Chris! So far so good today - we will see. Ya , I really like the dragon scale- nice thick branches and color

Sk8n Reefer

Rescape turned out really nice. Attractive balance of color and textures, which I happen to LOVE, especially the blue monti featurette. I see you got rid of the giant blue bird, too. If you're having any second thoughts, they can stop. My blue bird bits are already the size of the original sold off. That piece grows crazy fast.

Thanks! Ya, it was quite a little project - I knew I wanted the cap in the middle. Yes, the giant bird had to go- it was shading to much!

Here's the other little colony's started from the big bird doing well - he's hidden a little behind the purple stylo. It's under weaker light but still doing well

d702e534c0558a728561a280fa912ac2_zps0bfa

Sk8n Reefer

Here's some shots from today. The dragon scale survivors

rPQTbop.jpg

And his smaller partner

NrX7fS3.jpg

I raised up this green tipped Stylo which was hiding in the back next to the Birdsnest .

m0FVGgd.jpg

Still loving the bubble gum - growing steady and encrusting also ?

8Id86w3.jpg

Oo8BgvK.jpg

This coral is going to be tough to photograph - from the top it's blue rims are awesome. I'll try to get some top down shots

DBF3L6K.jpg

Sk8n Reefer

Cool. What is that last one?

Not sure of the name- they called it an Aussie Acro - which I feel is a go to when they don't know the name of something ?. I'll try to get a top down shot this week- that's where is really shines!

Not sure of the name- they called it an Aussie Acro - which I feel is a go to when they don't know the name of something . I'll try to get a top down shot this week- that's where is really shines!

HAHA Ya if its colorful and you dont know "Aussie Acro" Did you frag up that Dragonscale too? Did that seem to help?

Sk8n Reefer

HAHA Ya if its colorful and you dont know "Aussie Acro" Did you frag up that Dragonscale too? Did that seem to help?

Ya- it's the first two pics above- so far so good but I am watching carefully

Not sure of the name- they called it an Aussie Acro - which I feel is a go to when they don't know the name of something . I'll try to get a top down shot this week- that's where is really shines!

Typically that is what it would be ordered as 95+% of the time. There are quite a few Aussie acros that are similar in multiple ways so ID isn't always easy so they just label it what it comes to them as. ;)

Sk8n Reefer

Typically that is what it would be ordered as 95+% of the time. There are quite a few Aussie acros that are similar in multiple ways so ID isn't always easy so they just label it what it comes to them as. ;)

Cool, Ya he generally doesn't have them much- this one was fragged recently from a colony he's been growing out. Tried some top down shots with the iPad but they are terrible

Sk8n Reefer

Snapped a few shots of my old birdsnest at my lfs- it's doing well after a good fragging.

The mother colony - looks small in there

a6ac5bb00352b60faf786dd9a16654cd_zps183d

bfc2b85b9e90bdaf8604899129d4d004_zps2f4a

and the frags

48dc140b78523db420ba1040dc6c4390_zps8e6f

Sk8n Reefer

Came home tonight and one of the dragon scale frags was knocked off ,obviously the work of a hermit, poor coral can't get a break. I found it right side up at the bottom - remounted him in place. Seems to be ok

Sk8n Reefer

Wow, so many frags of the birdsnest, and the colony is still big!

For some reason I can't find any birdsnests at any LFS near me lol.

I know at $25.00 a pop- he has some good money there. I am glad the mother colony is looking good still. They were really impressed by how healthy it was ?
Sk8n Reefer

Spoke to soon........the smaller of the two dragon scale frags RTN - it was the one that originally had the issue. Still have the larger frag left but not counting on it doing well ?

Spoke to soon........the smaller of the two dragon scale frags RTN - it was the one that originally had the issue. Still have the larger frag left but not counting on it doing well ?

Dang sorry to hear that dude!

Sk8n Reefer

Dang sorry to hear that dude!

Thanks man- parameters are all stable everyone else is happy so not much I can do- just keep an eye on everything ? but something is bothering it

I'm just getting caught up - sorry to hear about the dragon scale. Hope that last frag makes it!

That's an awesome shot of the birdsnest mothership with so many babies :)

I think that bubble gum is one of my favorites now :wub:

Sk8n Reefer

I'm just getting caught up - sorry to hear about the dragon scale. Hope that last frag makes it!

That's an awesome shot of the birdsnest mothership with so many babies :)

I think that bubble gum is one of my favorites now :wub:

Hey there thanks- yes the bubblegum is a fav for sure. ya - I hope they keep the bird together somewhat but those frags go for 25 a pop so he has many more to frag up. Thanks for the shout out in your TOTM write up- that's awesome of you to say......I am humbled- your tank is top notch!!

Bummer. My isn't doing any better. Ohh well.........

Really? How long have you had it?

Hey there thanks- yes the bubblegum is a fav for sure. ya - I hope they keep the bird together somewhat but those frags go for 25 a pop so he has many more to frag up. Thanks for the shout out in your TOTM write up- that's awesome of you to say......I am humbled- your tank is top notch!!

Really? How long have you had it?

About a month or so. Everything else is doing fine. It was good till one beautiful morning and kinda avalanche from then.
Sk8n Reefer

About a month or so. Everything else is doing fine. It was good till one beautiful morning and kinda avalanche from then.

Similar to my story but mine only lasted about a week ?

Similar to but mine only lasted about a week

It had to be some sort of reaction to water parameters, flow, light or all above.

I started off by low placement. Pretty much on the sand bed. It was fine for several weeks. Then rapid lost of tissue from bottom up. Changed its location to higher light and stronger flow but it doesn't seem to do the trick. I will try to frag what's left of it and see if anything can be saved.

TheKleinReef

Seeing that BN makes me wonder how big mine would have gotten had I not split it in half multiple times. I actually sold 90% of it when I upgraded but that 10% is growing like mad. Haha

Hope the coral stays healthy, I'm rootin for yah!

Archived