Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

Found this creepy monster on the glass tonight- slowly moving along. I've never seen it before- any ID's ?

pmPsy7T.jpg

BnLGwP5.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is indeed Spionid then it is quite harmless. Problems arise when population gets out of control. I don't know or heard about any natural predator that would eat those in home aquariums. I am sure there are some in the wild but non of the common crabs, fish or nudiebranch will touch it. As far as chemical solution is concern, I haven't heard any success stories. But torch usually does the trick ;)

Sk8n Reefer

Hmmm,

I think these things usually live inside rocks and the antennae are like filter feeders. Usually bad guys don't make themselves that obvious, but of course I could be dead wrong.

How about a Spionid epitoke?

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/hitchworms.html

Wow- great link Mark. I put that in my favorites for sure- lots of nasty creatures. Looks similar to Spionid epitoke but the tentacles aren't nearly long enough- may be a version of it though. Thanks for the link- hope I don't see it eating on a sps!

Kinda creepy but cute... Hope it's not a baddie!

I don't know- I don't see the cute! ? worms creep me out though! Nasty nasty nasty?

If it is indeed Spionid then it is quite harmless. Problems arise when population gets out of control. I don't know or heard about any natural predator that would eat those in home aquariums. I am sure there are some in the wild but non of the common crabs, fish or nudiebranch will touch it. As far as chemical solution is concern, I haven't heard any success stories. But torch usually does the trick ;)

Only one I've seen so far- hopefully I won't see it again- crazy how things "pop up" we saw an Acro crab after I fragged by Poci a month or so ago and haven't seen it sense either!

Wow- great link Mark. I put that in my favorites for sure- lots of nasty creatures. Looks similar to Spionid epitoke but the tentacles aren't nearly long enough- may be a version of it though. Thanks for the link- hope I don't see it eating on a sps!

I don't know- I don't see the cute! worms creep me out though! Nasty nasty nasty

It doesn't feed on corals lol

Head looks like chaetopterid but it is kinda irrelevant as both are no threat to your corals. But I could be wrong lol

Sk8n Reefer

The tank is One Year Old today! ? Yah! We made it. Can't beleive a year went by already. I've had a great time with this tank and learned a lot from everyone on here! Looking forward to more growth through this year! ?. Might have to give an extra amount of food today to everyone?

Sk8n Reefer

Happy birthday to your tank and congratulations to you! Great job. Are you going to commemorate the event with a FTS?

Thanks vlangel! ? I need to don't I ! I'll try get one up this week! Traveling the end of the week though!

Thanks vlangel! I need to don't I ! I'll try get one up this week! Traveling the end of the week though!

I will be watching for it!

Sk8n Reefer

Congrats on the 1 yr, I say get a FTS up today and we all send it to Chris Marks and have him make it tank of the day LOL

Thanks man! Tank of the day- lol. Now that's some busy work ?

Thanks man! Tank of the day- lol. Now that's some busy work

Well obviously TOTD would be alot of work, so it would only be reserved for tanks hitting yearly milestones and of quality appearance ;)

Sk8n Reefer

Dang all that in less than a year?

Thanks NanoFever ?

Well obviously TOTD would be alot of work, so it would only be reserved for tanks hitting yearly milestones and of quality appearance ;)

Nice! How many people do you think are joined on this site- that'd be an interesting number to know

Wait wait wait. This is only 1 year old?! Crazy talk! The growth in there is ridiculous!

You should get us a side by side comparison picture of today vs day 1 :)

Sk8n Reefer

Wait wait wait. This is only 1 year old?! Crazy talk! The growth in there is ridiculous!

You should get us a side by side comparison picture of today vs day 1 :)

Thanks jabeuy! Yes, I've had some really good growth over the year!

Happy birthday, tank! :lol::flower:

Thanks Jaime!

The tank is One Year Old today! Yah! We made it. Can't beleive a year went by already. I've had a great time with this tank and learned a lot from everyone on here! Looking forward to more growth through this year! . Might have to give an extra amount of food today to everyone

Happy Birthday tank!!!! And congrats to you for taking such awesome care of it :happydance:.

Archived