Cultivated Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

Happy birthday :flower: Great job with your beautiful tank! I still don't know how you do it but I think there's a lot to be learned from your successes. TOTM has got to be coming soon now that it's officially old enough omgomgomg

Thanks teeny- I've learned a lot from following you and your TOTM write up?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a shot of my two Picasso Clowns in their favorite spot waiting for a meal to come floating by!

imagejpg2_zpseb59acde.jpg

Those are some great looking clowns to go with your great looking reef :)

Happy Birthday to your tank! Lets have a new FTS so I can drool over all your lovely corals. ;) And yes, TOTM would be well deserved! Heading over to that thread now...

Sk8n Reefer

Happy Birthday to your tank! Lets have a new FTS so I can drool over all your lovely corals. ;) And yes, TOTM would be well deserved! Heading over to that thread now...

Thanks TigerLily! Really appreciate it- yes, I'll get a new shot up this week for April ?

Really nice tank. Certainly makes me wish I had looked into a 16Nuvo more...

Thanks Learn It! Just checked out your tank- coming along very good?

Ya! We love the Tiki room- the other wall has some awesome tiki mugs- my wife has a great collection estate sales yes- she got me hooked - I found a cement mixer and a bunch of cement tools that I use building my backyard at a great deal- now I am always looking you never know what you'll find!

Flea markets are awesome too!!! LOVE the Tiki room. I got into some hypertufa sculpting/creating (just take portland cement, add in some pearlite and some peat). I bet your wife would love it! Makes for some awesome lighter cement work and it weathers really well (lots of moss and such when outside). Fun stuff.

Sk8n Reefer

Flea markets are awesome too!!! LOVE the Tiki room. I got into some hypertufa sculpting/creating (just take portland cement, add in some pearlite and some peat). I bet your wife would love it! Makes for some awesome lighter cement work and it weathers really well (lots of moss and such when outside). Fun stuff.

That sounds like a cool technique- definately might have to try it. Ya, we love the tiki room- good excuse to fill the walls with art?

Just got through reading the TOTM thread. That is amazing progress in a year. Well done!

We are facing the same "space" problem with our birdsnest (and frogspawn). The birdsnest was a twig about an inch long when we bought it 14 months ago and like yours it is now larger than a softball (and the frogspawn started smaller than a snail shell and is now larger than a softball as well). We don't want to give them up but they are taking up so much room in our 24 gallon IM.

Anyway, congrats on your tank!

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks everyone! I've learned so much from all your threads

Just got through reading the TOTM thread. That is amazing progress in a year. Well done!

We are facing the same "space" problem with our birdsnest (and frogspawn). The birdsnest was a twig about an inch long when we bought it 14 months ago and like yours it is now larger than a softball (and the frogspawn started smaller than a snail shell and is now larger than a softball as well). We don't want to give them up but they are taking up so much room in our 24 gallon IM.

Anyway, congrats on your tank!

Ya , I hear Ya its a tough call- my bird was really shading some corals so it had to go- I still have a good size frag from it that is growing really well

Grats on TOTM, well deserved! :D

Thanks Mark! You've been really helpful ?

Gotta get my congrats in on this thread too :happydance:. So what does the future behold? Upgrade????? :lol:

Thanks Gena- learned a lot from your thread- try the daily w/C's I just didn't like how my corals reacted to a larger end of the week w/c- the small ones go unnoticed and are really easy!

Awesome! Congratulations on a well-deserved honor! omgomgomg

Thanks teeny- your thread has been inspirational

Congrats man! I think this deserves an upgrade tank order to be placed :lol:

Thanks Chris! You've been a great help to me- wish I had that miracles tank your sportin'

Thanks Gena- learned a lot from your thread- try the daily w/C's I just didn't like how my corals reacted to a larger end of the week w/c- the small ones go unnoticed and are really easy!

You're welcome, and I'm honored..thank you :flower:.

I did my first daily water change today on the tank. It's getting dirty from heavier feedings for my ruby dragonette.

I'm hoping this will make a difference. It's so easy to just change out a gallon a day or maybe every other day :).

Sk8n Reefer

NAk6C.gif

Thanks man- maybe one day I can have the guts to go bb- your tanks looks awesome!

Congrats

Thanks shaken!

Congrats dude!

Thanks for all your support Nano!

NorthGaHillbilly

Thanks man- maybe one day I can have the guts to go bb- your tanks looks awesome!

Thanks shaken!

enough of this modesty malarkey... your tank KICKS ASS!

But I will say... Itd be even better without all that kitty litter on the bottom :P

Archived