Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

Looking very good! Wish I had that many flower nems, I'm loving mine more everyday and today one of mine loved me back ❤️

image_9.jpg

Ha ha! Yes it did! It's the most exciting thing isn't it? I mean, w/ fish you have to be careful w/ the fry not being eaten. With other inverts you have to hope they don't die when they split, with corals you have to frag them. Here they just give. And please do come again!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My tiny reef

Haha, maybe throw some tequila in the tank. I hear that can increase chances of reproduction, maybe it works on nems too.

Ha!

Once I had this. While it is true that babies can crawl out. I've not yet seen that but I had hundreds of these. They were babies. They just didn't open. 20 did. But that was the first female spawn I ever had and it was enormous. And yep, they look like betta food pellets and yes, they are that tiny. So maybe everyone can understand more just how tiny these babies can be and why you worry about them as much as I do. And why I was so disheartened when they didn't make it.

3023_zps9aa1cbe2.jpg

Haha, maybe throw some tequila in the tank. I hear that can increase chances of reproduction, maybe it works on nems too.

caribbean rum!!!

Something I thought about regarding recording your spawns. Also write down the weather at the time, if possible the atmospheric pressure.

Something I thought about regarding recording your spawns. Also write down the weather at the time, if possible the atmospheric pressure.

I wouldn't know anything about that except for when my sinus pressure acts up because rain clouds are coming in strong!!. Once it's raining my head doesn't hurt so sure could be a possibility. If I just keep spawning every couple mos as I have been I'll be happy with that.

These are at least dates of some of the spawnings i've witnessed.

8/2 in the 34

10/12 this tank

11/4

12/15

1/2

4/16

4/19.

I'm sure I just missed some as this tank is in my basement I was so excited between yest and today though that I got on my treadmill for 20 mins at 8 pm tonight while playing Trivia Crack and looking at my tank.

Generally check the weather station in your area. I check mine usually when I start to get migraine - although I should start recording the pressure at the time to also better understand what triggers them.

I wish I could see your tank :3

I siphoned sand again and said what the hell, I only have like 2 more treatments of Chemiclean left in the container so I'm doing another treatment. Also took a pic of a nem no one's seen yet as it was too small. It's more yellow than green but I love the black center and icy look w/ radiating white stalks.

20150423_205512_zpsut36j5xy.jpg

20150423_205816_zpsirji4stl.jpg

and FlowerMama got a hair cut! Long overdue.

20150421_194853_zpsakigxxcu.jpg

20150421_194702_zpssq7gyrm7.jpg

Thank You! We had two 80 degree days a couple weeks ago and I was uncomfortable so I had to cut off 4-5". I'm loving it. It's been about 2 yrs since I had it short.

Nice hair <3. I had mine cut that short when my mum went through chemo. It has since grown back.

I was at the reef shop talking about your cyanodinodamnits. The owner said that he gets them but has learned to get them gone quickly by the blackout - absolutely no light and ensuring there is some nitrates present. He said it took him two months with no water changes to get nitrates present. He has not had trouble with it since.

FlowerMama

Flowers looking awesome and beautiful Great haircut as well looks good :)

Thanks. Doing not only a good siphoning of the sand tomorrow but probably a 1/3 tank water change.

My tiny reef

Love the haircut! Any updates one the babies? I still have two on the rocks and one in a sand jar nursery thing I'm watching and trying to feed. They hit the two week mark but they are stil tiny and just white. I'm hoping they keep growing and show some colors over the next few weeks.

FlowerMama

I had found that one baby and haven't see it since. Then sometime last week I found a large white one on the sand (was like 4 mms, my biggest yet) closed up but next day I never saw it. I don't know where they've disappeared to. I can't imagine the hawkwing conchs or urchins would've eaten them.

My tiny reef

In my humble two weeks experience ( ? ) the ones in the sand bed seem to move around or go missing easier. The two in the rock have a nice hole they can tuck in to when things "get rough" with flow, lighting or snails, etc. I had an open nursery for three babies so that the flow still went over them but I think the snails hitchhiked two of them out. I moved the last to a smaller jar that I don't think the snails can get in, but worry if the water is too still inside. It's definitely experimentation right now and hoping to find a way to keep the babies thriving.

FlowerMama

In my humble two weeks experience ( ) the ones in the sand bed seem to move around or go missing easier. The two in the rock have a nice hole they can tuck in to when things "get rough" with flow, lighting or snails, etc. I had an open nursery for three babies so that the flow still went over them but I think the snails hitchhiked two of them out. I moved the last to a smaller jar that I don't think the snails can get in, but worry if the water is too still inside. It's definitely experimentation right now and hoping to find a way to keep the babies thriving.

I hope you succeed with them. I found when I tried to move a few smaller ones before, they disappeared. I have heavier flow trying to keep the cyano at bay. I'm hoping that doing less is more.

My tiny reef

I hope you succeed with them. I found when I tried to move a few smaller ones before, they disappeared. I have heavier flow trying to keep the cyano at bay. I'm hoping that doing less is more.

I'm sure you are right, in nature they find their way somehow, right? I tired to leave them alone but then saw snails barreling over them and the current blowing them away (literally saw one fly thru the water coulmn and was luckily feeding so sucked it up with the turkey baster and put it in a jar). I think your forum will be a great place of information about them and hopefully provides insight on what is successfully in breeding them in a home aquarium. You've already helped me tremendously in the understanding and care of mine!

FlowerMama

I'm sure you are right, in nature they find their way somehow, right? I tired to leave them alone but then saw snails barreling over them and the current blowing them away (literally saw one fly thru the water coulmn and was luckily feeding so sucked it up with the turkey baster and put it in a jar). I think your forum will be a great place of information about them and hopefully provides insight on what is successfully in breeding them in a home aquarium. You've already helped me tremendously in the understanding and care of mine!

Glad I could help. I feel happy knowing they could sustain higher pH, turned off lights for 4 days, Chemiclean for 6 treatments, and up to this point, no feeding since 3/15 when this happened. Strong they are!!! I just worry about adding food and having the cyano grow stronger. I feel at some point here since there are no nutrients in the tank they SHOULD BE DYING OFF!!!!! And I don't know if dying cyano feeds cyano. So while I did do a great siphoning on Saturday, I'm going to do another one already Tues.

Archived