SaltCritters.com

My SPS 40. I make aiptasia and bubble algae look goooood..

glennr1978

That thing is bitchin'! I've always wanted to ma a CSD, but with my display being in my living room, the noise would be too much. One day I want to make a tank with true wave surge action.

That thing is bitchin'! I've always wanted to ma a CSD, but with my display being in my living room, the noise would be too much. One day I want to make a tank with true wave surge action.

I've similar things done in display tanks but this one would suck. It's really loud and creates a ton of micro bubbles.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

I foresee salt creep :blink:

I foresee salt creep :blink:

It's been up and running for over a month now with no noticeable salt creep anywhere :)

Don't know why corals is underlined in my last post...weird.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey glenn! Awesome120!!! You always crank out some awesome stuff!!! How about lowering the surge outlets under water and angle them up at a 45 degree angle. Maybe that will help with the microbubbles? Cant wait to see more!! Btw rhe 40 is looking insane as always!

The new fish are doing well. I've had them for 2 weeks now and obviously that doewnt mean they will make it long term, but it is definitely a huge step in the right direction. The CB hid from the camera :( I'll try to get one thst includes him next time.

Got one of the corals too.

Sorry for the wayback quote but I'm trying to keep up with all the tank threads. :) I can't see these videos, tells me they are private.

glennr1978

Let me check on the videos....sorry :)Probably should check my own thread more often as well lol.

Sorry for the wayback quote but I'm trying to keep up with all the tank threads. :) I can't see these videos, tells me they are private.
Fixed!

Dang Glen and his damn private tease vids!
Sorry! Fixed it :)
glennr1978
Hey glenn! Awesome120!!! You always crank out some awesome stuff!!! How about lowering the surge outlets under water and angle them up at a 45 degree angle. Maybe that will help with the microbubbles? Cant wait to see more!! Btw rhe 40 is looking insane as always!

Thanks man! I did lower the outlets for the surge and the only really noticable difference is the noise, it's much quieter now :).

Thanks for fixing the vids, I enjoyed them. I really like the corals, going to read through and see if you id'ed all the corals for us dummies.

glennr1978
Thanks for fixing the vids, I enjoyed them. I really like the corals, going to read through and see if you id'ed all the corals for us dummies.

I really dont have a lot of corals, and most of them are pretty basic. I've got a german blue polyp digi colony (dont think its noticable in the old vieeos but its good size now), birds of paradise, green bn, pink bn, pearlberry (about to really take off), red planet (still a small frag),all of which are ora. Also have tubbs bn, yellow porites, rainbow pocci (still small), garf bonsai (starting to get to a decent size), and an indestructible blue tipped green tenius (I think). Oh yeah, I also added a ~4" blue aussie echinata (bottlebrush) a few hours ago. I've had issues with the ato on the prop tank and this is the only coral that seemed to be affected. Unfortunately my now 4" colony was a ~7" colony a few days ago. It rtn'ed overnight :(. I decided to put it in the 40 which is a more established and stable system. It sucks, I just saw an identical coral sell for $400 the other day on liveaquaria. Good news is the 9 frags I had cut still look good :).

There's a few other "filler" corals in the 40 but that's pretty much the list overall.

• 4 weeks later...
Corpusreefclub

I love the corals in the tank! Petco is getting some new SPS in tomorrow if you want to come by. Lol :)

I love the corals in the tank! Petco is getting some new SPS in tomorrow if you want to come by. Lol :)

Thanks! I've actually found some decent corals there from time to time. Maybe I'll stop by tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a FTS from about 2 minutes ago.20130717_201923.jpgJust changed out the almost 3 year old sand bed :)

In related news...I destroyed my purple polyped digi colony. Damn thing was only about an inch away from the surface of the water. Now it's in multiple pieces :(. Anybody need a frag, lol.

20130717_210944.jpg

The tank has cleared up a little. I think I'm going to glue the digi back together. I've done it once before and it worked pretty well.

Haha I guess that will work :lol:

Where did you do that before?

Same coral, but when it was much smaller.

I've done that before. I just use superglue. :D

Tank is looking fantastic btw, love seeing those big colonies.

It tried using just super glue at first but it wouldn't hold. The branches are very thin and I only had about a 5mm area to apply the glue. I only use putty as a last resort. I'm not exactly happy with how it turned out, but it's better than waiting 6 months for it to grow out again. I'm hoping that it will encrust the putty quickly so it's not as noticeable.

This is an awesome tank. Can't believe I have never seen it before. I have been thinkin about changin out my sand as well, is there anything I need to worry about when doing the switch?

Same coral, but when it was much smaller.

I'm hoping that it will encrust the putty quickly so it's not as noticeable.

That sounds like a good way to shape your colony.

Archived