inTank Media Baskets

My SPS 40. I make aiptasia and bubble algae look goooood..

glennr1978

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What has been your growth rate on that porites? Your colonies look great!

I've actually had that coral for many years now. Everytime I start a new tank I keep a frag from it. For the first year and a half the tank was neglected and IMO, had inadequate lighting (2x's 150w mh). Since I've been running 500w of mh growthhas really taken off. I'd say it has at least tripled in size over the last 6 months or so.

Bummer. We're you on a trip when it crashed?

No I was in bed for the night when it happened and didnt notice in the morning when I was getting ready for work.

Dam sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my flame wrasse trio and flame back angel this year to a power outage. Hope you get all the fish you want back into the tank.

That sucks! I bet the trio didn't come cheap. It will likely be a little while before I add any fish. Being the sole source of income in my family takes its toll this time of year. In addition to the tang and the anthias trio I'm seriously considering a copperband butterfly. I've wanted one for a while.

So I went ahead and got a few new fish. I got a copperband butterfly and 3 lyretail anthias. I've had tuem for about a week now and so far, so good :)

20121209_155808.jpg

20121213_170657.jpg

20121213_170623.jpg

• Like 1
Awesome looking tank Glen! How many fish you got in there now?

11. I'll be getting a kole tang in another week or so. I want to let the other new fish get very settled in first. Th en a couple more sps colonies and maybe some zoas, then I'll be "done".

wow very nice. i liked your aio 20l too. :)

Thanks! I enjoyed that tank, I kinda wish I would've kept it a little longer.

Nice Glenn,

Glad to see you're still rocking it in the reefing world. SPS are looking really happy!

Thanks buddy! Its good to see you're still around as well.

Nice CB Butterfly. How is it eating?

He's eating mysis and cyclopeeze but mostly picks at the rocks. He had a little bit of ich when I got him but its gone now. Apparently he's adjusting to the tank well.

He's eating mysis and cyclopeeze but mostly picks at the rocks. He had a little bit of ich when I got him but its gone now. Apparently he's adjusting to the tank well.

Glad to hear it. I know they are tough sometimes.

Tank is looking good. Like your choice in fish. I wanted an anthias and a copperband. Didn't know if I had the space for them. I only have 7 fish, so I have some catching up to you. Will see how they do in your tank first. Thanks for sharing.

Tank is looking good. Like your choice in fish. I wanted an anthias and a copperband. Didn't know if I had the space for them. I only have 7 fish, so I have some catching up to you. Will see how they do in your tank first. Thanks for sharing.

I'll keep you posted. They seem to be doing just fine so far. I'm really liking the new fish. They interact well with the other fish and just overall seem to complete the tank....almost.

Nice! Back to your roots. That 40br you had a few years ago was one of the best one's on here.

Thanks bro! I learned a lot with that tank. It made setting thisnone up much easier. It's been up for 2 years now and all I've changed is the lights (which I'm 100% happy with now). That may be a record for me...

Archived