Coral Vue Hydros

My SPS 40. I make aiptasia and bubble algae look goooood..

glennr1978

I hope all is good and it wasn't anything bad putting the upgrade on hold.... seems this tanks rockin along nicely why risk screwing it up with a change like that. I vote when your ready just set up a 2nd display, your wife seems pretty cool about the hobby/industry so shouldn't be a big deal ;) lol

Nothing bad at all. I've just got a lot on my plate lately so adding another project probably isn't the best idea. That, and the tank is pretty much on autopilot, lol.

My wife is cool, but she shot down my idea of adding tanks on both sides of the 40. My stand was built to hold a 125g so I've got space on each side of the tank to do something like a pair of 16" cubes. I wanted to do one with seahorses, and one with BTA's. Both tanks would be plumbed into the 40. Anyway, when I ran the idea by my wife she shot it down. I'm persistent though, I started bugging her about CGA in 2008 :). Maybe in another year or so she will let me get the cubes, lol. I know she would never go for yet another stand alone system in this house. Hell, even I don't want that!!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing bad at all. I've just got a lot on my plate lately so adding another project probably isn't the best idea. That, and the tank is pretty much on autopilot, lol.

My wife is cool, but she shot down my idea of adding tanks on both sides of the 40. My stand was built to hold a 125g so I've got space on each side of the tank to do something like a pair of 16" cubes. I wanted to do one with seahorses, and one with BTA's. Both tanks would be plumbed into the 40. Anyway, when I ran the idea by my wife she shot it down. I'm persistent though, I started bugging her about CGA in 2008 :). Maybe in another year or so she will let me get the cubes, lol. I know she would never go for yet another stand alone system in this house. Hell, even I don't want that!!

Godspeed! I tried to convince my fiancé I should have more options for light fixtures. She gave me a look of disgust and changed the subject. Women...

I've got space on each side of the tank to do something like a pair of 16" cubes. I wanted to do one with seahorses, and one with BTA's. Both tanks would be plumbed into the 40.

A 40 mixed reef with a cube on each side.....AWESOME! Can't wait until you break her down :scarry:

Yeah I figured things were just keeping you busy, definitely glad thats the case :)

jedimasterben

Godspeed! I tried to convince my fiancé I should have more options for light fixtures. She gave me a look of disgust and changed the subject. Wimminz...

ftfy :)

This tank is less gay than others...

Who's this weird guy with tape all over his face?!?!?! Looks like he took the NOH8 thing a little far!! Hahaha, What's up man??? Has the reefing bug bit again?

A 40 mixed reef with a cube on each side.....AWESOME! Can't wait until you break her down :scarry:

It will inevitably happen at some point. I can only let these corals get so big in a 40.

BattleAthletics

Who's this weird guy with tape all over his face?!?!?! Looks like he took the NOH8 thing a little far!! Hahaha, What's up man??? Has the reefing bug bit again?

The rest of him is here.

fun_with_duct_tape_26.jpg

Despite my best efforts :(

I have a new empty 40 in the shop but I also have a new empty 20 long. Think I'm going with the 20 long and shooting for a super simple easy to maintain set-up. Never had one of those before.

As long as there aren't anymore hurricanes coming I may hit you up sometime in the corals lol.

I have a new empty 40 in the shop but I also have a new empty 20 long. Think I'm going with the 20 long and shooting for a super simple easy to maintain set-up. Never had one of those before.

As long as there aren't anymore hurricanes coming I may hit you up sometime in the corals lol.

I'm all about simplicity these days. My big tank is about as basic as it gets (and runs fantastic). I vote 40b display and the 20 as a sump. Come one man, you know you wanna!!!

Lol, I forgot about the hurricane mishpap. Did anything live through that? I don't remember..

I'm all about simplicity these days. My big tank is about as basic as it gets (and runs fantastic). I vote 40b display and the 20 as a sump. Come one man, you know you wanna!!!

Lol, I forgot about the hurricane mishpap. Did anything live through that? I don't remember..

I think a couple of zoas made it through 7 days in the back of a fed ex truck.

Don't think the 40 will fly right now, don't really even want to. We will see how this goes and upgrade if necessary. Lol

I think a couple of zoas made it through 7 days in the back of a fed ex truck.

Don't think the 40 will fly right now, don't really even want to. We will see how this goes and upgrade if necessary. Lol

You'll start with the 20L, get it going and looking decent... then you will realize you want more space for corals and upgrade.

I get it though. The 20L is less daunting to set up, it is easier to fill and get to a point where it looks complete, and if need be a 25% weekly water change is only a 5 gallon pail. Screams easy!

The bug will only grow, and eventually you will end up getting that 40 wet. Just you wait and see... ;)

You'll start with the 20L, get it going and looking decent... then you will realize you want more space for corals and upgrade.

I get it though. The 20L is less daunting to set up, it is easier to fill and get to a point where it looks complete, and if need be a 25% weekly water change is only a 5 gallon pail. Screams easy!

The bug will only grow, and eventually you will end up getting that 40 wet. Just you wait and see... ;)

Yep, been there done that. My 90g crash killed me from wanting one for a while. Trying to ease back in now that I'm busier than ever. I've always liked building the setup more than anything. I've built tanks and sold them before they ever saw salt water. I think I'm going to try and refocus that on caring for one tank. We will see.

What's the latest on yours Glenn? I kind of skimmed the end of the thread at work. Cliff notes?

Yep, been there done that. My 90g crash killed me from wanting one for a while. Trying to ease back in now that I'm busier than ever. I've always liked building the setup more than anything. I've built tanks and sold them before they ever saw salt water. I think I'm going to try and refocus that on caring for one tank. We will see.

Haha, well either way I am glad to see you back in the game.

That is pretty much what I was gonna say :).

What's the latest on yours Glenn? I kind of skimmed the end of the thread at work. Cliff notes?

Nothing really. Basically the tank is on autopilot, and I neglect the hell out of it. I really need to put myself in check about that. It really is a very nice tank and I should be happier with it than I am. That said, one of my new year's resolutions is to take better care of the 40. With a little more effort it could look as good as any tank on this site, if I do say so my damn self, lol. I just replaced the bulbs a couple of weeks ago, and I did a big wc the other day. I'm on the right track, haha.

Never saw this before, wow. Tank looks amazing. :naughtydance:

Thanks man! I really don't update the thread often. maybe I'll add that to my list of reefing resolutions :).

Haha, well either way I am glad to see you back in the game.

Ditto. Now we just need Ben (bdare) to come back. I wonder what that guy's up to these days?

Archived