Top Shelf Aquatics

My SPS 40. I make aiptasia and bubble algae look goooood..

glennr1978

The new fish are doing well. I've had them for 2 weeks now and obviously that doewnt mean they will make it long term, but it is definitely a huge step in the right direction. The CB hid from the camera :( I'll try to get one thst includes him next time.

Got one of the corals too.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean really, what's an LPS doing in an SPS tank. You should totally sell that to me instead..... :D

I've actually been thinking about getting rid of it. I kinda want to put a plate coral in that spot. If I do you will be the first to know!

I'm dead serious about making me an offer by the way. I'm sure we could work something out, especially if you've been considering getting rid of it.

Well, there is one hold up...and it's a big one, lol. My wife has asked me to put a maze brain in pretty much every tank I've ever had. She may not be too happy with me if I sell it. My lfs was getting them regularly about 6 months ago. If they start getting nice ones in again maybe I can snag one up and and send it to you. They sell them cheap too, I think I only paid about 30 bucks for mine :)

You had to play the wife card didn't you..... Anything else but that and I'm sure I could have gotten you to sell it. But the last thing I'll do is get in the middle of a marriage. :)

That's one of the nicest mazes I've seen, near perfect ball and everything. If you come across another, please give me a heads up. Just PM me a pic and the LFS's number and I'll take care of the rest. :)

That's also the color combo I want too, :lol:.

You had to play the wife card didn't you..... Anything else but that and I'm sure I could have gotten you to sell it. But the last thing I'll do is get in the middle of a marriage. :)

That's one of the nicest mazes I've seen, near perfect ball and everything. If you come across another, please give me a heads up. Just PM me a pic and the LFS's number and I'll take care of the rest. :)That's also the color combo I want too, :lol:.

Will do. I'll keep you posted :)

• 1 month later...
Glad to see the anthias are doing well and like others have said, the tank is lookin' good!

Thanks! I've had the anthias for going on 3 months now and they're doing great. I eased up on the feeding and almost lost one of them. I've since increased the feeding and all is well. Btw, your tank has always been an inspiration. I hope it's still chugging along :).

man your tank is awesome. I love how all of your rock has kind of an over hang. Looks like a very well planned out reef, do you ever think about going bigger?

man your tank is awesome. I love how all of your rock has kind of an over hang. Looks like a very well planned out reef, do you ever think about going bigger?
Thanks! The rockwork really allows good flow throughout the display. There's probably only about a half a foot of rock surface area touching the sandbed. I've thought about going to a bigger tank a few times but this one is really doing well without a whole lot of work so I'll likely keep thos on for a while. I'd like to see it at least make the three year mark. That would be at the end of this year.

I really need to invest in a decent camera. My phone pics do the tank absolutely no justice, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
lagunastudio

Thanks! The rockwork really allows good flow throughout the display. There's probably only about a half a foot of rock surface area touching the sandbed. I've thought about going to a bigger tank a few times but this one is really doing well without a whole lot of work so I'll likely keep thos on for a while. I'd like to see it at least make the three year mark. That would be at the end of this year.

I really need to invest in a decent camera. My phone pics do the tank absolutely no justice, lol.

yeah your scape is incredible, I am going to consider your design in future builds for sure. That maze brain you have is really cool. I saw one almost exactly like yours but not a full half sphere the other day and almost bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am intrigued. There are tanks that do a tidal simulation as well. I guess the reasoning is the coral slime is a good thing. Similar idea.

Tough crowd!!! I set up a 120g prop tank w/ a badass surge and still cant create any traffic lol. Oh well...

Well it caught my eye and I am barely ever on this forum anymore!

Your tank is looking great and your frag system is awesome; the surge is baller dude.

I couldn't see the first couple vids of the tank though, said "Private" when I clicked on them. Bummer...

jedimasterben

Yep... almost ready for coral :)

That thing is bitchin'! I've always wanted to ma a CSD, but with my display being in my living room, the noise would be too much. One day I want to make a tank with true wave surge action.

Archived